Nazzty5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Hello everyone.
I found a great deal on used Catless Corsa long tubes and a Corsa active catback so I bought it. I’m currently running the non active Corsa extreme catback and I love it. I’m wondering how loud the full catless Active Corsa system will be in “quite” mode compared to what I’m currently running. Im mainly worried about cold starts but I’m hoping In quiet mode it won’t be any louder then my Extremes with stock headers. i live in a townhome complex and the cold starts with the extremes are already very loud. Just curious how the two setups would compare!

Thanks everyone!
2020 GT
Ig: NAZZTY5.0

ECF21084-621B-46AE-91EA-D07544D2DD6F.jpeg
Sponsored

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
It’ll be pretty loud I haven’t heard one in person but a lot of people talk about it. It’ll be your cold starts now just louder

OP
OP
Nazzty5.0

Nazzty5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
It’ll be pretty loud I haven’t heard one in person but a lot of people talk about it. It’ll be your cold starts now just louder
Well right now I’m stock headers with a NON active extreme. I’m getting the ACTIVE extreme with catless headers. Some are saying it’ll be quieter then my setup right now if I have it in quite mode.

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am in for answers as well. I have a corsa active exhaust. I have heard the combination it is quite loud, I think you would want to go with catted long tube headers and even then I am not sure how loud it will be in quiet mode.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Hello everyone.
I found a great deal on used Catless Corsa long tubes and a Corsa active catback so I bought it. I’m currently running the non active Corsa extreme catback and I love it. I’m wondering how loud the full catless Active Corsa system will be in “quite” mode compared to what I’m currently running. Im mainly worried about cold starts but I’m hoping In quiet mode it won’t be any louder then my Extremes with stock headers. i live in a townhome complex and the cold starts with the extremes are already very loud. Just curious how the two setups would compare!

Thanks everyone!
2020 GT
Ig: NAZZTY5.0

ECF21084-621B-46AE-91EA-D07544D2DD6F.jpeg
For the most parts cold starts don’t exist. The car is very loud with Corsa active exhaust. Trust me I know I have had it for 2 years. The whole quiet start thing is better than normal but it’s ridiculously loud. Lastly if you add headers like me you might as well not have a quiet Start mode. But the positive thing is in quiet mode for regular driving once the car is started it legitimately works. Pretty much sounds like a civic. Lol. Great feature still

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Long tubes plus active in quiet still louder than stock headers. Cold starts on stock headers are not that loud at all in comparison.

The tone changes alot with Xtremes plus long tubes, gets much more trumpety and raspy.

I lived in a condo complex back when I first did it. Ended up adding a pair of Vibrants to tone down and kill the trumpet tone. Ultimately I cut off the Corsa Mufflers but kept the double x and added AWE Touring. Actually louder than Xtremes but without the trumpety tone. But now that I live in a house I just cold start in garage with door shut and backed in. Definitely helps.

Trying to find someone to tune that setup may be more difficult now as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nazzty5.0

Nazzty5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Long tubes plus active in quiet still louder than stock headers. Cold starts on stock headers are not that loud at all in comparison.

The tone changes alot with Xtremes plus long tubes, gets much more trumpety and raspy.

I lived in a condo complex back when I first did it. Ended up adding a pair of Vibrants to tone down and kill the trumpet tone. Ultimately I cut off the Corsa Mufflers but kept the double x and added AWE Touring. Actually louder than Xtremes but without the trumpety tone. But now that I live in a house I just cold start in garage with door shut and backed in. Definitely helps.

Trying to find someone to tune that setup may be more difficult now as well.
You’ve heard cold starts with a Corsa extreme with stock headers? It’s definitely not quite. I’m being told like 5 different things here 🤣 I know the sound changes a lot with headers. Got a killer deal on the system so that’s why I bought it 👍🏻

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You’ve heard cold starts with a Corsa extreme with stock headers? It’s definitely not quite. I’m being told like 5 different things here 🤣 I know the sound changes a lot with headers. Got a killer deal on the system so that’s why I bought it 👍🏻
Ya my Xtremes on stock weren't that bad. I mean they were meh loud, maybe a 6 out of 10. When adding long tubes it was wake the dead difference, like 12 out of 10. A local guy with the active and I compared and his was only slightly quieter than mine when set to quiet.

OP
OP
Nazzty5.0

Nazzty5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Ya my Xtremes on stock weren't that bad. I mean they were meh loud, maybe a 6 out of 10. When adding long tubes it was wake the dead difference, like 12 out of 10. A local guy with the active and I compared and his was only slightly quieter than mine when set to quiet.
Christ 🤣 fair enough well thanks for the input. Idk why some people are saying it’s much quieter if you have the valves closed. I got the entire system with headers and active catback for $800 so I have to pick it up lol. Wonder if the sport catback with long tubes would be better or no different the quiet.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Christ 🤣 fair enough well thanks for the input. Idk why some people are saying it’s much quieter if you have the valves closed. I got the entire system with headers and active catback for $800 so I have to pick it up lol. Wonder if the sport catback with long tubes would be better or no different the quiet.
“Much quieter” and “quiet” are two different things. I promise it’s super loud on quiet start with headers and exhaust. The main thing is quiet mode itself still functions great. Quiet start not really quiet any more. Trust me I have a Corsa to American Racing Headers set up with high flow cats.

Last edited:

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Well right now I’m stock headers with a NON active extreme. I’m getting the ACTIVE extreme with catless headers. Some are saying it’ll be quieter then my setup right now if I have it in quite mode.
I’m getting headers put on and I don’t have active exhaust. Your car if u like it then your set. Have you looked into catted through because I know some tuners won’t tune for catless and some shops at least where I am won’t put headers on without having cats
Sponsored