My commute is ruining my fun.

MuahMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I live in Boynton but work in downtown Ft Lauderdale. From the minute I get on I-95 in the morning to the second I get off at Oakland Park Blvd, I'm stuck in 5-10 MPH stop-and-go traffic. Kinda regretting not getting a 10 speed auto now. I gotta take a nap at work when I get there shit is so tiring. 1st gear, go 20 feet, 2nd gear, brakes, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear brake, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 1st gear, 2nd gear, GRRRRRRRRRRRR It's not like we live in the blue ridge fucking mountains people, it's flat and straight how in the fuck do you all get in so many accidents. God I hate Broward county. Could get around faster on a damn Honda moped. My clutch is probably begging for mercy.

OK, rant over.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MuahMan

MuahMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Keep talkinā€¦youā€™re making me glad I turned down a job in Lauderdale early this year šŸ˜‚
It's not sustainable for me. Especially after working from home for 18 months. Shouldn't take me an hour and a half to go 28 miles. Used to work in Jupiter, what a dream. One slow down around Okeechobee Blvd then pretty much wide open all the way to Donald Ross Blvd. I'm sending resumes out like crazy... 100% up North. Broward and Dade can eat my ass. lol

Kaseikei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium
@MuahMan Im on a 10 speed and its still sucks, im in the Pembroke Area, an drive down to Miami Airport for work. I'm doing just the same by trying to find jobs up north.... if anyone here is searching for Aviation Engineers :)

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Well I live in Greenacres and I work in Pompano, in the mornings it takes me about 35 minutes to travel 32 miles and about 50 minutes to 1 hour to get back home in the afternoon. The few times I had to go to pines from pompano the drive is miserable, a 30 mile drive takes 1.5 hours.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I use to be in a similar situation a little northwest of you in Tampa. I hated traffic with a manual, but loved the car otherwise. I was commuting and started working 7 to 4 to get on the front end of rush hour. My drive was about 45mins and it still sucks but it's not as bad as 8 to 5. If you like your job but hate your commute maybe that could help?

Deleted member 35644

Check into the possibility of modified hours. I arrive at the office at 6:30, and leave at 3:30. Traffic that time of morning is in stark contrast to what I'd face leaving the house at 7:30. My 19 mile commute took me 25 minutes today. It's not that good going home, because rush hour lasts from 3 to 7 in Dallas, but the morning drive is a breeze, unless some nimrod racks himself up on Central Expressway.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
It's like that anywhere on the I-95 corridor, even here in Delaware. I'm glad I am only on it for 2 miles before I exit. It's hardly ever open enough where I can even hit the speed limit on it. Be glad you don't have to deal with the Joe Jam...

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I live in Boynton but work in downtown Ft Lauderdale. From the minute I get on I-95 in the morning to the second I get off at Oakland Park Blvd, I'm stuck in 5-10 MPH stop-and-go traffic. Kinda regretting not getting a 10 speed auto now. I gotta take a nap at work when I get there shit is so tiring. 1st gear, go 20 feet, 2nd gear, brakes, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear brake, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 1st gear, 2nd gear, GRRRRRRRRRRRR It's not like we live in the blue ridge fucking mountains people, it's flat and straight how in the fuck do you all get in so many accidents. God I hate Broward county. Could get around faster on a damn Honda moped. My clutch is probably begging for mercy.

OK, rant over.
This is exhausting, and I can relate. There was a time I was doing the same thing. Yes auto is a blessing in these situations, and a much more calming driving experience. Starting my day off this way and ending it this way was very tiring. Sorry mate.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

OK, rant over.
Exactly why I have the A10. My HEP GT350 was the last 3 peddle. Traffic has become insane ever where it seems. Even the national parks are now a nightmare to traverse. I used to enjoy driving a manual. Swore I'd never own an auto. Geeze, was I wrong. Now that I've gotten used to the paddles, I would never go back. YMMV

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Check into the possibility of modified hours. I arrive at the office at 6:30, and leave at 3:30. Traffic that time of morning is in stark contrast to what I'd face leaving the house at 7:30. My 19 mile commute took me 25 minutes today. It's not that good going home, because rush hour lasts from 3 to 7 in Dallas, but the morning drive is a breeze, unless some nimrod racks himself up on Central Expressway.
:crying: Central Expy ? I will light a candle for you my brother ..............

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Not that this is a big help but I do find there is a sweet spot in stop and go where I can stay in 2nd and creep forward pretty constantly and do way less gear changes.

It all goes to shit if someone cuts in front of you though. šŸ¤Ŗ

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Not that this is a big help but I do find there is a sweet spot in stop and go where I can stay in 2nd and creep forward pretty constantly and do way less gear changes.

It all goes to shit if someone cuts in front of you though. šŸ¤Ŗ
Clearly you don't live in Florida. You can't leave a car length between you and the next car without some jerkoff cutting in front of you and then slamming on the braking :cwl:
Sponsored