Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

prvns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Sync 3 Usability lags

I upgraded my Sync 1.0 to 3.0 recently. Everything was fine for 2 weeks. After that now system is un-usable. It's extremely slow and terrible. It hangs. Does not respond to touches. It disconnects the bluetooth way too often. Sometimes it's even stuck in the Pony logo. I tried factory reset and also re-installing the firmware. Nothing helps. any idea what could be done?
Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
that unfortunately sounds like a hardware issue with the unit. Take it to the dealer.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Does the distance to empty show a number for you on the updated app? Fuel level is correct but distance to empty doesn't show anything for me. It did on the previous version.
I can only try it out on my ipad I dont have the new usb hub I cant test it :headbonk:

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I can only try it out on my ipad I dont have the new usb hub I cant test it :headbonk:
It's been a while, but have there been any new builds released? Last I recall they can't officially be posted here, but just wanted to see if there was a newer build than 18025 available.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
Build 18093 was available from mid May, and is the one that I use. I haven't come across any news on a later one, but haven't been looking.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Build 18093 was available from mid May, and is the one that I use. I haven't come across any news on a later one, but haven't been looking.

Same here. Nothing newer posted yet.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Used these instructions and the video this afternoon to upgrade my 2016 GT's Sync 3 - I bought it in May, originally in mid-2015, had never been updated.

Everything works great, I finally have my Google navigation and Android apps on my Sync screen. Thanks so much!

SJenkinsTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lincoln MKX
First off, Leszek, thanks for the informative answer to the problem under discussion.
My 2018 Lincoln MKX was sold to me with Sync3 V2.3 build 17109 from the Ford Motor Company, and has map V: NA 1 15. In the last week I've contacted the dealership several times through several channels and have not gotten any satisfaction (big surprise). While the "Lincoln Way" support says I can upgrade to V3.0. When I try to download V3.0 it errors out and tells me " System Error This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or contact us." The dealer response to this was for me to use the WIFI update method, which of course doesn't work either. It checks for updates and then does exactly nothing. In two days, they've given no further response to my message that WIFI doesn't work either.
As a retired programmer/systems developer of course I started researching alternatives and came across your posts that give me more than a glimmer of hope. I am on thin ice here as I'd like to have some assurance that this can work. Since I'm coming from a much lower build number are there additional steps I need, and can take?
I will be making one more try at the dealership (in Demand Mode) and if that fails I hope that there's a chance this can be made to work.
BTW after downloading JR3T-14G381-AL and copying JR3T-14G381-AM_117055.tar.gz into it, there are now 9 .gz files and only 8 referenced in the autoinstall.lst??

Last edited:

Bonillan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can't seem to get my car to recognize the USB stick.

I upgraded from MFT to Sync 3 with nav this morning, programmed with forscan and everything is working perfectly. I have the single port carplay USB hub installed. The sync unit came from a Ford Escape and it has version 2.0 installed.

I downloaded the 18025 update from leszek link a few pages back, extracted it to a empty 32GB USB3.0 thumb drive. When I plug it into the car sometimes nothing happens beyond a blink of the LED on the thumbdrive. Sometimes it will say "The inserted USB device is not responding" I've tried both Fat32 and exFAT formats to no avail.

The hub seems to be working fine. It charges my phone and carplay works as it should.

What am I missing?
Sponsored