Which exhaust would you get and pair it with what LT headers

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Need some advice on which set up would be best. I’m currently looking at the Corsa Extreme and the Borla Atak links below. Which company stands behind their product? Also what LT headers do you guys recommend for each system. Also if I change the exhaust headers and the complete exhaust system do I need to get tune or could I ride like that until my next phase which will include a tuner device and possibly a supercharger (thinking of keeping it NA). I know most of you will tell me to just get the tuner so I could enjoy the extra HP from the LT headers and full exhaust but I could wait. I’m all ears though.

Corsa Extreme 3”

Borla Atak 3”

Thank you,

David
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Corsa headers, Corsa x-pipe and Corsa extremes. Even if you buy the exhaust now, you don’t have to install it until you’re ready to buy your tuner. Then knock it all out in a day.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Corsa Xtremes sound great when stock but the tone gets way too trumpety with long tubes. I went that route, then added a pair of Vibrants to clean it up. Ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers and added AWE Touring rear section.. Since you are planning long tubes I would recommend Corsa Sport instead of Xtremes. ARH makes a direct connect for the Corsa mid pipe and is high quality and fitment ia spot on. AWE Touring could be an option to consider too.

Agreed on the thought to wait until buying tuner to install and knock it out together. If available in your area tune for e85 with your LTH and really get a power increase.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You can go without the tune for now but you will lose power gas mileage and the check engine light will be on. But technically yes you can do it

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
i ended up with kooks headers, hi flow cats corsa extreme with double h pipe and absolutely happy with it, doesnt get all trumpety or anything like if it were catless and if ya do go catless id go with the sport mufflers or awe touring

Sponsored

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I have active exhaust so that’s the reason I was getting a full exhaust. What other full system have an H pipe instead of the X pipe? I’m not trying to piece it with different brands. I could later on just pick up an H pipe from corsa. Them kooks LT headers are expensive. I see that the kooks LT headers catted are $1900 each, what!!!!!

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
theres a handful that offer h pipes too, and kooks or any of the good brands are going to cost a bit but worth it, the old saying ya get what ya pay for is very true with car parts lol

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
theres a handful that offer h pipes too, and kooks or any of the good brands are going to cost a bit but worth it, the old saying ya get what ya pay for is very true with car parts lol
I thought Corsa and Borla were pretty good brands?I’m not getting getting a $600 LT headers or a $600 full exhaust. So can you tell me where I could get an active exhaust full system that comes with an h pipe and also have LT headers. Thanks

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
yea both corsa and borla are good, not sure other than corsa for sure you can get the headers on back plus an h pipe in that system if thats what youre asking, but its all one brand with everything youre asking for and offer it with active exhaust

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
yea both corsa and borla are good, not sure other than corsa for sure you can get the headers on back plus an h pipe in that system if thats what youre asking, but its all one brand with everything youre asking for and offer it with active exhaust
Since you seem to know your stuff. If you were to get LT Headers would you get them catted or catless? What are the cons and pros

Thanks

Sponsored

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
this is huge debate anywhere youll read you can see ppl saying one way or the other, if you are goin forced induction catless are preffered so they dont melt and mess anything up, staying n/a catted dont hurt and also easier to pass inspection depending on your states laws i personally have hi flow cats on mine and im also n/a, i cant give you true numbers on how much it makes a difference one way or the other

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
this is huge debate anywhere youll read you can see ppl saying one way or the other, if you are goin forced induction catless are preffered so they dont melt and mess anything up, staying n/a catted dont hurt and also easier to pass inspection depending on your states laws i personally have hi flow cats on mine and im also n/a, i cant give you true numbers on how much it makes a difference one way or the other
So the kooks catted LT headers are truly $1900 each? Or what did you pay for yours

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
ARH offers a full system though not sure if they have an H option.

OP
OP
Soulja4187

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
ARH offers a full system though not sure if they have an H option.
I was looking at their full system which I liked because it came from the LT headers to the full exhaust but I didn’t see that they offered active exhaust. I got good neighbors and I would like to keep it like that way. Lol

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
I run Stainless Works long tube headers with cats bolted to Borla Turing with H pipe. It is loud when I get on it but just purrs when cruising at a steady speed 60-65 mph.
At higher speeds it gets louder and after a 6 hour road trip at 75-90 it is loud enough that you are ready to get out of the car.
I also have intake work and tune.
Sponsored