2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Now, I am a man of my word. When I make a decision, I stand by it whether I like it or not. I would never go back to the dealer and say "I've changed my mind, please cancel the order". And it's not just the loss of the advance payment; even if I could get my money back I still wouldn't do it. I've known that dealer for four years, I've bought two cars from him, this will be the third. I would die of shame if I had to do that. I promised I will buy that car, so I will.
However, if somehow I am offered the chance of getting out of this honourably, I will probably take it. I will act upset, but deep inside I'll be glad.
We all have to do something stupid and impulsive once in our life... some of us a lot more than once! You won't regret it once you have driven it a few times. They really have few problems. Yeah, depreciation is a bitch... it is here too. But, in 50 years it will be worth a lot more!

ZZCHOPPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Well, yeah, OK, but I didn't get that message from them. I mean, if Ford had said "because it's a war-like situation, and we want to help as best we can, we're going to shut down the production of cars and to start building respirators", it would have made sense.
But they did not. They said "we're closing down the factories because we want to keep our workers safe". In that case, how are they safer building respirators than they would be building cars?
REALLY? IT HAS TO BE EXPLAINED TO YOU? I'M AT A LOSE FOR WORDS. HOPING THAT IN TIME YOU FIND THE VALUE IN WHAT IS BEING DONE.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
REALLY? IT HAS TO BE EXPLAINED TO YOU? I'M AT A LOSE FOR WORDS. HOPING THAT IN TIME YOU FIND THE VALUE IN WHAT IS BEING DONE.
Dave, you’re commenting on a post from last Wednesday. Have you read the entire thread. This has been discussed throughly and closed.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Anyone here want their life dependent on a respirator built by Ford

Sponsored

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Absolutely yes! In light of what is happening around us, there are not many other options.

Every time we get into a Ford motor vehicle, we put our lives into their hands, in a manner of speaking.

Sevensixteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, MT-82, 2024 Bronco, Big Bend, SAS
Whilst I'm sure many of us want the guys n gals to be building Mustangs again as soon as possible........in the meantime, the wonderful workforce at Flat Rock will be building respirators instead! During this awful time, it's great to see Ford and its great workers helping to fight Covid-19!

https://eu.freep.com/story/money/ca...uaw-mustang-respirators-flat-rock/5100587002/

"UAW workers who have been building the Ford Mustang and Lincoln Continental at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant learned late Tuesday that the plant is setting up to build respirators and workers are needed.

A Facebook page hosted by UAW Local 6000 said, "FRAP has been chosen to be a site that will be building respirators to help with the Covid-19 pandemic. FRAP members will be receiving a robo call around 5pm this evening asking for volunteers to work while the plant is down and have 24 hrs to respond. This will be a 3-crew operation..."

Kelli Felker, Ford spokeswoman for manufacturing, said in a prepared statement, "Ford is humbled to work with 3M, GE Healthcare and the UAW to manufacture medical equipment to help those on the front lines fighting COVID-19. We’ll have more to share about this in the future."

FRAP.jpg
For once in my life I got lucky ! I ordered my GT in late January & I was told 8 to10 weeks for delivery witch would have Fell in the time line of when this Covid-19 took off . My car was built February 4th & delivered on the 12th .

Last edited:

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
From what I have heard , the Ford made face shields are real nice. Good to see so much focus on designing and building new face shields. Everyone working in dangerous occupations can benefit.

Sponsored

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
Wasn't the plant supposed to be closed in order to keep its workforce safe? If the plant can be opened, i.e. people are allowed to come to work and it's safe for them to be there, then what's the point in keeping the plant closed any longer? Why not start building cars again? It's not safe to build cars, but it's safe to build someting else? How come?
The assembly line for the medical equipment doesn't require works standing 'shoulder to shoulder' to make assembly possible. The work stations can be placed further apart. This will ensure to maintain the Social Distancing policy.

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
So here’s a question about any such ventilator...

Once it’s used on a COVID19 patient for a week or longer, does that now render the ventilator “contaminated”? Or are certain parts of these units discarded before moving it onto another patient?[/QUOTE

Most medical equipment can be sanitized/cleaned and reused. Sometimes, there maybe filters that are tossed but the hard surfaces can be cleaned.

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’d rather see ford build them . It sure as hell beats it being built in the sars capital of the world , China !
Tesla will be building ventilators in their New York factory. We’re did you get China from?
Sponsored