Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Ford still neglecting to match the finish of upper & lower front bumper grilles then.

And still not a single wheel design anyone other than the "designer" could like.

Still better to have a GT & correct the bits Ford design has got wrong, imo.
:thumbsup:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
At the probable Ā£60k Otr price and the watering down for export features, I doubt they will sell enough over here to make export worthwhile. I hope they do, and I hope they sell thousands here because I want to get my hands on the gearbox out of a crashed one!
But letā€™s face it. You can walk out of any Merc or bmw dealership with a stock c63 or
M4 for similar monthly payments, and get good build quality plus customer service. Who would spend Ā£60k on a non Shelby ford in the U.K.?

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
anyone read anything about these being available in rhd?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
You can walk out of any Merc or bmw dealership with a stock c63 or
M4 for similar monthly payments, and get good build quality plus customer service. Who would spend Ā£60k on a non Shelby ford in the U.K.?
That has to be a joke! Mercedes and BMW are regularly bottom of reliability league tables. The Mach 1 will sell like hot cakes, especially if the performance pack one comes over (the white one). The Bullitt sold well and that doesn't look half as good or go as well as the Mach is expected to.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And still not a single wheel design anyone other than the "designer" could like.

Still better to have a GT & correct the bits Ford design has got wrong, imo.
:thumbsup:
The wheel design on the performance pack (white one) looks great

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overall the white car looks fantastic. They have sorted out the front end and the wheels on the performance/handling package look spot on. Tremec 6 speed gearbox with 480 bhp. Bring this over Ford UK!

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
According to the press it wont be available in the UK

If it was coming to the UK I think Ā£60k for one (if standard it comes with pretty much all you need) if you are a die hard Mustang fan is fair enough. For me it would need to offer substantial on the road and interior improvements over the GT at that price not just be faster around a track and have a few new exterior parts.

So i think for me the GT whilst i appreciate wont be as good in many areas its where I see the Mustangs price point, start stretching it and it becomes less attractive to me.

I have a very similar opinion on the M2/M2comp Ā£45k-Ā£49k(after discounts) for a DCT with decent options and the M2 CS which start at Ā£75k(no discounts last time i looked), yes the M2 CS has a lot of changes and is more track focussed and arguable more exclusive too but its still a 2 series with a very unexciting engine note due to the S55. Money no object hell yes, but unfortunately my money tree died a long time ago.

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are charging Ā£50 odd k for a Bullitt so this looks to be definitely worth Ā£60k. If this isn't coming to the UK then Ford UK need a stern talking to.
As for interior improvements the less the better, spend the money on the engine. Im not an Audi buyer

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
They are charging Ā£50 odd k for a Bullitt so this looks to be definitely worth Ā£60k. If this isn't coming to the UK then Ford UK need a stern talking to.
As for interior improvements the less the better, spend the money on the engine. Im not an Audi buyer
Me neither never purchased an Audi in my life, I have had a fair few BMW's which over the years have also been accused of being having a 'lesser' interior than the competition which to an extent i agree with but have always been happy with BMW's more basic approach.

I have nothing per say against the interior/build of the Mustang and appreciate that I cant expect a V8 for the price it is with an interior of a Ferrari but have noticed a few things on my Mustang and thought why the feck have they done that, no need.

It doesn't detract from the car itself for me as the character and engine make up for it but I wouldn't turn my nose up at nicer leather for the gear stick and handbrake gators, a carpet that actually fitted the boot and plastic interior door sills and seat sides and generally any plastic in the cabin that didn't scratch at even the slightest brush of a shoe and a higher definition Sync system to name a few things that wouldn't cost the earth, i would even consider paying for a factory upgrade option if it was available as a reasonable price. Yes i can sort a few myself but that's not really the point. Many of the plastics used in my partners 66 plate Focus are less scratchy.

Anyway i digress, my GT is great, really enjoying it 7 months in as much as my M2 and that's even when i have had 2 faults on the GT comparing to none in 8 years of BMW's and I too would love to see the Mach 1 in the UK

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I really like this. Given iā€™d never fork out many 10ā€™s of Ā£k for a lefty, and assuming this would land in RHD, iā€™ll be seriously tempted. Iā€™d like to think, based on the bullitt pricing, weā€™d be looking at ~Ā£55k. As a special edition I much prefer this over the bullitt, i think theyā€™ve done a great job with the look of the front end and havenā€™t really changed much else - looks wise. As Many have said, Ford could have made the effort to incorporate a shaker hood, that would be really cool.

Question is...black or red?!

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As a special edition I much prefer this over the bullitt.
Totally agree. Im not really a fan of the Bullitt if I am honest, but then the AA man who came out yesterday to look at my GT said whilst he respected it as what it is he would never buy one for the money they are but we still had a good chat about the GT and other cars. Exactly where I stand with many motors out there, some never seem to grasp that as an opinion though and take great offence.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't have this in black, has to be red or blue!
Yeah the Bullit never really floated my boat, this however does!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I really like this. Given iā€™d never fork out many 10ā€™s of Ā£k for a lefty, and assuming this would land in RHD, iā€™ll be seriously tempted. Iā€™d like to think, based on the bullitt pricing, weā€™d be looking at ~Ā£55k. As a special edition I much prefer this over the bullitt, i think theyā€™ve done a great job with the look of the front end and havenā€™t really changed much else - looks wise. As Many have said, Ford could have made the effort to incorporate a shaker hood, that would be really cool.

Question is...black or red?!
A shaker hood would mean it'd never pass the (silly) EU Pedestrian Impact laws, so wouldn't be able to be sold here, but it would have been cool. Personally, I'd rather they'd have gone with the NACA ducts from the '71-'73 Mach 1. However, if keeping the same hood means it keeps costs down, then that's a good thing. I think.....or at least hope, Ā£55k is the max it'd be here.

As for colour.....for me it'd have to be Twister Orange. It's already got matching calipers and a stripe in the seat back :like:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah agreed, the fact the shaker hood is omitted means it's more likely to be global with pedestrian safety laws
Sponsored