Sponsored

New Car Package Options, need some help...

OP
OP

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
PP1 does not make your car a "track car". It makes your car more capable of using the engine's power and performance. It makes the car more stable, better handling, better braking, but does not make it "track ready".

I myself can't fathom getting a GT without the PP. I can't imagine having all that power, without the control to use it now & again.

Magneride? It's so hyped, it won't live up to your expectations. At least it didn't for me.......for the first few hundred miles. Then you start to understand and notice it more......and it's Witchcraft.

Now, I can't fathom getting a GT without PP and Magneride.

You say "....there is nothing like the GT". You've owned a Mustang GT before? Is that what you're basing these ride-quality questions on?
Yes, I owned a 2007 GT with 6 speed manual. I didnā€™t have it long, but enjoyed every minute of driving it. I donā€™t doubt the PP makes the car handle much better in order to reach the cars potential, I just donā€™t know if Iā€™m into pushing that hard. I like the idea of the MR as it gives options and if I go PP, it will be with MR.

My daily is an F150 and I look forward to a bit more nimble car.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yes, I owned a 2007 GT with 6 speed manual. I didnā€™t have it long, but enjoyed every minute of driving it. I donā€™t doubt the PP makes the car handle much better in order to reach the cars potential, I just donā€™t know if Iā€™m into pushing that hard. I like the idea of the MR as it gives options and if I go PP, it will be with MR.

My daily is an F150 and I look forward to a bit more nimble car.
Your question of "Any suggestion on aftermarket options that would improve ride comfort, handling.." is a bit of a head-scratcher. Especially after you write you're going to be "taking trips, mountain and coastal driving", which sounds like spirited driving to me.

So, have you test-driven a PP1/Magneride car?

OP
OP

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
I havenā€™t, just the stock GT. I hope to drive one this week. Yes, spirited driving is part of the equation but so is general cruising. As far as the aftermarket question I was wondering if there were mods that could be made that would give similar performance to the MR (smooth out ride, better handling) but not necessarily have to go the $8500 upgrade (PP/MR) that people have been happy with.

Iā€™m not a car guy in that Iā€™m not that familiar with all that is available to increase handling and ride comfort (not sure if itā€™s even possible outside of the MR).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I havenā€™t, just the stock GT. I hope to drive one this week. Yes, spirited driving is part of the equation but so is general cruising. As far as the aftermarket question I was wondering if there were mods that could be made that would give similar performance to the MR (smooth out ride, better handling) but not necessarily have to go the $8500 upgrade (PP/MR) that people have been happy with.

Iā€™m not a car guy in that Iā€™m not that familiar with all that is available to increase handling and ride comfort (not sure if itā€™s even possible outside of the MR).
Until you know how these different cars drive we really cannot help you. You drove a GT, great. Now find a PP car without MR and then one with. Now that you have a baseline decide what you like and what you donā€™t like. Write everything down. Take it slow, this is a big decision. Once you have a much better idea come on back and weā€™ll talk. šŸ‘šŸ˜€

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
This is very easy for me to say, because it's not my money. But if you want the magic-carpet quality of both good tight/firm handling when you want, and smooth and comfy ride when you want, just spend the $$ and get the PP/Magneride.

Yes, it's serious money. But then you'll be done, it will be fully warrantied. And no matter what you do, you won't get the adjustability from the after-market.

And get Active Exhaust too. It's the best of all worlds. Quiet when you want, obnoxious when you want.

Your car will then be truly bi-polar. Be whatever you want, when you want it.

And I say this, because a simple test-drive doesn't really show the benefits of either Magneride or Active Exhaust. Those options take awhile to appreciate, test drives are just too short and limited.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
This is very easy for me to say, because it's not my money. But if you want the magic-carpet quality of both good tight/firm handling when you want, and smooth and comfy ride when you want, just spend the $$ and get the PP/Magneride.

Yes, it's serious money. But then you'll be done, it will be fully warrantied. And no matter what you do, you won't get the adjustability from the after-market.

And get Active Exhaust too. It's the best of all worlds. Quiet when you want, obnoxious when you want.

Your car will then be truly bi-polar. Be whatever you want, when you want it.

And I say this, because a simple test-drive doesn't really show the benefits of either Magneride or Active Exhaust. Those options take awhile to appreciate, test drives are just too short and limited.
This is exactly the feedback Iā€™m looking for. Test drives are relatively short and I was hoping to hear about long term use from those that own. I like the idea of a bi-polar car but realize that it limits options. I will try to drive others but more likely than not will have to order from the factory to get exactly what I want.
The ability to quiet the sound on long freeway cruising and the ability to soften the ride a bit when wanted is a bonus. The performance handling is more what I might need, but I doubt I wouldnā€™t appreciate it.

Iā€™ve

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
So please give me your thoughts. The PP price has steadily increased and Iā€™m not sure the $6200 is worth the upgrade since Iā€™m not tracking it but Iā€™m open.
I have the PP1 w/ the A10 and MR, I wouldn't change a thing. You mention how the price of the PP1 has increased, but the car has not. An equally equipped 2021 PP1 only costs $340 more than a 2020.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Buy once, cry once.
If you don't get it now, it will be more expensive to trade for it later when you realize you didn't get what you wanted and you're not satisfied with it.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Appreciate the advice. I wonā€™t be doing any mods that I am aware of but I know how that goes. I appreciate the active exhaust vote as I was thinking in a long road to the rumble might annoy the wife.
Not "might", "will".

My wife is a big fan of quiet mode when we go on a longer ride. And she likes and notices the different MagneRide settings depending on where we are. If it's twisty, she wants Sport, as she doesn't like body lean at all. If we're on the highway, she much prefers comfort.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
......I like the idea of a bi-polar car but realize that it limits options.
I'm confused here; do you mean it limits your choices sitting on dealer lots?

The ability to quiet the sound on long freeway cruising and the ability to soften the ride a bit when wanted is a bonus. The performance handling is more what I might need, but I doubt I wouldnā€™t appreciate it.
It's awesome. I have PP1, MR and AE, and it's an astonishing set-up. Quiet and smooth when you want, loud and violent when you want, with a few points in-between.

Sponsored

musclecar6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT premium Black/ Show Stopper Red.
Thanks for all the good info on the PP1 and the mag ride. Iā€™m also getting ready to order a new 2021 gt premium with the performance package/mag ride and all the other nice options. Iā€™m a recent refugee from the Corvette world after having many of those and now I need a car thatā€™s easier to get in and out of and a more comfortable seat. The mustang is going to be just the right ride for me and looking forward to a lot of good fun ahead.

musclecar6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT premium Black/ Show Stopper Red.
Incidentally Iā€™m planning to order my car from Zach tomorrow at Granger Ford in the Des Moine area after I got a heads up on him being a great place to go to purchase a new Mustang from.

OP
OP

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
I'm confused here; do you mean it limits your choices sitting on dealer lots?

It's awesome. I have PP1, MR and AE, and it's an astonishing set-up. Quiet and smooth when you want, loud and violent when you want, with a few points in-between.
The limited remark was in regards to aftermarket products that would give a ride experience similar to the MR. from from I am learning MR is about the only way to have the option of soft or sport ride

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Incidentally Iā€™m planning to order my car from Zach tomorrow at Granger Ford in the Des Moine area after I got a heads up on him being a great place to go to purchase a new Mustang from.
You should look at Koons Ford and Ted Britt Ford here in NoVa.

We're not very far away, and the prices are amazing. They 'uge volume dealerships with big price discounts. Do a drive/fly & buy.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Zach seems to be the anthesis of what a car dealer usually is. I'll bet he gets a big, fat bonus from Ford for all the cars he's selling on this forum.
Sponsored