Forscan change for aftermarket amp?

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
So I'm swapping my sub amp with an aftermarket one and I know there's is a forscan code that needs to be changed but I'm not sure which one....any guidance?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The inputs are low level. I have seen the connection diagrams for both inputs and outputs on the forum but I don't recall where exactly.

Sponsored

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT A10 Base
Does that diagram apply to a 2020 GT Convertible B&O system?
My shop manual is for 2018 only, although there are some years that will match, not all will.

It just so happen OP and I had the same year...

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Here you go,

Premium_SW_Wiring.png
So I am trying to go back to this after experiencing roll off when tapped into the rear shelf speakers.

Here is my problem:

I stripped the VT-GN and the GN-WH wires that fed into the stock amp, and tried using those as level connectors in 2 different ways, both with no success.
The 1st thing I tried was running it directly into my amp high level input. It comes with a harness for 2 speakers (+&- for left and right, 4 total wires) and a ground. I tried connecting to each side, but left and than right, and got nothing. I then tried splicing both +'s and -'s and together and connecting the stock amp level to that and nothing.

The 2nd thing I tried was running the stock amp level to my PAC LOC and then into the low level rca input on my amp. This worked, but it was very, very low....the bas was hardly there at all.

I ordered a male rca head with 2 speaker inputs built into it, and will try to run the stock amp input into it, than plug that into an rca splitter, than into the rca input on my aftermarket amp....if that doesn't work, than I am just outta freaking options I think....or I've at least reached the end of my ability!

Sponsored

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT A10 Base
99% sure the wires you grabbed are low level, not high level like you tried using them so they can't be used to feed an amps high level input or LOC's high level input. You need to use those wires to wire in an RCA jack to plug into the aftermarket amp. That should fix your problem. Positive is the centerpin on the RCA.

See the connector below, the wires are 22 gauge, I don't have a premium so I can't measure the signal for you but the signal is going to be low level.

Sub_Connector_C4109A.png

Do you have the as built for your ACM module? If you didn't down load it, you can get it from the details in this post https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/forscan-stock-numbers-needed.149677/post-3058011

I would be curious to see how your stock amp input signal is set-up but near as I can tell from the Forscan spreadsheet you should be able to get 4V from the low level signal going to the amp, this is good and better then 2V or less sometimes seen out of a factory system. Some people need to use a line driver to get a stronger signal but you shouldn't need to with 4V.

On a base system 727-01-01-xxx* the 4th digit or the * with a value of 0 Aux1 & Aux2 not used but a value of 8,9,A, or B all have Aux1 as External sub with different versions for Aux2

8=Aux1 External Sub & Aux2 not used
9=Aux1 External Sub & Aux2 Internal Amp
A=Aux1 External Sub & Aux2 External Sub
B=Aux1 External Sub & Aux2 External Speaker

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
99% sure the wires you grabbed are low level, not high level like you tried using them so they can't be used to feed an amps high level input or LOC's high level input. You need to use those wires to wire in an RCA jack to plug into the aftermarket amp. That should fix your problem. Positive is the centerpin on the RCA.

See the connector below, the wires are 22 gauge, I don't have a premium so I can't measure the signal for you but the signal is going to be low level.

Sub_Connector_C4109A.png

Do you have the as built for your ACM module? If you didn't down load it, you can get it from the details in this post https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/forscan-stock-numbers-needed.149677/post-3058011

I would be curious to see how your stock amp input signal is set-up but near as I can tell from the Forscan spreadsheet you should be able to get 4V from the low level signal going to the amp, this is good and better then 2V or less sometimes seen out of a factory system. Some people need to use a line driver to get a stronger signal but you shouldn't need to with 4V.

On a base system 727-01-01-xxx* the 4th digit or the * with a value of 0 Aux1 & Aux2 not used but a value of 8,9,A, or B all have Aux1 as External sub with different versions for Aux2

8=Aux1 External Sub & Aux2 not used
9=Aux1 External Sub & Aux2 Internal Amp
A=Aux1 External Sub & Aux2 External Sub
B=Aux1 External Sub & Aux2 External Speaker
They are low level, I got around 6v from each with my meter...I ordered a set of rca adapters, will tie in each wire into the it than run it into a splitter than into the amp, should that do the trick?

This is what I got

Screenshot_20210107-123341_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I also have an "0" inputted in forscan