Corsa xtreme fitment on 18gt

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah super helpful I was feeling pretty upsett because I just dropped $1400 on this exhaust and the fitment didn’t seem up to par glad to know It appears to be 90% there. How is fitment for you guys regarding the rear sway bar? Is the exhaust pretty close to it?
Yes they always are. Very little relative motion so nothing to worry about.

The fitment is very close. If you want the tips to go more outboard, slide the axleback very slightly out of the joint at the X pipe. Inboard, slightly in. But to be honest it looks within a mm or two of even left to right so I'm not sure I'd touch that part, just raise the driver's side and torque the clamp while you do it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yes they always are. Very little relative motion so nothing to worry about.

The fitment is very close. If you want the tips to go more outboard, slide the axleback very slightly out of the joint at the X pipe. Inboard, slightly in. But to be honest it looks within a mm or two of even left to right so I'm not sure I'd touch that part, just raise the driver's side and torque the clamp while you do it.
I don’t want it To end up being to close to the sway bar but I guess once I stop holding pressure after torquing it will fall slightly anyway.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ah now I see! Much better perspective on fitment. Both axlebacks should be pulled rearward out of the double X-pipe just slightly (maybe like 1/8"-3/16" or so), and then raise up and clamp per the procedure I posted.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Ah now I see! Much better perspective on fitment. Both axlebacks should be pulled rearward out of the double X-pipe just slightly (maybe like 1/8"-3/16" or so), and then raise up and clamp per the procedure I posted.
Awesome. So you can see what I’m noticing and that it should be more centered versus offset to one side?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. So you can see what I’m noticing and that it should be more centered versus offset to one side?
Yes definitely. The new pictures make that much, much clearer. A slight adjustment and it'll be perfect :)

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Corsa exhaust myself and fit was perfect. Later my drive shaft was changed under warranty. When I went to pick up my car the tips were off bad. So I inform the service lady. The car was put back up on the rack and the tech said that was as good as he could get it. I knew the service mgr. so they let me in the shop. We aligned them perfectly with me telling the kid what to do. True story. An install is only as good as the installer.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I installed my Corsa exhaust myself and fit was perfect. Later my drive shaft was changed under warranty. When I went to pick up my car the tips were off bad. So I inform the service lady. The car was put back up on the rack and the tech said that was as good as he could get it. I knew the service mgr. so they let me in the shop. We aligned them perfectly with me telling the kid what to do. True story. An install is only as good as the installer.
Yeah I was in a rush to have it installed i wanted the mbrp race off asap so I could sell it I had a shop do it that does good work but it wasn’t my first choice my first choice I will be going to on tommorow to show them and I’m 100% sure they can handle it

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I was in a rush to have it installed i wanted the mbrp race off asap so I could sell it I had a shop do it that does good work but it wasn’t my first choice my first choice I will be going to on tommorow to show them and I’m 100% sure they can handle it
Unfortunately the way corsa breaks up their system makes it quite a bit less straightforward to get the tips perfect. If they had a 5 piece catback ala Borla or others, and made the joints in the same locations, it'd be a piece of cake.

All that said, the sound quality and materials are totally worth it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Unfortunately the way corsa breaks up their system makes it quite a bit less straightforward to get the tips perfect. If they had a 5 piece catback ala Borla or others, and made the joints in the same locations, it'd be a piece of cake.

All that said, the sound quality and materials are totally worth it.
Exactly it sounds like nothing I have ever heard and the no drone and not a ton of cabin noise is amazing but as soon as I roll down my windows the car has been roaring the entire time absolutely worth the money I paid

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
Had the corsa catback installed a few days ago thinking it would fit better than the mbrp catback I had before with it being twice the price it is also wanting to sit close but not touch I mean not even a full finger gap. on both passenger and driver sides but it’s worse on the passenger side I’m taking it to a shop Tuesday is there anything I can tell them or show them so I can have this fixed it’s not burning the valence or anything but it bothers my ocd very much I read a few reviews on American muscle where people mentioned bending the hangers others also mentioned it just took a lot of playing with it. Any feedback is appreciated.
HI, would you share what or where the issues you had with the MBRP cat back...Thanks

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
HI, would you share what or where the issues you had with the MBRP cat back...Thanks
Drone and rattle my interior to death lol sounded amazing though I mean really really good but it’s basically a muffler delete with an h pipe so that was expected and then I had the same issue with the tips as I’m having with this corsa I should have posted it because I installed it myself and I’m sure the tip I have been given to do on the corsa exhaust would have worked on the mbrp but all is well, I wanted the corsa from the beginning anyway so it’s a win win I was just to cheap to buy it but I ponied up and spent the cash so I sold the mbrp

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
Drone and rattle my interior to death lol sounded amazing though I mean really really good but it’s basically a muffler delete with an h pipe so that was expected and then I had the same issue with the tips as I’m having with this corsa I should have posted it because I installed it myself and I’m sure the tip I have been given to do on the corsa exhaust would have worked on the mbrp but all is well, I wanted the corsa from the beginning anyway so it’s a win win I was just to cheap to buy it but I ponied up and spent the cash so I sold the mbrp
Thanks for your info, It will help me on what to go with.. Thanks!