Sponsored

Ford Mustang 2019 Spec

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Just had a notification from carwow, £2k discounts on V8 MY17s lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Got sent this today. Looks like MY19 is open this week although the Americans say 4 April, Ford trying to keep a lid on it to shift the 17s and Bullitt info in the second quarter which I guess must be April to June :

KEY MESSAGE
New Mustang 2018MY to 2019MY Transition
ISSUE/CHANGE
The purpose of this communication is to provide details of the transition from 2018MY to 2019MY Mustang, which begins production in late June.
Ordering tables for the 2018MY Mustang are now closed. Any unplanned and unsold orders have been cancelled. Any affected unplanned customer sold orders will be discussed with the individual dealers.
The 2019MY OK To Buy is scheduled for 30th June 2018. The 2019MY ordering tables will open later this week.
New specification for Mustang at 2019MY remains largely unchanged from 2018MY but includes 2 new options:
- B&O Audio (1000W) replaces the existing Shaker Premium Audio in all Custom Packs delivering one of the best Sports car audio experiences in the market
- Active Exhaust on 2.3L EcoBoost entities, delivering more horsepower and a significant sound improvement
The Mustang Bullitt was revealed at the Geneva Motorshow on 5th March, and while this will be a 2019MY model, it will not yet be made available to order. Further price and specification details will be announced when they are available in Q2.
Timing
A 6 month delivery lead time on the new 2019MY model and current stock of the current 2017MY Mustang, means the sell down of the existing model should take priority over communications about the future model.
Heard the same earlier from where I ordered. Well glad it will come with B&O then :)

23TGrabberBlue

Grabber Blue Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 EcoBoost Grabber Blue
So the MY18 will be a rare beast here then? All because the dealer network are over stocked on MY17s?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
So the MY18 will be a rare beast here then? All because the dealer network are over stocked on MY17s?

that and ford don't officially start advertising it / allowing builds on websites or officially taking orders until the my19's are on because we're a year behind the yanks we basically miss my18 a few with on the ball dealers have managed to order some but officially from ford themselves no orders for new shapes yet.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
With ordering closed for MY18 in the US then the UK might as well skip official 18s and go straight to 19s

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It could be ages for the UK 19s. What a strange situation.
I don't think it will be. It was a similar situation in 2015/16. I don't think there are many MY15's on the road here, apart from the Champions League winner cars and super early orders.

The transition from MY15 to MY16 was seamless at Flat Rock so there should be no change to lead times. Just a decision by Ford UK to keep the MY18's hidden until the time comes.

Be interesting to see if they go at it a little harder this time with the advertising this time. Still very very few on the UK roads, and you can't help but think the market will be much smaller now with most enthusiasts happy with their current RHD Mustang.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Nice to see Ford really perfecting the manual, as with all the EU stuff moving away from V8's and manuals, Ford's competition is getting less and less which can only be good for Mustang sales in export markets. :)
So true

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
The MY19 brochure might be out soon. I requested a printed brochure online for the 18 and this time get a letter from Ford saying they are unavailable and to download online. I’m thinking they’ll change the online brochure and price list maybe 1 April, makes sense for the new price list to be 1 April

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just had an email from Ford UK:

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the delay.

We are still in planning phase for 19MY.

I can confirm that orders will be able to be placed in early April, and we are looking for 19MY Configurator to go live in late April.

I cannot confirm RHD Bullitt at this time, although further information is likely to be released in mid-April.

Thanks and regards,
Chris
Sponsored