Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Pretty unfortunate. That type of accident is almost always fatal for normal cars.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Please keep your cell phone down!!! It's not worth driving crazy during traffic either.

This is a big wake up call for me. God rest this person soul.
True, hopefully this wasn't a case of the mustang driver swerving to miss someone else and running into the back of a stopped truck. I say this, as a traffic crawl and looking at phone you not be going fast enough to get that far under the trailer. That looks like a lane change at speed and a dead stop. either from force to swerve into another lane or the weaving in and out of lanes like a moron.
Way too many don't even look to see if a vehicle is in a lane and just move over, I see this many times every day.
Many folks get damn lucky . Sadly whatever the cause that Driver never will see tomorrow.
R.I.P.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Semi trailer rear bumper should have been reenforced to prevent car to crash underneath. Unfortunate but will be a handsome payout for a good lawyer.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Semi trailer rear bumper should have been reenforced to prevent car to crash underneath. Unfortunate but will be a handsome payout for a good lawyer.
Well presuming the truck had a rear bumper it would have been strong enough to withstand a car going at legal speeds from going under it. Truck trailers have standards just like cars. There is no lawyer that will convince a jury that the level of damage was caused by a vehicle doing the legal speed limit. I’m certainly sorry the this happened and of the end result. That said I would bet the official outcome is going to be excessive speed.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Well presuming the truck had a rear bumper it would have been strong enough to withstand a car going at legal speeds from going under it. Truck trailers have standards just like cars. There is no lawyer that will convince a jury that the level of damage was caused by a vehicle doing the legal speed limit. I’m certainly sorry the this happened and of the end result. That said I would bet the official outcome is going to be excessive speed.
The same weak standard for trucks as in seats in passenger cars for rear ended protection. They all collapse and severely injure front seaters. It all boils down to money to strengthen vs cheaper to pay out lawsuit.

As for me, I would be opting for getting the safety option of automatic stop, collision avoidance, brake assistance (or whatever they are called).

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Wow, I can’t imagine how fast you need to be going to get a mustang that far under a truck like that. I wonder if the only thing that stopped it was the trailer wheels and axles.

We had a crazy one here very recently, not a mustang, but a teen girl changed lanes to the left right under a semi trailer and got dragged for a while. She lived though.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Watched the news story.
1. Occurred at 4:00 AM
2. Flashers were on the Semi in the news video
3. Semi was on the shoulder at impact

I am not familiar with the road conditions there at 4am on a Saturday but I would guess few cars. Making assumptions helps nobody. An educated guess would be alcohol, fatigue, or alcohol and fell asleep. Theres also the possibility of a medical emergency. Looks possible that the semi was stopped. This happens way too often where workers or others are hit on a shoulder by an impaired driver. Not to sound harsh but at least the person doing nothing wrong was not killed. Its sad that anyone died from something preventable.

Red sports car…so much for feeding the stereotype. Is that an intercooler?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
As for me, I would be opting for getting the safety option of automatic stop, collision avoidance, brake assistance (or whatever they are called).
At the speed that car was traveling I highly doubt that any automatic safety function would have helped.
Sponsored