Sponsored

2019 GT Spoiler

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 F150 Lariat SuperCrew, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1967 Fairlane GTA, 1957 T-Bird & more.
I have a 2019 GT on order. I now prefer a rear spoiler that would be similar to my '70 Mach 1 which has two short pedestals and a blade with turned down ends. First off, is there one currently available like that? Second, does the factory blade interfere with mounting it or would it look odd if not? If this is true, how is the factory blade attached or can it be removed without paint damage? Lots of questions but too late to do a delete on the order. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Alerkz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Removing the factory spoiler will leave you with 4 holes, two in the middle and two on each side, if you don’t want something too aggressive and something similar you can try the 19 GTCS spoiler

OP
OP
RogV

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 F150 Lariat SuperCrew, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1967 Fairlane GTA, 1957 T-Bird & more.
Removing the factory spoiler will leave you with 4 holes, two in the middle and two on each side, if you don’t want something too aggressive and something similar you can try the 19 GTCS spoiler
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming by looking at it, that it's not going to fit in the existing holes so therefore body work. Also, only available from Ford?

Alerkz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming by looking at it, that it's not going to fit in the existing holes so therefore body work. Also, only available from Ford?
If you have a spoiler it will, I had the factory spoiler and changed it to the pp1 and it covered the holes, if you’re trunk is spoilerless then you will have to drill the holes

OP
OP
RogV

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
It should come with the GT raised blade deck lid spoiler. Knowing nothing about the GTCS spoiler, is it only available through Ford or is there an aftermarket or I guess non-Ford made version?

Sponsored

Alerkz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It should come with the GT raised blade deck lid spoiler. Knowing nothing about the GTCS spoiler, is it only available through Ford or is there an aftermarket or I guess non-Ford made version?
You can purchase it from Ford or private seller. You can be patient and wait for someone here in the forums to sell it or try eBay

OP
OP
RogV

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again, I'm in the learning phase!

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
For reference here is what it looks like when the spoiler is removed. This is what the Ecoboost and GT looks like when the decklid spoiler is removed.
1.jpg

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to thread jack, but I recently snagged a low-mile take off 2019 PP1 spoiler. I've going to paint it to match - but my '17 V6 car has no spoiler and thus no holes. I've searched (maybe I missed it) and came up empty looking for a template I could use to drill the holes in the OEM locations in my trunk. Thanks for any help.

Alerkz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not trying to thread jack, but I recently snagged a low-mile take off 2019 PP1 spoiler. I've going to paint it to match - but my '17 V6 car has no spoiler and thus no holes. I've searched (maybe I missed it) and came up empty looking for a template I could use to drill the holes in the OEM locations in my trunk. Thanks for any help.
I have a template I can post later

Sponsored

MAP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
If you have a spoiler it will, I had the factory spoiler and changed it to the pp1 and it covered the holes, if you’re trunk is spoilerless then you will have to drill the holes
Hey, just out of curiosity, you said the 2019 PP spoiler will cover the holes of the little wing from factory, right? Did you have to have any body work done when you did this? Thinking about grabbing one for my '17 and replacing the factory spoiler on it...

Alerkz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey, just out of curiosity, you said the 2019 PP spoiler will cover the holes of the little wing from factory, right? Did you have to have any body work done when you did this? Thinking about grabbing one for my '17 and replacing the factory spoiler on it...

Yes all of them
Sponsored