Corsa xtreme fitment on 18gt

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Had the corsa catback installed a few days ago thinking it would fit better than the mbrp catback I had before with it being twice the price it is also wanting to sit close but not touch I mean not even a full finger gap. on both passenger and driver sides but it’s worse on the passenger side I’m taking it to a shop Tuesday is there anything I can tell them or show them so I can have this fixed it’s not burning the valence or anything but it bothers my ocd very much I read a few reviews on American muscle where people mentioned bending the hangers others also mentioned it just took a lot of playing with it. Any feedback is appreciated.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I did not have any fitment issues on mine but have read some that have. Most mentioned adjustments during install. I think @BmacIL had a short write up of how best to get them aligned.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest that fitment looks pretty decent, maybe needs to come up a smidge on the driver's side.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I will show this to the muffler shop Tuesday thank you so much so ideally should they sit centered in the valence? Not off to one particular side correct?
Yes but yours really don't look off L/R. Maybe take pictures from a different perspective and not so close. As I said, to me it only looks like the driver's side should come up a tad and it'll be good.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
To be honest that fitment looks pretty decent, maybe needs to come up a smidge on the driver's side.
Really? I thought the tip being so close to the valence was a bad thing. I remember how the stock exhaust fit so I thought this would fit the same

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Ok I will have further back pics up shortly I’m off work in an hour

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I always thought the tips should fit centered in the valence not almost touching it passenger side I can’t even get a finger in that space

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Really? I thought the tip being so close to the valence was a bad thing. I remember how the stock exhaust fit so I thought this would fit the same
They're bigger tips, so they're going to be closer than stock on both sides. As long you've got some air on both sides, I'd consider that pretty good. They're double wall tips, so while they do get hot, as long as they are not touching the valence it's not going to hurt anything.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
They're bigger tips, so they're going to be closer than stock on both sides. As long you've got some air on both sides, I'd consider that pretty good. They're double wall tips, so while they do get hot, as long as they are not touching the valence it's not going to hurt anything.
Oh okay well that’s good news I would just feel more comfy if it was a bit further away maybe where the driver side is as I can easily stick a finger in the gap. And for the driver side being a tad low it just needs to be loosened held in place being pushed up and retightened?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Great info here, exactly why I linked him to your post :)

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Great info here, exactly why I linked him to your post :)
Yeah super helpful I was feeling pretty upsett because I just dropped $1400 on this exhaust and the fitment didn’t seem up to par glad to know It appears to be 90% there. How is fitment for you guys regarding the rear sway bar? Is the exhaust pretty close to it?
Sponsored