Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Got my new setup installed last night. Couldn't be happier! :cheers:

Wheels: Rohana RF1
Front: 20 x 10
Rear: 20 x 11

Tires: Toyo R888
Front: 285/35/20
Rear: 315/30/20
Looks good! I'd say lower the car, but judging by that driveway and your splitter, I don't think that's possible. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Looks good! I'd say lower the car, but judging by that driveway and your splitter, I don't think that's possible. :thumbsup:
not my driveway lol but ya eventually will get lowered! :headbang:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you Lorne. It sucks but really could have been worse. Had it been the drivers side or hit part of my roof and caused body damage, that would REALLY suck. Good news is I have a zero deductible for glass on my insurance policy so no $$$ out of my pocket. It's getting replaced tomorrow morning.
Driving home with the temperature at about 96 degrees and staying off the freeway to keep the speed down, one of the cracks grew about 12 inches, in only 15 minutes!
I hear you Chris....I have been looking at ceramic window tinting. YOu can also get a product for the windshield from Llumar which is zero tint, but blocks UV rays and reduces heat in the cabin. I am only going to do about 35-40% tint on side windows and rear and the clear on the windshield for heat reduction.. there is an add-on for the car insurance policy that covers it in case of glass damage like you experienced.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Took off the H-Pipe system and re-installed the OEM catback. I'm getting a lot faster at removal and installation by myself. :)
what exhaust did you have? are you unhappy with it?

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Swapped my resonated X-pipe for the Corsa double helix X-pipe. Now it's the Xtreme catback :D :D. Absolutely love it.
:headbang:I was waiting to hear how you liked it!.. How would you say it compares to the Corsa Sport? How much louder, raspier? still quiet while crusing and on highway?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How is it in terms of general driving volume? Only loud when you accelerate hard?

I had the Sport catback on mine for 12 months, never heard the Xtreme CB in person, and always wondered how loud it is for a daily driver?
did you switch to the awe touring from the corsa? if so, can I ask why? I have the corsa sports and love them...

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Windows tinted with ceramic tint today.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
How was the install on the decklid?
It was easy but not as easy as I thought. If you do not have plastic pry tools you'll have to get creative, I didn't so I had to muscle it out (despite the V6 not being considered a muscle car). You hear loud pops as it disconnects from the trunk which can be pretty scary because it sounds like something is breaking.
Also the camera, if you are not careful you can end up pulling/ripping the wires out. I suggest you remove the carpeting and disconnect the camera first then remove the stock decklid. You have to transfer the camera lens to the new decklid, then the decklid fits right in.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
It was easy but not as easy as I thought. If you do not have plastic pry tools you'll have to get creative, I didn't so I had to muscle it out (despite the V6 not being considered a muscle car). You hear loud pops as it disconnects from the trunk which can be pretty scary because it sounds like something is breaking.
Also the camera, if you are not careful you can end up pulling/ripping the wires out. I suggest you remove the carpeting and disconnect the camera first then remove the stock decklid. You have to transfer the camera lens to the new decklid, then the decklid fits right in.
And use a straight, not angled, body tool. Push it straight into the gap between panel and trunk. There is no prying involved, and no need to pull the panel out from the trunk, other than just enough to shine a flashlight in there to find the next clip.

The two clips either side of the camera are the hardest, and your thin trunk's slots may have bent out a little, but you can push them back flat with your thumb.

It's not obvious what's best to do until after you've done it once. :frusty:

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
^^ Nice. It's actually very easy to do the install. The biggest thing for me was overcoming the fear of disconnecting the airbag plugs. I did remove the negative terminal on the battery, but I've seen what airbags can do and I was sweating as if I was disabling an IED. After that, it was a 10 min job to swap stuff over. Just torque the center nut down tight.

Fripp64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang GT
usgiorgi

Thanks for the advice...you made me chuckle. I feel the same way about the airbag and therefore having a friend do it who has done several for our friends. I don't want to come anywhere near that airbag unless I'm going head first into a wall at 70 mph.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Having a friend install this new bad boy tomorrow night...
Looks like the CJPP one?? About to buy one, so stoked!
Sponsored