Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto

awdtsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My dead head system will be cheaper by ~$100-150...my full return with billet rails will be around ~$1,000...it'll be cheaper if you go with the our budget regulator vs aeromotive in the standard kit...but don't quote me 100% on the prices yet, how ever the goal is to get a full return system with rails in the $900-$1000 range and the dead head in the $800-$900 range(both cheaper with budget regulator)
I look forward to this and I am very interested. I just picked up a bone stock 2015 Mustang and plan on going twins over the winter. So if you need a clean slate test mule send me a PM, lol!

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Converting the stock hat to a larger AN style line seems easy but I have not tried it yet. My plan is to use the parts below. I was thinking about going with 10AN feed line and 8AN return so I am good to go when I upgrade to a tripple pump hat down the road. I am wondering if going to a 10AN would be too large a line. I also need to find out what type of HP a 8An will support at 65PSI and how much of a return line is needed.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-16886 (Vibrant Performance Fuel Adapter Fittings 16886) This will convert pump hat 3/8 line to 6AN

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/icb-an894-06-08b (6AN-8AN (ICT Billet Reducer Fittings AN894-06-08B) Use this to convert 6AN to 8AN
You're still flowing fuel through the stock 3/8" port. Will that still be a restriction even with a bigger line? [MENTION=26740]Jn2[/MENTION] did you use this adapter or did you remove it and go all AN from the stock pumps? I was thinking about getting rails w/crossover and just feeding in one rail and out the other versus a Y into each rail, and then each rail into the regulator. I'm just wondering how much more power the bigger feed line/rails will be able to support without upgrading my injectors from 1050x to 1300. [MENTION=17656]higdominator[/MENTION] was leaning out around 7500 at 850rwhp and I believe running the stock feed line through DW95's IIRC.

FYI Sai will not warranty his pumps if you add a filter to them.

Last edited:

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You're still flowing fuel through the stock 3/8" port. Will that still be a restriction even with a bigger line? [MENTION=26740]Jn2[/MENTION] did you use this adapter or did you remove it and go all AN from the stock pumps? I was thinking about getting rails w/crossover and just feeding in one rail and out the other versus a Y into each rail, and then each rail into the regulator. I'm just wondering how much more power the bigger feed line/rails will be able to support without upgrading my injectors from 1050x to 1300. [MENTION=17656]higdominator[/MENTION] was leaning out around 7500 at 850rwhp and I believe running the stock feed line through DW95's IIRC.

You could do that, it wouldn't be hard at all to drill out the hat and add a bulk head fitting in order to go with larger lines. Once this kit gets out I am actually planning on upgrading those GT350 pumps to the new DW400's(which flow 31% more than the Walboro 455's) to help support 1kwhp+ on e85 on a dual set up....but this won't be ti'll later on(if ever)

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
You're still flowing fuel through the stock 3/8" port. Will that still be a restriction even with a bigger line? @Jn2 did you use this adapter or did you remove it and go all AN from the stock pumps? I was thinking about getting rails w/crossover and just feeding in one rail and out the other versus a Y into each rail, and then each rail into the regulator. I'm just wondering how much more power the bigger feed line/rails will be able to support without upgrading my injectors from 1050x to 1300. @higdominator was leaning out around 7500 at 850rwhp and I believe running the stock feed line through DW95's IIRC.

I have to ask why Sai would not stand behind his pumps if we added a inline filter ? If the GT350 uses a inline filter and we are using GT350 pumps I can't see why that would be a problem ..:confused:

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
What micron does it filter
WIX 24004
PRODUCT DETAILS
PARTS DETAIL
Principal Application: Replacement Element for 24003 or 24744 - Can use w/ ethanol or methanol (7 micron)
Style: Fuel Cartridge (Special Type) Filter
Service: Fuel
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 7.937
Outer Diameter: 1.687
Inner Diameter Top: Closed
Inner Diameter Bottom: 0.534
Max Flow Rate: 12 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 7

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
You could do that, it wouldn't be hard at all to drill out the hat and add a bulk head fitting in order to go with larger lines. Once this kit gets out I am actually planning on upgrading those GT350 pumps to the new DW400's(which flow 31% more than the Walboro 455's) to help support 1kwhp+ on e85 on a dual set up....but this won't be ti'll later on(if ever)
Would that 3/8" output from the stock hat still be a restriction though? The 3/8 to AN adapter almost seems too easy. I still have my original single pump/hat assembly in the garage, so I'll take a look at that one.

At some point the injectors are going to be a limiting factor. Not sure how far these 1050's have been pushed.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Would that 3/8" output from the stock hat still be a restriction though? The 3/8 to AN adapter almost seems too easy. I still have my original single pump/hat assembly in the garage, so I'll take a look at that one.

At some point the injectors are going to be a limiting factor. Not sure how far these 1050's have been pushed.
Bulkhead for the feed, on the tank side you route it to the 2 pumps, on the top you route a single line to your rails. Again, only a idea in my head right now, might never come to fruition

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Bulkhead for the feed, on the tank side you route it to the 2 pumps, on the top you route a single line to your rails. Again, only a idea in my head right now, might never come to fruition
So your current setup just uses the 3/8" feed to AN adapter then.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am not an engineer but I am thinks the very short section of 3/8 would impact flow that much. It will be interesting to see how this performs vs fore dual setup. If one of these pumps supports 600whp 2 should do 900

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I am not an engineer but I am thinks the very short section of 3/8 would impact flow that much. It will be interesting to see how this performs vs fore dual setup. If one of these pumps supports 600whp 2 should do 900
I'd like to see how limiting the 3/8 line really is, because that's what everyone says is the limiting factor. Some say you just need bigger injectors. Only way to really find out is to try it I guess. Maybe someone who's starting to run out of fuel up top can try a new feed line with rails and tell us how it changes. haha. I already have a Sai kit and was looking to upgrade my feed line and rails, and go true return to help with vapor lock. And at some point I may need more fuel. Not sure how these 350 pumps do at higher base pressures.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not sure how these 350 pumps do at higher base pressures.
Ask and you shall receive, also I might offer a upgrade kit for you to replace your feed line with a 8AN line and include billet rails, thinking somewhere around $350...this would let you go true return so you won't have to worry about vapor lock
prtn_fh_t23chart.jpg

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Are bigger lines going to overwork these pumps?

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Are bigger lines going to overwork these pumps?
no, larger lines create less friction, less friction = less pressure drop acrcoss the an identical lenght of hose(6an vs 8an). The flow gains would be minimal, on a high pressure EFI system, pressure drop across hose is a lot smaller than it is on a low pressure carb set up. So IF you are only be seeing a 3psi drop on 6AN that is maybe 1.5-2psi on 8AN, you would then need to refer to the pumps flow chart and see how much more flow the 1-1.5psi you just saved will give you. Chances are it's a negligible amount.

best way to know is to measure fuel psi at the pump outlet and then at the rails
Sponsored