Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Anybody notice how Bullitt for sale prices vary? Hendy have just put a Bullitt on Autotrader for £41,019, that can't be right can it?
Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
It's clearly an error, with many people still waiting over 12 months for their orders to be fulfilled it's unlikely there'll be any discounting on new Bullitts for some time to come if ever

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
I called that dealership the minute I saw it. They don't know who posted it yet. The one Bullitt they do have for sale is up for £50,250 unless you want to order a new one.

However, I don't expect the Bullitt's secondhand market to stay above £50k for long.

OP
OP

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes it has to be an error, I think overall they will maintain their value, probably increase in value years down the line, Id imagine by then they will have stopped importing the V8 Mustang in RHD, time will tell.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
True, eventually the RWD affordable N/A V8 will be extinct - probably within the next decade as electric technology continues to progress, so I can see an upside for all Mustangs generally in Europe after that time, and the Bullitt may retain a little more value. However, I do expect them to depreciate a little bit within the next decade and the Bullitt brand doesn't really have any cache to anyone below 55 years old, so a decade from now not many will really care about the movie ties. In the US the last two Bullitt Mustangs don't really hold any premium over the GTs of the period on the used market today.

Anyway, I'm still getting the Bullitt even though the movie doesn't mean a lot to me, and it's because of the styling, the paint, the exclusivity and the extra touches to the car generally.

Sponsored

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
I've seen plenty of stealers put a ridiculously low price on Auto Trader. Mine was, which I didnt realise until just before signing the finance agreement, which I asked why and got a nice discount, although mine was advertised 2k less than the showroom price on Auto Trader

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
They keep building more so it’s not as special as everyone originally thought, prices will fall like they do with 99% of cars.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Bullitts are going to be pretty common as they just keep building them and I've seen more of them on the road than NFG cars the same as mine. As for maintaining their value, they will do no better or worse than other Mustangs, maybe a smidge more due to better residual from Ford. It's a real shame that the Euro Bullitt doesn't have the extras that the US car came with, especially the horsepower and GT350 manifold, I would have taken the allocation I was offered back then if they were the same as the US car. It's a nice car, but not limited or anything special.
Plus, the whole car industry is in decline and big-ticket items, like the Mustang, are just not selling. The whole economic outlook and consumers being pushed to feel bad about the environment and buy clean cars will also dent future sales. The Mustang and large engine models have been niche items and will continue to remain as much. Someone also hinted that they think RHD Mustangs may not remain in dealers and there is probably quite a bit of truth in that.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Only referencing your point about the Bullitt differences between the US and EU/UK. The EU/UK Bullitt does get the GT350 intake manifold, throttle body and intake like the US car. The differences between the cars are listed below.

Differences between the UK/EU Bullitt and the USA Bullitt:

453hp vs. 480hp - Down to the European requirement of a GPF integrated into the cats and the RHD exhaust manifold.
3.55 Trac-loc LSD vs. 3.73 Torsen LSD
3rd Air vent in central dash vs. Oil pressure and vacuum gauge in central dash
No strut brace due to EU pedestrian crash regs vs. Bullitt strut brace
Recaro seats only vs. Optional heated and cooled seats
No green stitching on the dash or carpet mats due to RHD vs. green stitching
Electronics pack standard vs. Optional electronics pack

OP
OP

Iron Duke

Iron Duke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes I would have liked the extra bits, however it wasn't a deal breaker not having them, I feel I got VFM and am more than happy with by Bullitt it feels a lot more "Planted" than my GT was. Its a 2 year run so I presume the "Books" will be shutting soon, but if they don't, I dont care.

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Yes I would have liked the extra bits, however it wasn't a deal breaker not having them, I feel I got VFM and am more than happy with by Bullitt it feels a lot more "Planted" than my GT was. Its a 2 year run so I presume the "Books" will be shutting soon, but if they don't, I dont care.
Ford already announced no more new orders to the UK apart from any already scheduled unallocated stock.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Only referencing your point about the Bullitt differences between the US and EU/UK. The EU/UK Bullitt does get the GT350 intake manifold, throttle body and intake like the US car. The differences between the cars are listed below.

Differences between the UK/EU Bullitt and the USA Bullitt:

453hp vs. 480hp - Down to the European requirement of a GPF integrated into the cats and the RHD exhaust manifold.
3.55 Trac-loc LSD vs. 3.73 Torsen LSD
3rd Air vent in central dash vs. Oil pressure and vacuum gauge in central dash
No strut brace due to EU pedestrian crash regs vs. Bullitt strut brace
Recaro seats only vs. Optional heated and cooled seats
No green stitching on the dash or carpet mats due to RHD vs. green stitching
Electronics pack standard vs. Optional electronics pack
Also the electronics package is different for example no BLIS and of course the lights and reflectors are different :thumbsup:

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Also the electronics package is different for example no BLIS and of course the lights and reflectors are different :thumbsup:
Fair enough. Not worried about BLIS and of course every Euro Mustang has different lights, reflectors and wing mirrors.

As for me, I'll order an authentic Bullitt strut brace from the US and 4.09 gears. Debating whether to buy the Torsen T-2 diff from Ford Performance as it's about $900 and then swap the 4.09s in, but I will at least do the rear end swap regardless of the diff.

I am also confident that the gap between 453hp and 480hp can be closed significantly with a simple remap by Steeda or a custom tune in the UK.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Fair enough. Not worried about BLIS and of course every Euro Mustang has different lights, reflectors and wing mirrors.

As for me, I'll order an authentic Bullitt strut brace from the US and 4.09 gears. Debating whether to buy the Torsen T-2 diff from Ford Performance as it's about $900 and then swap the 4.09s in, but I will at least do the rear end swap regardless of the diff.

I am also confident that the gap between 453hp and 480hp can be closed significantly with a simple remap by Steeda or a custom tune in the UK.
The brace is the easy bit. Machined to fit not with ugly spacers :thumbsup: The diff keep us posted about I'm interested. And the tune is an issue because of the GPF but someone might correct me...

67409489_2444596759092587_3299306800620240896_o.jpg

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
If you get a Steeda Steve McQueen Limited Edition Bullitt, you can park up at a show (or at home!) knowing you have something super cool that other people dont. A genuine collectable.

Excellent strut brace and very nice car! I can't wait!

Steeda UK is now advertising the Steve McQueen edition for Euro/UK cars, and I looked into it and a press article written by Evo claims the Steeda Bullitt tune for EU/UK cars results in a 35hp gain to 493hp from the standard 458. Also, a Swedish Bullitt owner has had his car mapped with the Steeda tune and it worked despite the GPF.

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/21605/st...ueen-edition-bullitt-mustang-with-over-788bhp

"Under the bonnet is the standard car’s naturally aspirated 5-litre V8, but in uprated form producing 493bhp. That’s a subtle 35bhp over the standard Bullitt Mustang, courtesy of a new cold-air intake and retuned ECU."

"For those wanting a little extra grunt, buyers can specify an optional 2.9-litre Whipple supercharger – combined with reinforced rear suspension – which will crank out over 788bhp, according to Steeda."
Sponsored