Sponsored

Now I know what the zero in pzero stands for!

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow edition Grabber Blue
Zero grip under (P)recipitation conditions!! :facepalm:

I have read a number of comments about how poor they are on the Stang but since I dont drive it like a spanner, not had any issues even under torrential motorway downpours.

Today however casually driving up hill (post rain shower) and whoosh back end took a sneaky slip left, thankfully sorted itself quickly, maybe some diesel on the road, but still not what I expected under the circumstances.

Yes I will fit Michellins once these wear out but for now I will have to keep an eye on it during autumn.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Never had any major problems with mine however didn't feel the need to fit them on the new wheels.

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Had P Zero Corsa's on my Evora. Great in the dry, liability in the wet.
Just like Bridgestone Potenzas I had on my 350z. They would just let go in the wet, no warning. I changed to Falkens and it transformed the car, felt sure footed and much safer in the wet.

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Had P Zero Corsa's on my Evora. Great in the dry, liability in the wet.
I am guessing they must have been offered to Ford at a good price against other brands, but then again if 80% of the market is likely to be in a dry country they are probably ok? We just have our fair share of rain and poorly maintained roads.

Sponsored

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
From what I have been lead to believe the P Zero's on mustangs are a USA spec tyre and as such a far different compound to any Pirelli P Zero's sold in Europe or the UK.

I have heard some Stang owners fitting UK spec P Zeros and not having any problems whatsoever, even in cold wet situations as the compound on UK spec tyres has been developed to suit such circumstances.

Like said only what I've herd from others, so by no means gospel.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
The PZero's are complete garbage, especially if you do any WOT shifts from 1st to 2nd and even 2nd to 3rd. My car would spin anywhere in 1st gear or even halfway in 2nd gear at WOT. I just took my PZero's off the back and threw them in the trash with over half tread left as they were to dangerous for how I drive the car. Put new Atlas Force UHP tires on the back and I can't spin them at all unless it's from a dead stop. Goes to show the difference in traction.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I can't remember a tyre being as bad as the P Zeros absolute dog tripe

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
From what I have been lead to believe the P Zero's on mustangs are a USA spec tyre and as such a far different compound to any Pirelli P Zero's sold in Europe or the UK.

I have heard some Stang owners fitting UK spec P Zeros and not having any problems whatsoever, even in cold wet situations as the compound on UK spec tyres has been developed to suit such circumstances.

Yea totally agree had tow high performance Audi`s with P Zeros on never slipped unless pushed hard and where totally predictable Its the US compound that's makes them poor on the Stang

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)

You are probably correct? They are probably made from chocolate for better operation on long straight roads! We have more twisty bits here.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Yea totally agree had tow high performance Audi`s with P Zeros on never slipped unless pushed hard and where totally predictable Its the US compound that's makes them poor on the Stang
More cost savings by Ford then like the cup holders on the wrong side! :curse:

I did have a brand new MR2 roadster back in the day. Think they were Toyo Proxis on that thing. Loved it to bits except it picked up screws and nails like a magnet!
Superb handling BUT it would just let go without warning if pushed too hard and driving in rain or wet road the car was so light it was like ice skating on sheet ice.

The Stang on the other hand weighing in 5000 tonnes does have that to help it keep its bum on the floor but as I mentioned those Pzeros just go without warning.

Michellin sports for me when the time comes.

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
good choice transforms the car in wet and cold lol

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i wish we were allowed street radials over here :( after certain power levels even mpss struggle to put it down. Think next set of rubber will be R888R's and car will only come out when its dry now :(

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
i wish we were allowed street radials over here :( after certain power levels even mpss struggle to put it down. Think next set of rubber will be R888R's and car will only come out when its dry now :(
Unfortunately for me its not usually the lack of grip on my car as much just idiot people in their cars not knowing what to do in wet weather.
Mister bmw driving like a spanner 95mph in torrential rain on motorway with just side lights on thinking they are invincible!

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
I can't remember a tyre being as bad as the P Zeros absolute dog tripe
I did have remoulds on an old classic of mine years ago, cut my fingers on the wire that stuck out the side walls!!! Changed to Gislaved not long after i bought it.
Sponsored