A tale of damages | malpractice at Wade Ford, GA

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
I took delivery of a new 19 Mustang GT base PP2 from Akins Ford (www.akinsford.com) in June 2019 --new member, first ever owner

They installed upgrades, shared on this thread.

I noticed the innermost passenger front seat's rail out of place while vacuuming the interior. Took it to Wade Ford (www.wadeford.com) in Smyrna, GA, as they are closer. 2-3 days afterwards I get a voicemail message along the lines:
"good news, part is in...bad news, someone hit your bumper but we will fix it".
I couldn't go see the car until 1-2 days later; eventually received just 1 pic, of the damage only --I hadn't approved repair, asked them to stop work related when I was on my way, found this on arrival:

Car doesn't have 1K miles.

We agreed on, at minimum, a quote for OEM replacement of damaged parts; was given a ~$4K total several days later --no detail of parts / labor, just the figure. Trying to make something good out of something bad (car is Shadow Black and would likely need blending at least on the doors, in addition to the paint work not being done by factory) as I need to disclose this on a potential future sale (someone knowledgeable would also notice even in absence of a CarFax entry), I also asked for a quote with OEM GT350 replacement parts --approx estimate comes to ~$13K, FYI, and said I would cover the difference.

Akins Ford's wrecker picked up the car this week after ~3 weeks at Wade Ford (Akins needed it in their possession for assessment).

Wade Ford's quote finally arrived, after multiple e-mail / phone requests. They had omitted replacement of damaged parts and associated labor as agreed... Akins Ford produced both quotes in 2 hrs (OEM GT PP2) and 1.5 business days (OEM GT350) after 1 e-mail and 1 phone call.

Been without the car close to 1 month now...
Sponsored

Last edited:

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Nope don’t keep that car. You didn’t damage it they did therefore they should give you a brand new replacement.

Also check for swirl marks cuz it looks like someone’s been running their hands across the paint and the cars really dusty.

Any word on what they hit?

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
thanks for the support / advice guys. They did not want to say, all I got is that an employee backed up into it...

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Nope don’t keep that car. You didn’t damage it they did therefore they should give you a brand new replacement.

Also check for swirl marks cuz it looks like someone’s been running their hands across the paint and the cars really dusty.

Any word on what they hit?
You should get diminished value,which is the affect the damage will have on resale.id contact an attorney to see what your options are.they were reckless with your new car and you'd have a case for a new car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
thanks for the support / advice guys. They did not want to say, all I got is that an employee backed up into it...
Looked pretty high up probably an f250 or f350. Might want to go “check the car out” and look around for another car that’s damaged, there’s probably someone in the same boat as you right now.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This stuff will probably show up on the car's history.
Even if not on Carfax, etc.. dealers or any savvy buyer will know because the paint there will be MUCH thicker than the factory robots lay down.

But this is the dealer's responsibility which means you can collect diminished value which (if you are keeping a car) is worth more the longer you keep the car because its based on how much less the car is worth TODAY because of that damage.

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
I am new to GA (and to this type of tales)... please feel free to recommend avenues / good lawyer of your knowledge

Last edited:

Sponsored

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Yeah, I'd be pissed, but what can you legally do is the question. Before you go forward, at least consult with an attorney to see what they would recommend and if its worth the cost of the legal battle.

The issue now stands that the damaging dealer is no longer able to do the repairs, which means you will have to sue or settle monetarily, which I don't see them doing since they can repair it much cheaper themselves. I'm actually surprised Akins was willing to get involved.

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
Akins is removed from what Wade Ford is responsible for --they just picked up a customer's car for evaluation / repair estimate. They discovered damage unaccounted for, parts missing --i.e. the PP2 lip; maybe torn, like the front bumper.

Wade Ford had the car for ~3 weeks. I received little to no responses, updates, et al. I had to ask multiple times for detail of parts on their "just about $4K" estimate. Yes, they can repair it --theoretically. Having them repair the car, if that were the route and they trustworthy to me, against Akins or any other dealer than themselves' estimate, is just one wrecker trip away.

I am not surprised Akins responded so quickly and professionally --they have been fantastic since day 1.

Last edited:

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Akins is removed from what Wade Ford is responsible for --they just picked up a customer's car for evaluation and repair estimate. They discovered damage previously undeclared. Also, parts are missing --i.e. the PP2 lip; it was probably torn, like the front bumper.

Wade Ford had the car for ~3 weeks. I received little to no responses, updates, et al. I had to ask multiple times for any detail of parts on their "just about $4K" replacement estimate. Yes, they can repair it --theoretically. Having them repair the car, if that were the route and they showed competency, against Akins or any other dealer than themselves' estimate, is just one wrecker trip away.

I am not surprised Akins came to the rescue --they have been fantastic with me since day 1.
https://www.vansantlaw.com/library/georgia-injury-amp-property-damage-lawyer-van-sant-law.cfm.
Here's a firm,my company used on damage claims.im in Atlanta

Last edited:

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
3 weeks is a long time to go without an explanation ... Akins sounds like a great dealer as I remember you giving them props from day one. Hope everything gets worked out. I hate hearing about instances like this ... so many dealers are dirt ball dishonest.

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
thank you @saleen367, they are, by a mile... great prices and service, in 78 acres of dealership, largest in GA I believe.
Sponsored