2018 ECOBOOST TRACK TIMES

OP
OP

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Well there are a couple of folks on the facebook groups that stepped up with stock slips. Very nice. I figured the 18's were pretty much the same just had the 10spd autos. Looks like they pack more over all punch as both posted 13.5 at 102mph time slips. Pretty impressive stuff.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I can not wait for winter. My 14.3 time at 94 is pissing me off lol. The da here sucks in the summer months

Brodie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
i ran across this on YouTube. i don't know who's car this is but it says his only mod is a intercooler. His time was [email protected]. Thats pretty quick. it looks like a Performance Package A10 car. Thats the fastest time I've seen for a 2018 so far!!!

Last edited:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Seems too quick! The Nimso next to it should had been running mid-13's stock. Should be very interesting to see what Ford Performance, Cobb, and others have planned for it. A sub 13' eco would be very enticing.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I don't think this thing is a 12.9xxx car stock, but I do strongly believe in the right air, with the right driver and prep it's got a 13.1 to 13.3 in it. Basically the stars need to align. its awesome that guy got a 13.2 but what would he have done with a stock intercooler?

Sponsored

Bartosh910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Im hoping to my make my first trip to the track this fall once it cools down. I have an 10 speed 2018 with most bolts on. Looking forward to seeing what it runs.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Im hoping to my make my first trip to the track this fall once it cools down. I have an 10 speed 2018 with most bolts on. Looking forward to seeing what it runs.
NIce! Where are you going to run? I need to see if I can get out to a test & tune sometime just so I can play with the different modes and see how the onboard computer compares to actual timers.

Bartosh910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
NIce! Where are you going to run? I need to see if I can get out to a test & tune sometime just so I can play with the different modes and see how the onboard computer compares to actual timers.
Most likely the track in Sealy since that's what's the closest to me. I just need to install my intercooler and turbo wastegate first .

Brodie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
IMG_2066.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg
I got a chance to slip out to Atco Dragway this evening to see what my stock 2018 Ecoboost A10 Base Non Performance package Mustang would run in the quarter. unfortunately because of a ultra crowded track, a perfectly timed oil down & a slick track. I was only able to make two runs. on my first run i ran a 13.80@102 with a 2.20 60ft. It pretty much spun through first. If i can get some traction and lower my 60ft I think there's definitely room for improvement. My second run It spun like was on ice through 1st, second and into third so i got out of it. Im pretty sure it was due to some dew on the track. I was in the first pair of cars after the oil down. My runs were made in drag mode with the shifter in drive and advancetrac off. Im looking forward to getting back to the track and lowering my time soon.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
God job man. Maybe the end if this month with better temps I can hit a sub 14 sec run.

Sponsored
OP
OP

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Most likely the track in Sealy since that's what's the closest to me. I just need to install my intercooler and turbo wastegate first .
Sealy can suck at times in terms of their track prep. But if they do a decent job prepping then good times can be had out there.

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
Anyone else have time slips for their 2018 (or '19)? Also. has anyone compared the car's track app times to their slips? I'm wondering how accurate they are. That might save me a 250 mile round trip ride to make a few (hopeful) 13 second passes.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Anyone else have time slips for their 2018 (or '19)? Also. has anyone compared the car's track app times to their slips? I'm wondering how accurate they are. That might save me a 250 mile round trip ride to make a few (hopeful) 13 second passes.
I have made about a dozen runs or so, full disclosure I'm not great at launching. I believe if you are half decent and in a good part of the country with a low da, this is a 13.7-13.8 car all day long.

Best I can do is a 14.2. it's either too warm and my top end is gone, or it's too cold and my tires won't hook at all and wheel hop like crazy. Again I'm not great at launching, my 60' is 2.1 to 2.4. The car definitely has 13's in her just needs a better driver and conditions.

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
It's been many years since I've been to the track on street tires. Always ran drag radials or slicks. I'm tempted to pick up a pair of wheels to mount drag radials on if I goto the track. I'd hate to drive all the way there then spin each pass.
Sponsored