Sponsored

What are the 0-60 times for a roush stage 1 supercharger?

Barney 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang supercharged 5.0
New to this stuff, couldn't find answer on google. What kind of 0-60 times can one expect with their stage 1?

And did roush raise the price? I could've sworn the kit was $5000 before.
I have done 4.6 with street tires with traction control on and in sport mode. If I turn it off I just goes up in smoke.
Sponsored

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Question. It seems like everyone is saying it's hard to get decent numbers, like mid to low 3s for the 0-60 with a stage 1-2 supercharger. How are other cars like a corvette or viper doing it. Simply from being a lot lighter I'm guessing?

And is a supercharger not really good for stoplight racing then ?

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
Most really fast cars use a good launch control. Our lc is not that good. Like a gtr or 911. Corvette has one also.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Most really fast cars use a good launch control. Our lc is not that good. Like a gtr or 911. Corvette has one also.
Our LC is a joke haha!

For a laugh I put my car into sport mode, LC engaged at 3000rpm on a dry but cold surface. It just bonfired the rear tyres and had me sideways, kept my foot in it and the LC seemed to do next to nothing to try and calm the rear spin. Slammed into second and just powered through and the car straightened itself with a little counter steering. :)

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If 0-60 is all that matters, save your pennies and buy a 911 Turbo.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Uhh stupid questions. Do the manuals come with launch control?

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

And is a supercharger not really good for stoplight racing then ?
I'm kinda getting the impression the Mustang isn't a good platform to put FI on unless you plan on using it at the track with all the supporting mods. Appears it's only good for 1/4 mile events.

4to8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 A6
I don't think any FI v8 is gonna hook on the street with impressive 0 to 60 times. It takes tires, suspension and seat time.

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm kinda getting the impression the Mustang isn't a good platform to put FI on unless you plan on using it at the track with all the supporting mods. Appears it's only good for 1/4 mile events.
I've only been racing 1/2 mile with mine. I run out of 5th gear before end of track with 3.73 gears, so I'll be changing them. I beat up on all kinds of cars (Vettes, Viper, Lambo, CTS-V, Supra, Camaro, G8, other Mustangs and a few other types of cars...) even though my car topped out at 160 in 5th. I guess it just depends on what you want to do with the car. I don't race on the streets, but do get on it occasionally. It's just a fun car overall with over 700rwhp.

TX302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 auto GT PP
I have a whipple on an A6 and it's extremely fun on the street. Don't plan on tracking it. I've got a 4.0 0-60 with a fairly mild launch to get it rolling and then put the hammer down. Still spun some but lays down the power well on 305's. From a roll, it's a rocket and not many cars on the street are going to hang with you. With some time on the street, you can get a feel for how much throttle you can give it without roasting the tires.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
1/4 mile is a far better reference for acceleration. 0-60 is completely useless IMO. A Stock GTR will do a 2.9 0-60 and not run 10s in the 1/4.
And zero to anything times don't relate to the real world. Nobody "races" to a speed, its always a distance whether a quarter mile, across the intersection, to dead man's curve, etc.. Its usually not the case BUT a car with a faster zero to 60 can race a car with a slower zero to sixty and be looking at its taillights all the way to 60 MPH if the other car has a better zero to x where x is less than 60. Zero to 60 was invented by car mags

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
0-60 is more a function of traction than ultimate power. Generally, AWD cars are the "quickest" to reach 60....Porsche 911, Bugatti Veyron, Nissan GTR, AWD Lamborghinis....etc. A stock VW Golf R might beat a car with 2x the power 0-60 simply because the RWD car will likely convert some of the power into tire smoke in lieu of forward motion.......

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
And zero to anything times don't relate to the real world. Nobody "races" to a speed, its always a distance whether a quarter mile, across the intersection, to dead man's curve, etc.. Its usually not the case BUT a car with a faster zero to 60 can race a car with a slower zero to sixty and be looking at its taillights all the way to 60 MPH if the other car has a better zero to x where x is less than 60. Zero to 60 was invented by car mags

Just to come at it from another direction. Seems like when I'm racing someone, I'm lame enough to just give up around between 60-80 mph depending on where I'm at (not at a track obviously, mexico roads lol). I find myself getting the most excitement I can against a car just taking off from various traffic lights not to a certain point or anything. Most the time it's in straight aways where we both don't know each other or had a chance to discuss where were are racing to, just who is faster for the short fun of it. If I'm leading or loosing by the time I hit 70 I know I've learned all I can and start coasting. Funny, when I first bought my car it was like everyone in the planet wanted to race, but pretty much can't recall the last time it happened. Well there was a big arse diesel truck that I didnt' expect to have to push for 1st place but I got it, lol. So in my case 0-60 or 0-80 mph is kind of where I like to gauge my car.

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump! If anyone has more solid numbers for 0-60. Don't have a track near me. I'm pretty much just a spotlight racer...

And save up for a 911?! That's quite a bit more expensive than a supercharger lol.
Sponsored