OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Anyways, back to the top original topic.
Here’s Patrick Moore getting his arse handed to him as he trots out the same claims we’ve all seen being thrown about in this thread.

Probably worth mentioning that the Potholer54 channel isn’t monetised.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; If we are back to climate change for a bit let me ask some questions again. The questions are not about the is climate change real debate or is climate change influenced by human activity debate.
The climate is changing for whatever reason. Lets start at that. There are proposal being suggested that we humans must start doing some things to "solve" the problem. These proposals suggest that we stop raising cattle for food because being ruminants they make a lot of methane in their digestive systems and pass a lot of gas. If we stop eating red meat this will help with the global warming some day.

( guess I could mention all the wild grazing animals who also eat grass and fart methane, but they are the part of nature that we are supposed to be helping to save so their methane does not count I guess.)
( Guess I could point out about termites and methane. Best I can recall termites have a huge total biomass and I seem to recall some estimates they make more methane that any other type of organism.)
( methane is a many times more potent greenhouse gas than CO2 for that matter, but we are concentrating on CO2)

Another way we humans can reduce emitting CO2 is to use less energy. I do not think the full impact of that is being revealed. There is a sort of bait and switch approach on currently. That being we stop using fossil fuels and switch to electricity and problems will be solved some day. Best I can figure is there are some basic flaws in this approach. We have gone over them already. I will just say in summary there will be a less electricity to go around and more demand for it, so it must mean we will have less access to electricity overall as individuals.
We will have to make do with less. Charge the car or run the heat or cook the food or use the computer sorts of choices.

There can be more questions along this line of reasoning but I will stop. I have outlined two issues and will ask two questions. Both along the same lines in a sense. In general questions about what you are willing to give up to "save the planet".

First is are you willing to give up red meat to save the planet from climate change?
Second is what electricity use are you prepared to do without to save the planet?

I do not eat much red meat already so giving it up will not be a big deal. Now when they expand the no meat proposals to chicken and pork I will be doing some real giving up.

I am not sure what I will be adding to my give up list as far as electricity goes. I do not like to be cold in the winter but already use about one third as much electricity to heat and cool my house as the previous owners did. My biggest monthly bill is around $110 in the winter where the previous owners went over $300 some summer and winter months. My summer bills are around $60 a month because I do not run the central air much.
If I have to drive an electric car some of that electricity will have to come from my home. I guess I will not go so far anymore due to range limits so might can save some electricity by giving up mobility. How many of us will be turning our ICE vehicles into stationary displays?

Well I have asked two questions. I will not get into the "when" our sacrifices will start to make a difference in this post. Best I can tell from reading my sacrifices now will make a difference in 50 to 100 years. Maybe in another post.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Funny, you pray for the almigh-T to forgive us, but in the same prayer you damn us to hell. Guffaw!

So I need to insult the holy ghost? Mmmm-kay. I don't believe in ghosts either and choose not to worship anything that would punish me for not doing so. I give no power to imaginary things in my life. I also refuse your confusing arrangement with god, Jesus, and the holy ghost. So, it's the ghost that is really in charge?

I am not afraid of the dark either.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I thought I saw a ghost once, it was a mop leaning against the wall upside down. I thought I caught an orb on my phone during a haunted house tour thingy in Savanah, GA but I could recreate the lens flare? sun flare? whatever the photographer term is easily.

While I do enjoy the religion back and forth and would love to add to it, I think it's a forum no no.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure if you’re an idiot or a troll.
I accept the possibility that “A” god COULD exist, but that doesn’t include YOUR god. How hard is this to comprehend?

The Christian god, along with every other god I’ve ever been presented with, is quite clearly a work of fiction. It’s an early attempt by humans to explain the world around them and to formalise certain ideas that existed.

How can I reject the notion of a god that I haven’t yet been presented with?

Theism is easily proven to have logical inconsistencies and errors because it makes claims that are falsifiable.

Deism at its most basic is impossible to prove wrong because the ONLY claim being made is that there is a god. It makes no foundational assertions with regard to the gods character or how it manifests in the real world.
If a person chooses to add claims to their deistic belief, they increase the falsifiability of the claim.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I saw a ghost once, it was a mop leaning against the wall upside down. I thought I caught an orb on my phone during a haunted house tour thingy in Savanah, GA but I could recreate the lens flare? sun flare? whatever the photographer term is easily.

While I do enjoy the religion back and forth and would love to add to it, I think it's a forum no no.
I tend to agree.
However, pointing out the hypocrisy of a person who’s unwilling to accept a scientific premise that is backed by virtually every piece of data we’ve ever collected across multiple scientific disciplines, whilst choosing to believe a fairytale that lacks any empirical evidence whatsoever, is just too good of an opportunity.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Thanks for posting the link. Ghosts are free game!! I don't believe in them till I actually see something I can't explain or have explained to me. I actually listened to some cool podcasts on the topic and one mentioned that everything we know and are told growing up primes us to believe we see what we don't. So our brains fill in gaps with assumptions based off experiences and that's how we see. When we've seen a bunch of scary movies and/or are told about spooky things, we then get scared of that old dark house and our brain makes us think we see and hear things. Another podcast theorized something about a mold spore in the old dark house being a hallucinogen. I guess this mold only lives in places we deem creepy like a super old dark house. At any rate, I enjoyed listening. I LOVE scary movies and creepy things and while I do laugh at most, I still get scared like most humans at some of it lol.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting the link. Ghosts are free game!! I don't believe in them till I actually see something I can't explain or have explained to me. I actually listened to some cool podcasts on the topic and one mentioned that everything we know and are told growing up primes us to believe we see what we don't. So our brains fill in gaps with assumptions based off experiences and that's how we see. When we've seen a bunch of scary movies and/or are told about spooky things, we then get scared of that old dark house and our brain makes us think we see and hear things. Another podcast theorized something about a mold spore in the old dark house being a hallucinogen. I guess this mold only lives in places we deem creepy like a super old dark house. At any rate, I enjoyed listening. I LOVE scary movies and creepy things and while I do laugh at most, I still get scared like most humans at some of it lol.
Ghosts defy the laws of physics. I can't get past that one...

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My grandmother (a Christian lady), was convinced that she saw the ghost of her deceased husband.
I don’t believe for a moment that she was lying.
I also don’t believe for a second that she actually saw a ghost either though.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
in the same prayer you damn us to hell. Guffaw!
Hmmm. I was pretty sure he was quoting/paraphrasing. Strange you would take it that way since you claim to be familiar with his source.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Ghosts defy the laws of physics. I can't get past that one...
Now, I'm very far from a science guy and know little about a lot of it. Aren't laws of physics still, admittedly slower, still evolving? I guess what I'm trying to say is, before it happened, nobody thought a machine would leave the ground and fly humans around. Yes it's insanely far fetched and way too much Sci-fy channel but what if walking through walls is something we just don't understand yet? Maybe "ghosts" are people that have figured it out? Hahaha sorry, my brain is a little extra right now. I was in the ER Friday and still recovering. Covid Negative. Only symptom is a fever coming and going. Mostly better now but Friday I went in with a 103 temp and resting heart rate of 140. And I was scared. They still don't know what the deal is/was, just said I'm fighting off some sort of infection.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My grandmother (a Christian lady), was convinced that she saw the ghost of her deceased husband.
I don’t believe for a moment that she was lying.
I also don’t believe for a second that she actually saw a ghost either though.
Zombie!!! kidding of course.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now, I'm very far from a science guy and know little about a lot of it. Aren't laws of physics still, admittedly slower, still evolving? I guess what I'm trying to say is, before it happened, nobody thought a machine would leave the ground and fly humans around. Yes it's insanely far fetched and way too much Sci-fy channel but what if walking through walls is something we just don't understand yet? Maybe "ghosts" are people that have figured it out? Hahaha sorry, my brain is a little extra right now. I was in the ER Friday and still recovering. Covid Negative. Only symptom is a fever coming and going. Mostly better now but Friday I went in with a 103 temp and resting heart rate of 140. And I was scared. They still don't know what the deal is/was, just said I'm fighting off some sort of infection.
Not really. I guess one could say the chances of anything happening is possible, but for some things the chances are infinitesimally small such that they rely on exotic "physics".

Was is Sagan that said if you put 100 monkeys in a room with 100 typewriters and an infinite supply of paper and time that they would eventually type out the novel War and Peace? Which frankly is more likely than ghosts being real.
Sponsored

Last edited: