Sponsored

Improving handling on Ecoboost Convertible?

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Hi
I am after some advice on relativity cheap mods that can be made to improve the handling of my Ecoboost Convertible- I don't want to getting car lowered due to the amount of speed bumps locally (previous car was only lowered by 30mm but used to get grounding issues). I know some others have fitted the Steeda IRS Base pack- is this a worthwhile mod on the convertible? Would this help with the general feeling of "wobbliness" at the back sometimes? Any ideas would be welcome but do not want to spend a fortune. I have just got the GT hood vents & would be looking to contact Modurstang to fit these for me along with any suspension upgrade at the same time (plus oil catch can?). Cheers Greg
IMG_0892.jpg
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Oil catch can, go Mishimoto or UPR, we've got an upgraded PCV to the US so either works, US prefer UPR as it comes with a check valve, whereas we don't need it.

As for the above picture, I have all of that... It's a god save, I don't get any wheel hop and the car especially out of corners handles a lot better. I rate it a lot :)

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Oil catch can, go Mishimoto or UPR, we've got an upgraded PCV to the US so either works, US prefer UPR as it comes with a check valve, whereas we don't need it.

As for the above picture, I have all of that... It's a god save, I don't get any wheel hop and the car especially out of corners handles a lot better. I rate it a lot :)
Cheers Steve. I knew you had both the Mishimoto catch can & IRS kit so will probably go this route unless any other recommendations come in. :)

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
The best single item to get -
BMR CB005 - Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit, Level 2
although on a vert you will have to read up on installation, differs from coupe.

Also Steeda strut brace and x brace will help,

These are the best in my mind to improve handling.

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
The best single item to get -
BMR CB005 - Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit, Level 2
although on a vert you will have to read up on installation, differs from coupe.

Also Steeda strut brace and x brace will help,

These are the best in my mind to improve handling.
Forgot to mention already have Steeda Strut brace (& Steeda hood struts) - bought as part of a group buy on here some time ago.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to mention already have Steeda Strut brace (& Steeda hood struts) - bought as part of a group buy on here some time ago.
There's also a few more bits you could look at, under the car, K braces etc to stiffen it up, however out the box the ecoboost handles very well comparatively to the GT.

That being said, there's high reviews on the CB005, but not sure on the wait list for it etc, or the price, so depends how you're playing the wife card ;)!

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
There's also a few more bits you could look at, under the car, K braces etc to stiffen it up, however out the box the ecoboost handles very well comparatively to the GT.

That being said, there's high reviews on the CB005, but not sure on the wait list for it etc, or the price, so depends how you're playing the wife card ;)!
Just looked at the BMR CB005 & does not fit Convertible. Looks like Steeda IRS Base Pack & 2 Point G Trac brace is the way to go :)

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible

Sponsored

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Hi Greg

Definitely the right choices.

I've fitted the following to my convertible:-

Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda Extreme G-Trac Brace
Steeda Ultra-lite Jacking Rails
Steeda IRS Base Pack

In my opinion it has totally transformed the Mustang. Over the years I've owned a few convertibles and with the above fitted the Mustang has none of the body flexing you come to expect. As for handling it is much more predictable and a lot less wheel spin (means I get keep the P-Zeros longer, the only downside :lol:)

Just got the steering wheel, DRL's and rear sequential to save up for - come on [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] pay more tax so my state pension can go up to pay for them ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Greg

Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda IRS Base Pack

In my opinion it has totally transformed the Mustang. Over the years I've owned a few convertibles and with the above fitted the Mustang has none of the body flexing you come to expect. As for handling it is much more predictable and a lot less wheel spin (means I get keep the P-Zeros longer, the only downside :lol:)

Just got the steering wheel, DRL's and rear sequential to save up for - come on @Manders Mustang pay more tax so my state pension can go up to pay for them ;)
I already am on the upper tax band, please don't sting me anymore than needs be otherwise i'll have to be paid through my "company" :clap2::lol:!

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Hi Greg

Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda IRS Base Pack

Just got the steering wheel, DRL's and rear sequential to save up for - come on [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] pay more tax so my state pension can go up to pay for them ;)
Thanks for confirming that I have ordered the right bits. I have just booked the car into Modurstang to get them fitted along with my Hood Vents. :)
IMG_1718.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
^ Jealous as fk :p
Sponsored