Sponsored

Question on turning in lease with aftermarket wheels

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT/2018 Mustang GT
Hi, I'm currently leasing a 2015EB but will be turning it in in April and will be ordering a GT. My problem is that I put aftermarket wheels on the car and sold the stockers. At the time I thought I was going to buy the car after the lease was over. I don't want to spend a fortune buying stock wheels from Ford just to turn it in and I haven't found any used ones yet. The car has the wheel/stripe package so they are the 19's. Does the car have to be turned in with the exact wheels it came with? And what happens if it doesn't? thanks
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Probably going to have to check the terms of your lease. Gotta read that fine print...

Fact of the matter is the car isn't yours so you're going to have to deal with whatever consequences that were laid out in the terms. Or it might not be a big deal. That's between you and the dealership.

OP
OP

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I talked to the dealership and they weren't sure themselves :shrug:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I turned in a leased Corvette a long time ago, aftermarket wheels.

I didn't tell, they didn't' ask :D

(They were basically a factory fitment so it's not like it was even apparent outside of the style).

Sponsored

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
I didn't tell, they didn't' ask :D
Unless the person inspecting the vehicle is a Mustang expert (gold level judge?), as long as the aftermarket wheels look acceptable and appropriate, they probably will not even notice.

I mean, just don't try to turn your Mustang in with 13" painted steel wheels. :D

OP
OP

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean, just don't try to turn your Mustang in with 13" painted steel wheels. :D[/QUOTE]

LOL:lol:

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
They make reps that look like stockers on the cheap. This may be a solution.

Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
It's unfortunate that you already permitted the feline to escape the paper enclosure, because I agree with the notion that it wouldn't have been noticed.

I'd still take this chance though. Say nothing more, and make sure the car is IMMACULATE and GLEAMING when it's turned in. It's not like you're committing a crime or anything; just make sure they don't say okay and then turn around the next day and try to charge you for a full set of replacements.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I talked to the dealership and they weren't sure themselves :shrug:
:tsk::tsk:

C'mon dude, calm yourself and slow down. It wasn't 14 minutes after asking here that you're on the phone asking the dealership.

Until you did that, you could have just turned the car in and crossed your fingers no one noticed the wheels. Now you've alerted everyone to be on the look-out for your car's wheels at the dealership.

OP
OP

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:tsk::tsk:

C'mon dude, calm yourself and slow down. It wasn't 14 minutes after asking here that you're on the phone asking the dealership.

Until you did that, you could have just turned the car in and crossed your fingers no one noticed the wheels. Now you've alerted everyone to be on the look-out for your car's wheels at the dealership.

No, I asked the salesman (who I've purchased from for years at this dealer) last week thinking he would either say "it doesn't make a difference" or " yes, you absolutely need the stockers". However, he couldn't tell me and neither could the sales manager. That's why I'm on here asking if anyone else has been in a similar situation and what they did.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No, I asked the salesman (who I've purchased from for years at this dealer) last week thinking he would either say "it doesn't make a difference" or " yes, you absolutely need the stockers". However, he couldn't tell me and neither could the sales manager. That's why I'm on here asking if anyone else has been in a similar situation and what they did.
All you can do it turn it in and not say anything.

I'd think it would be fine, if they're not gold 12" low-riders with white-walls.

66190d1239226567-does-seeing-riced-out-mustang-bother-you-lowrider-mustang.jpg

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
It doesn't surprise me that people modify leases, but it baffles me that those people would sell off their stock parts... especially the wheels. If you don't have the room to store it, or can't afford a storage unit, you shouldn't be swapping them off.

That said, it shouldn't be difficult to find stock wheels off of craigslist. Really doesn't matter which stock wheels, switch them with a ford oem mustang wheel that fits, and sell your aftermarket wheels.
Sponsored