Sponsored

Center Armrest - Dual USB Hub w/ Type C

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
And apparently now with FORSCAN you can use a drop down to select themes with 3.4 - I'll try to check it out and take pics tonight.
Sponsored

OP
OP
V6S197

V6S197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
And apparently now with FORSCAN you can use a drop down to select themes with 3.4 - I'll try to check it out and take pics tonight.
Oh, I’m curious about this!

I suppose I might just buy it and update the post if it works.

OP
OP
V6S197

V6S197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
I want to install a Type C Hub (HC3Z-19A387-B or HC3T-14F014-A) in the center armrest so that I can use my Type-C to lightning cable like I do every where else, including the Cadillac and Audi in the stable.

Edited for more info:
My car is navigation equipped, with the Digital Dash, Safe and Smart Package, and it has sync version 3.4 installed by the dealer.

edit: the part arrived. It fits in the console just fine. The type-C port works along with the type-A. HOWEVER it does not have a spot for the front USB plug that sits under the start button to work. It’s a blank slot on the module, sadly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Hey everyone, this does work, with CarPlay to boot! Both ports work for CarPlay, as well. There are 2 revisions of this part, one with a smaller fascia, one with a larger fascia. But the larger one, it fits right in the keyed slot. HOWEVER it does not contain a provision for the front USB plug, if you check the images I added to the first post. I might get a mini-USB splitter, but for now, this works fine.

OP
OP
V6S197

V6S197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Would these still work with Apple CarPlay? Curious I would love either of those over single usb
works just fine on both ports with CarPlay!

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Hey everyone, this does work, with CarPlay to boot! Both ports work for CarPlay, as well. There are 2 revisions of this part, one with a smaller fascia, one with a larger fascia. But the larger one, it fits right in the keyed slot. HOWEVER it does not contain a provision for the front USB plug, if you check the images I added to the first post. I might get a mini-USB splitter, but for now, this works fine.
Do you have a link to the item?

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I want to clarify. if I buy that, are you saying I lose the usb under my toggles? / sync area located opposite of start button.

OP
OP
V6S197

V6S197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
V6S197

V6S197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
I guess this is why the Amazon sellers say this one will not work in the Mustang.
I might try a mini-USB splitter I suppose, to at least get power to that port.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
if you had 1 CarPlay port, is there any reason if you split it, in 2 or 3 ways, wouldn't all 3 ports then get CarPlay? I dont understand how it works per say. does it not have enough power if it gets split to process it? (wouldn't that only matter if you had devices plugged in all 3 at once?) ie, you have 3 slots split on 1 CarPlay port. but 2 are empty, meaning full juice is pumped to the 1 port. if the power is the limiter for CarPlay

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
if you had 1 CarPlay port, is there any reason if you split it, in 2 or 3 ways, wouldn't all 3 ports then get CarPlay? I dont understand how it works per say. does it not have enough power if it gets split to process it? (wouldn't that only matter if you had devices plugged in all 3 at once?) ie, you have 3 slots split on 1 CarPlay port. but 2 are empty, meaning full juice is pumped to the 1 port. if the power is the limiter for CarPlay
Bandwidth is the issue. Every device on a splitter has to share the data buss (and charge current). You could use a splitter to charge a phone but only one device should be used for data transfer at a time. I would just use a USB charge port in the +12V power port and not chance having problems with Carplay or AndroidAuto.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium