18+ A10 1 Piece Aluminum DS Issues!!

OP
OP

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
all the driveshaft manufacturers are the ones that i hold responsible for this situation. if they had tested there product properly (on a car) they would or should know better to release such garbadge to the public...just because it balnces on there in house machine doesnt mean it will work properly on the car....so is it Fords issue for designing a car that doesnt like aftermarket 1 piece driveshafts or is it these driveshaft manufacturers that just want there $750-1300 for a driveshaft? i have the solution but i guess nobody is listening YET. a 2 piece aluminum DS with a heavy duty center hanger bearing....ask yourself how big rigs and heavy trucks can have long ass driveshafts and or 2 piece with a hanger bearing and have 1500+ ft/lb of tq and haul tens of thousands of lbs around in cargo?? i think the people that are in need of a driveshaft want it for 2 reasons, strength and weight reduction, i personally need it for strength so that i can race my 4000+ car with 900+ hp and not have a stock ds come through the floor....so make a 2 piece aluminum ds with a factory style bearing but HD and everyone will be happy!!
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
entire situation just blows me away, how are these companies able to release a product that then vibrates when it gets on the customers car? if its an issue with the car and different angles then these co’s need to account for that and not just leave it up to the end user to figure it out....i called cci, they were more then happy to quote me $940 for a custom shaft like 1320 chick + a little more for shipping...they didnt gaurantee it wouldnt vibrate...i asked if they ever installed one they said no, in 1320chicks case they went to her dads shop measured what they needed to and made it...i suppose her dads shop did the install....this is a clusterphuk if you ask me....i can continue to dish out $1000 at a time in search of a non vibrating DS, i can keep one of them and try other things like mentioned here a bolt and shim kit for the trans cross member etc etc...or roll the dice at 900+ hp with the stock one.
have a local shop measure and build you one...

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Fixed my issues, installed the stock drive shaft.

The car is perfect again.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Sux man that you had to go back to stock. Even though there are plenty of 18-19 owners who have aftermarket ds’s with no issues. What matters is that your happy with what you’ve done to solve the problem..

Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After taking all the angle measurements and giving them to the guys at GForce.

They said they were all within spec for a stock 18+ and that their driveshaft does not work well with 18 and 19 cars - known issue.

Which is crazy because they sell a driveshaft specifically for 10r80 cars.

They recommended looking for a driveshaft with the CV in the rear.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unofficially they said you’d have to shim the front of the irs down close to an inch to get the angle correct

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
yes i saw her bideo where she briefly talked about how they came to her dads shop and measured her car for the specs...i was going to reach out to her, i may give cci a call and see if they can make one and what gaurantee they will offer...she is likely the only one not to have vibrations above 55mph that i know of....the cost doesnt really matter to me either aslong as it doesnt vibrate its worth the cost...
I'm going with CCI. I was quoted $940 for the drive shaft, the same one that Lidio's daughter has.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Wait, you guys changed from a 2 piece to a 1 piece and didnt verify the angles at the trans and rear end?

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
Wait, you guys changed from a 2 piece to a 1 piece and didnt verify the angles at the trans and rear end?
Enlighten us on how your going to change any angle found without lowering the motor or shimming the sub.

They say it’s for a 10R80, most remove and replace given that fact.

Do you have the driveshaft in question? Best I’ve found is clocking the ds and dealing with whatever vibes are present. Hopefully, they’re not bad.

Sponsored

Racemaster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skspeed.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush 2003 Marauder

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
You would shim the trans cross member, not the engine. Or, as stated, shim the subframe.

Full titl boogie even has an article on adjusting pinion angle on an irs car.

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
You would shim the trans cross member, not the engine. Or, as stated, shim the subframe.

Full titl boogie even has an article on adjusting pinion angle on an irs car.
So, did you do that to your A10 driveshaft and it solve any of the issues stated? My bet is you still have the stock unit in place and just rambling about this specific issue.

Talk is cheap.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shimming the cross member down only changes the angles a small amount.

In my cause my diff was 3.5 degrees up, I would have to shim the front of the irs down close to an inch just to get it close

Think about the irs system and the read suspension geometry, and strength of the cradle bolts.

Better to find a shaft that’s designed to work with the stock angles.

Last edited:

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
So, did you do that to your A10 driveshaft and it solve any of the issues stated? My bet is you still have the stock unit in place and just rambling about this specific issue.

Talk is cheap.

I have zero desire to mod my DD. So, this issue I haven't fixed. That said, drivelines and pinion angles aren't fucking rocket science. They are also rarely a bolt in affair.

I have had custom drivelines built for numerous rigs. Trucks that are lifted, lowered, t5 swapped classic mustangs, 9 second bracket race cars.
Sponsored