Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Ordered (today) a GT premium fastback, Kona blue, with PP1, Magneride, active exhaust and no spoiler. The salesman is saying 8-12 weeks for delivery, we will see.
That could be a bit optimistic. I placed my order for effectively the same car (also Kona Blue with the same options as you, but I have 401a / B&O / S&S as well) on November 15, received a VIN number last week, and have a tentative delivery date of March 5.

To be honest, March 5 is a few weeks earlier than I wanted, but I'll deal with it. :wink:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Considering I ordered mine the Monday after Thanksgiving I will prepare to see my car towards the middle/end of March :cwl:

Helluva difference than the 8 weeks I was quoted by the Salesman lol

Tp431

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tina
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500/2013 Boss 302/2002 Saleen SC281/1972 Mustang/2017 F350/ On Order 2019 CS/GT Vert
Didn't want to go back through the previous pages to see when you guys placed your orders.. can you update when you actually ordered the vehicles? Is this in line with the estimated 12-14 weeks for delivery?
Ordered 08/03/18, window sticker Nov, Blend date 12/10/18, ETA 01/15/19 - got my update this morning that it's on ramp 51

In Production - Received - RAIL (Auto Warehousing ) Ramp 51, Flat Rock, MI Dec-12-2018, 04:15 ET.

Tp431

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tina
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500/2013 Boss 302/2002 Saleen SC281/1972 Mustang/2017 F350/ On Order 2019 CS/GT Vert
Has anyone figured out a way to track their car once it hits the railyard?

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone figured out a way to track their car once it hits the railyard?
I believe someone posted some dispatch numbers/info for the different railway providers in the beginning of this thread/possible in the other thread referencing 18/19 car orders.

Sponsored

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
I got this update Monday 12/10/18
In Production
Your order is being manufactured at one of our factories. This can take a few days. When you have a moment, tryout the link to your Window Sticker that is now available lower on the page.
We are happy to see this .EDD 1/7/19

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ‘21 Mustang Mach-1
\ However with all that being said, PP2 cars in general do seem to take a good bit longer than the others for some reason. I wonder if it could be that they don’t want to risk damaging the summer tires. After all it was around 23 degrees F in Flat Rock this morning. See: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/03/performance-tires-crack-winter-cracking/index.htm
Since PP2 Mustangs are more likely to be driven at high speed on a track, perhaps Ford see this as a potental liability issue and is simply waiting for a warm weather week to ship PP2 cars. Just a theory.
This is a great point/catch. However, for those of us in AZ (and other states) we would love our cars, well, NOW! We can drive them all winter! :handsinair:
So maybe a better solution for this is to throw on steelies for transport, ship the wheels to the dealers and mount local. Given the price bump on this package, seems reasonable.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So maybe a better solution for this is to throw on steelies for transport, ship the wheels to the dealers and mount local. Given the price bump on this package, seems reasonable.
Them's gonna be some big steelies!

Past that, adding shipping cost for the wheels separately, labor to mount, shipping of the steelies back to Ford, and the administrative overhead, I'd expect the cost for that to rapidly get out of hand. And watch the fun when one of those factory PP2 wheels / tires gets scored in transit or the low-man-on-the-pole kid in the back shop airguns the wheels on so hard that he pulls a rotor out of plane.

Sponsored

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the PP2 waiting club! :facepalm: So this has been a frustrating wait and totally get you.
I have been running around trying to get answers ever since I noticed my build was not moving after by EDD came and went.
Ordered: 7/28/18
VIN: 10/9/18
Blend: 10/17/18 (confirmed built)
EDD: 11/16/18 (never happened, not updating either).
Current Status: "ETA Pending"

So after getting my sales person to escalate to his General Manager, who escalated to the Zone Manager and to the Ford Field Ops Manager, as well as some great folks over at BlueOvalForums, I found that PP2s are being called back to the factory if built in October or later.
There is no explanation (yet) as to WHY this call back to the factory is happening, but inventory was checked this past Fri 12/7 and the system shows no PP2's are leaving the factory. My VIN sat at the "Body Shop" after being built for over a month. Then it was just moved from "Body Shop" to "Factory" at Flat Rock. No other updates as of 12/8/18.

I'll continue to post anything I hear from my Ford sources. I am hoping they are addressing any engine "tick" issues or diff overheating issues current PP2/PP1 folks are dealing with.
UPDATE:
Well, definitely not what I wanted to hear.

Received the call from my general manger today and I got the “why” my car has no ETA: it was damaged in transit from the factory to the body shop at Flat Rock. So much damage apparently, that I now have to reorder my car again!! Yes, start over and re-order a new VIN!! :crying:
So MAYBE that was due to cold tires???? Or just some hot roddin' with my car??

So after placing my first order 7/28/18, I now have a second order placed today for the exact same build. New Order Number in hand. They are estimating 2-3 months; they said they will do what they can to expedite.

Wish you all well in getting your cars folks, and pray this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Them's gonna be some big steelies!

Past that, adding shipping cost for the wheels separately, labor to mount, shipping of the steelies back to Ford, and the administrative overhead, I'd expect the cost for that to rapidly get out of hand. And watch the fun when one of those factory PP2 wheels / tires gets scored in transit or the low-man-on-the-pole kid in the back shop airguns the wheels on so hard that he pulls a rotor out of plane.
I think that's cheaper then what just happened! See my post above ^^^^^

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Mustang GT Prem, 401A, B&O, PP1, Magneride
Ordered 10/17/2018
Tracker had been showing EDD of 1/25/2019. Ford chat had build week of 1/7/2019.
My tracker just updated today , now shows “In Production”. Have a window sticker link but, when I click says “window sticker not yet available”.
Chatted with Ford performance for an update and got this:
My name is Ray H, it was the week of January 7. The build date has updated to the day of January 10. The ETA to the dealer is January 19-25.

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
For the PP2 orders, it's the SC2 tires. I believe production has been pushed out to the Feb/Mar timeframe in line with the GT350R's. The SC2's are really prone to cracking in freezing temps.
Do we have Ford confirmation?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received the call from my general manger today and I got the “why” my car has no ETA: it was damaged in transit from the factory to the body shop at Flat Rock. So much damage apparently, that I now have to reorder my car again!! Yes, start over and re-order a new VIN!! :crying:
Yeah, shipping accidents are nightmares waiting to happen. I'd look at your situation as bad, but at least you will ultimately have a new car instead of surreptitious repair work on the one they damaged.

Then, there are the real shipping nightmares:
http://www.grahamswebdesign.com/salvage-vessel-tricolor.html

vesseltricolorcut.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: