Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Hi All,

We are happy to announce 2 of our great Steeda Driving Experience Days at North Weald Airfield this year.

BEE-GT101Lee1-northWeald.jpg

One will be on Friday 11th of May.

The second will be on Friday 21st of September.

These days are an amazing way to learn what your Mustang can do, and learn to get a feel for handling it on the limit, an essential skill with RWD cars.

Its also the perfect introduction to "off road" driving, with none of the intimidation / worry factor of track days. They are run on a "one at a time" basis, with nothing to hit aside from the odd cone.

It's no helmets, traction control off fun, and the whole days only costs £89.
We think its the most fun you can have in your car for the buck.

Heres a "Speed Matters" blog post about on of the previous days with some pics:
https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-driving-experience-what-an-experience-c1200x55958

We try and keep the numbers down on these days to give maximum driving time and more time for interaction and a little bit of driver coaching.

So sign up, and have a blast!

Even rain just adds to the fun, turning the arena into a giant skid pan! (unlike on a track day, where rain turns the track into a giant "terrorgoround")
BEE-whatrain-northWeald.jpg

You can book online at our webshop:
https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-driving-experience-speed-matters-c2x24885538
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
if you ever do one in a more central / northern location for those of us not half the country away then i'd be interested but its just too far for me to be arsed to travel

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Definitely up for this one! Just need to check the dates & get the time off work :D

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Thoroughly recommend this - good value and a great, safe way to learn what happens when you exceed the limit.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
good value
Until you have to replace the p-zeros that will be mostly wrecked and surely won't see you through another winter!

That'll be my plan anyway :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Until you have to replace the p-zeros that will be mostly wrecked and surely won't see you through another winter!

That'll be my plan anyway :D
well thats eminently doable (if you choose to do that!) and a great excuse to get rid of the Pzeros and get into some Michelins... :clap2:

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
if you ever do one in a more central / northern location for those of us not half the country away then i'd be interested but its just too far for me to be arsed to travel
our "record attendee" came down from Scotland, so if you're not further away than that you are just slacking! :D:headbang::paddle:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Meanwhile, I'd travel from the USA if I could afford to bring my car! :)

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
How does insurance work for these events? Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
How does insurance work for these events? Any suggestions?

[MENTION=9193]marks[/MENTION] as it is one at a time with nothing to hit, there is no real need for special insurance (in my opinion).

However if you want to get "track day" insurance, then I would assume it would be fairly affordable if you describe the actual activity on the day.

With no one else involved, and no armco, etc, you would have to do something pretty special, or incredibly stupid on purpose, to have an incident.

In the 10+ years I have been doing these events, both as participant and organiser, the only "incident" I ever witnessed came about when on a day where is was a participant, two idiots were mucking about doing donuts IN THE CAR PARKING AREA, and their car hit another car. That was a failure of marshalling (plus the fact they were morons)

Not only was their car instantly impounded (as its an airfield under airfield law) but the insurance wouldn't have been "track day" insurance as it was just in a car park, not "on track".

So the choice is yours, but I have never gotten any.