Vinyl Stripes ?

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
hi guys. i just read that the stripes on the new mach 1 will be vinyl stick on stripes as opposed to paint. i have no experience with these type of appliques. are they any good? how long do they last? any issues with cleaning, etc? thanks
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
My Ford factory stripes are holding up just fine. No issues with cleaning/waxing/etc. I received one stone nick, and I filled it with touch-up paint... worked fairly well.
The stripes are replaceable for much less cost than getting all of the stripes repainted.
I have a friend who has a 3 year old Shelby who has neglected the exterior, but the stripes are doing just fine:

2 Blue Shelbys.jpg

I would NOT worry about the vinyl stripes....!!!!

OP
OP

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
My Ford factory stripes are holding up just fine. No issues with cleaning/waxing/etc. I received one stone nick, and I filled it with touch-up paint... worked fairly well.
The stripes are replaceable for much less cost than getting all of the stripes repainted.
I have a friend who has a 3 year old Shelby who has neglected the exterior, but the stripes are doing just fine:

2 Blue Shelbys.jpg

I would NOT worry about the vinyl stripes....!!!!
thanks Dave

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The vinyl quality itself is fine. But there is one big I think i can't stand with (most) Mustang stripes from the factory: They are not going to the edges but leave 1/2 inch of visible bodycolor. Especially with the Mach 1 bound to bright colors (besides Black) it just looks cheap or unfished to me.

vinylgaps.jpg

vinylgaps2.jpg

phsc84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)
That is one reason why I asked my dealer to remove the stripes before the car is handed over to me. Unfortunately you cannot have a "delete stripes" option from the factory....
Sponsored