K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I take it from that you don't have a plan either
I have a perfect plan, keep oil and natural gas at market prices.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
The climate changes daily, it's called weather.
Actually weather changes daily.

Climate is the average of the weather over a long period of time and does not change daily.

The two terms are not used interchangeably.

They are not synonyms.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Climate is the average of the weather over a long period of time and does not change daily.
There, fixed it for ya.

3 things in life are certain
1) Death
2)Taxes
3)Climate change.

Nothing we can do about any of the above, well maybe taxes.....

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
There, fixed it for ya.

3 things in life are certain
1) Death
2)Taxes
3)Climate change.

Nothing we can do about any of the above, well maybe taxes.....
Lol. That doesn't change the definition of climate except in your own mind.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Lol. That doesn't change the definition of climate except in your own mind.
The climate has changed in the past. There are known times without polar ice caps. Humans were not here to cause it. There will be times in the future when there will be no polar ice caps. There is nothing we as humans can do to stop it.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
So people who cannot afford electricity will have to do without heat?

Great solution.
Hello; In essence you are correct. The way this is playing out there will not be much in the way of an alternative allowed. Go looking for an older style washing machine or water heater. This sort of takeover was accomplished long ago. Try finding an old style light bulb other than an appliance bulb for an oven. ( the new bulbs do do well in an oven).
Now let me be clear on this. I have replaced most of my light bulbs with either LED or CFL types over time. I did it on my own when the cost made sense to me. I would have done this even if the older type had not been phased out by government action.

About ten years ago I woke up one morning to a cold house. The power was off and it was below zero F. I had no alternative heat. I was lucky in that the power came back on b that day before too long. No frozen pipes or anything like that. I installed a wood burner.
Some winters I have maybe 20 to 30 fires. Other winters I have maybe 10 t o15 fires. Depends on if the power goes out and if how cold it gets. My heat pump goes to resistance coil type heat at low temps. (resistance coil equals the type like an electric stove burner and is very inefficient) At some point when the current unit fails, I hope to get a type which can efficiently pull heat energy out of below freezing air.
I can picture a time when I will not be able to buy wood. That is the way I figure they will start to control it that way.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
So people who cannot afford electricity will have to do without heat?

Great solution.
Like you are worried about the Peons ! You have already made it completely clear you don't mix with them.

The climate changes daily, it's called weather.
In one sentence you have confirmed you have absolutely no knowledge or understanding of climate. Nothing I can say about you or your opinions will ever be worse than the hole you just dug yourself. :cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl:

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
The climate has changed in the past. There are known times without polar ice caps. Humans were not here to cause it. There will be times in the future when there will be no polar ice caps. There is nothing we as humans can do to stop it.
You must have posted this 50 times by now, and it still doesn't make it any more accurate. It has been completely rebutted, but you just keep banging out the same thing. I can write your next 10 posts for you if you like - they just go around in the same circle over and over

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hello; In essence you are correct. The way this is playing out there will not be much in the way of an alternative allowed. Go looking for an older style washing machine or water heater. This sort of takeover was accomplished long ago. Try finding an old style light bulb other than an appliance bulb for an oven. ( the new bulbs do do well in an oven).
Now let me be clear on this. I have replaced most of my light bulbs with either LED or CFL types over time. I did it on my own when the cost made sense to me. I would have done this even if the older type had not been phased out by government action.

About ten years ago I woke up one morning to a cold house. The power was off and it was below zero F. I had no alternative heat. I was lucky in that the power came back on b that day before too long. No frozen pipes or anything like that. I installed a wood burner.
Some winters I have maybe 20 to 30 fires. Other winters I have maybe 10 t o15 fires. Depends on if the power goes out and if how cold it gets. My heat pump goes to resistance coil type heat at low temps. (resistance coil equals the type like an electric stove burner and is very inefficient) At some point when the current unit fails, I hope to get a type which can efficiently pull heat energy out of below freezing air.
I can picture a time when I will not be able to buy wood. That is the way I figure they will start to control it that way.
Wood burners fitted with filters burning dry wood are OK as they don't push out the PM2.5 and PM10 particles. Simple solution that would never have happened without the legal intervention to force it.

LED and CFL bulbs were much less profitable for manufacturers than simple old incandescent bulbs (they were VERY cheap to make), without legal intervention the change would either never have happened or happened much more slowly. The effect has been dramatic on reduced electricity consumption, good for the environment and good for the consumer and eventually the manufacturers through research and development get their profits back from hugely increased sales.

It is worth pointing out that the ban on burning coal at home in the UK has had virtually no impact because it isn't used by people any more. It is revolting stuff that produces disgusting smoke and an evil residue. We got rid of smogs in our cities by banning it there and nobody at all misses that.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Net zero global emissions by 2050? The IEA's outlook is unrealistic (msn.com)

Hello; I am pretty sure this article is about the IEA report I posted a link to some time back. Perhaps the more important point is about how we are moving to do away with proven energy tech and being asked (forced when they have the power) to rely on not fully vetted power sources.

If I use the event in Texas last winter I am sure some will start to point out how the wind turbines and gas lines just were not cold hardened. Well that is the main point, that in the planning some one decided such a step was not needed.
Maybe it was the extra cost. Maybe it was thinking since they had decided to believe we are in a warming event, that such bitter cold was off the table. So instead of having traditional and proven energy sources that could be used, they put an entire state at risk.
Will it happen again in Texas? I hope not. If the green energy agenda is kept perhaps they will have learned a hard lesson. One of my themes in these discussions is to have the change become more based on what proves to work. It would also be good to have it be practical.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You must have posted this 50 times by now, and it still doesn't make it any more accurate. It has been completely rebutted,
Which part is not accurate? Poles with no ice? That there are warm and cold cycles?
So how does that fix the pollution created by burning them ? Still no plan then ..
scrubbers ect....
They are by those who don't understand the subjects !
Since you claim that poles with no ice in the past is inaccurate, who doesn't understand?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Like you are worried about the Peons ! You have already made it completely clear you don't mix with them.
I sure as H, E, double toothpicks am not an elite.
Sponsored