Sponsored

Is there anything you would change with the Bullitt

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID
Not so much rear seat delete, but the return of a Sports Deck rear seat option that folds FLAT (not kinda says sorta flat-ish) AND has an isolated bulkhead from the trunk (instead of wide open to the trunk).
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is the Bullitt going to come with the 50th Ann. louvered rear 1/4 glass, or did someone photoshop that above image?

OP
OP
boomee

boomee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wanting a Bullitt
Keep the wheels black take off all the chrome paint calipers black or grey.Maybe debate the Bullitt on the outside of you want complete sleeper look.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
In today’s world Ford is never going to sell a car with wheel spacers. Legal liability way to high.
Oh I figured the question was what you would change after buying one.

If it's a wishlist for what Ford should change than it's front wheels with ET25 instead of ET45 and rear wheels with ET35 instead of ET52.5

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Oh I figured the question was what you would change after buying one./QUOTE]

All good :cheers:
I think they are playing "what should Ford have done differently"

Me: not a damn thing; except a more realistic allocation process.

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID
Me: not a damn thing; except a more realistic allocation process.[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!!!:amen:

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Me: not a damn thing; except a more realistic allocation process.
AMEN!!!!!:amen:[/QUOTE]

+1

This is a modern day interpretation of the 1968 GT Fastback from the movie. With many of the suggested changes, it would no longer be a "Bullitt".

I won't be changing a thing on mine!

Sponsored

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
It's interesting, that for the most part, everyone has the same suggestions. They're the same things that bother me: red calipers, chrome window trim, giant Bullitt logo on the trunk and steering wheel, and (lesser issue for me) the black wheels. Seems a little customer research could have gone a long way for making the perfect enthusiast car. Luckily they are all things the aftermarket can make very short work of.

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
It's interesting, that for the most part, everyone has the same suggestions. They're the same things that bother me: red calipers, chrome window trim, giant Bullitt logo on the trunk and steering wheel, and (lesser issue for me) the black wheels. Seems a little customer research could have gone a long way for making the perfect enthusiast car. Luckily they are all things the aftermarket can make very short work of.
Agree that most everyone has a very similar list of suggested changes. I think the car is fine as it is. The purists can keep the car stock while those who like to modify can personalize to suit. For me, I will personalize mine. None of Mustangs ever stay stock

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
4.09 gears to take full advantage of the 3rd gens higher revving wider power band. Also that would separate it from a regular gt performance wise.
Should be lower imo like the gt350s are factory.
A rear seat delete option like the 350. It should also imo have the 350 version recaros. From the factory I wouldn't change much else on it.
Maybe make the wheels a bit wider or more aggressive offset wise.

Personally if I could afford one? It would be lowered a bit, wheel spacers, tint, maybe a more aggressive chin spoiler and call it good. Overall imo it's the best stock looking s550 I've seen even over a Shelby 350r or pp2 gts.
All bets are off vs the new gt500 though:ford:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Although they wouldn't affect the exterior it would be nice to have hood struts supplied by Ford instead of that embarrassing hood rod .

Even if they only provided them for the specialty vehicles like the California Special GT 350 and Bullitt it would be a start and that's before we even discuss that cheap looking plastic coolant tank in full view when you open the hood !

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD