avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had my 15 track pack spoiler wrapped in matt black because the plastic scratched too easily

l30bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Shadow Edition
talking of stripes, does anyone have any good recommendations of a good company to fit over the top stripes in or around hertfordshire/essex area? , I'm looking to get mine done,

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Its been a couple of weeks since i had the stripes done and i decided to have them taken off.The main reason was that satin or matte black is a real pain to keep clean and looking nice.The other big reason was that i realised they had made a bit of mess of the pinstripe.It wasn't straight in a couple of places and they had laid the pinstripe ontop which on reflection wasn't the best way to do it.The real annoying bit was they were slap dash with the finishing edges.Instead of wrapping it around an edge and leaving enough to trim neat.They cut of short causing it to lift,not acceptable!
Anyway,it all came off today,this time i went with gloss white with black that was printed as one.I think this works better.This all went on better and the edges are neat & even.If you decide on stripes be careful,there are a few ways to get it done.
20180629_175740-1600x1200.jpg
20180629_175800-1600x1200.jpg

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
what on earth do you mean matte are difficult to look after? what the hell do you do with your car? mine are 2 years old almost and still look brand new.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The 15/17's must have had not so fast matt black stripes on

Only joking :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have been to 5 wrapping companies now to have quotes and work done. I've had problems ranging from mis aligned graphics,bubbles appearing underneath and hair trapped, so be carefull because there are cowboys out there.My last mustang had boss 302 type graphics and bonnet blacked out in matte.
Each company warned me that matte and satin show every mark and difficult to keep clean.They also provided me with the correct detailing spray and shampoo for the product.
I love the stealthy look but no matter if it is 3m or Avery it marks very easily and some marks made by insects leave a residue stain.If your having stripes done really check over the work.

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
SS 1/2 Mile

Stock '15-17's run 130-133mph in the half mile.

My '18 stock ran 143.2 in Dallas at WGF and 140.xx at NoFlyZone Midwest. The '15-17 owners at the events had their jaws on the ground...
Have you tried yours already?

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Its been a couple of weeks since i had the stripes done and i decided to have them taken off.The main reason was that satin or matte black is a real pain to keep clean and looking nice.The other big reason was that i realised they had made a bit of mess of the pinstripe.It wasn't straight in a couple of places and they had laid the pinstripe ontop which on reflection wasn't the best way to do it.The real annoying bit was they were slap dash with the finishing edges.Instead of wrapping it around an edge and leaving enough to trim neat.They cut of short causing it to lift,not acceptable!
Anyway,it all came off today,this time i went with gloss white with black that was printed as one.I think this works better.This all went on better and the edges are neat & even.If you decide on stripes be careful,there are a few ways to get it done.
Looking forward to seeing this tomorrow at Cams Mill