So how was your Ford experience today?

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
[MENTION=23824]Nookie[/MENTION] god damnit... I don't really want to trust my guys with doing that :/ But it's the one big of my car that fks me off in the interior. :lol:
If I can get pics tomorrow or Monday I will. Popped in yesterday to the workshop and it's f*cking scary what they've done so far... nearly had a coronary when I saw it :eek: .

Inside of the car forward of the seats is gutted... just the frame of the dashboard and the steering column, which they've confirmed also has to be removed (as it runs through the frame of the dashboard), as well as the air-conditioning and most of the gubbins under the scuttle panel just beneath the windscreen (under the bonnet)...all got to be removed (for access to bolts that hold dashboard in place).

It's apparently 'structural' as well (acts as a sort of brace/tie-bar between the 'A' posts/bulkhead).

They've been working on it since Tuesday lunchtime and were 'hoping' they might get the dashboard out late today (so 3.5 days just to get this far).

Approximate cost to fix this (bearing in mind they charge £75 per hour for labour... although don't know how much they'll charge Ford Warranty... or how much they'll get paid) is likely, including the new RHD dashboard assembly (which is bloody huge and sitting in front of the car in a box the size of Biggie Smalls coffin) which had to be specially shipped from the US, is likely to be in the region of £5-6K.

It's utter madness, and if I'd known this was what was required, or what they were intending to do to fix such a stupidly small mark, I would have lived with it, and they could have perhaps just offered me a token gesture and I would have been happier than seeing what I've seen so far, but Ford never gave me the option.

Nuts that they don't want to underseal Mustangs under warranty (if they can get away with it) but will be shelling out this much to fix a mark the size of a fingernail.

They (or at least the mechanic that's working on it and the service desk guy) seem 100% confident all will be good in the end, but I'll be utterly amazed if I get the car back without replacement marks/damage elsewhere and something not working.

As the mechanic himself mentioned, the dashboard (and most of it's components) are only meant to be one time fit and normally stay in the car from the day it's built to the day it's crushed... so a lot of the clips and fastenings are not designed to be removed/replaced, which is really making things difficult.

I reckon (at current pace), and they didn't indicate otherwise when I asked, that it will be at least Thursday/Friday next week before I get the car back.

I'm really worried at the moment...

My only advice at this point [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] (with regards to you having a similar damage mark) is learn to live with it and love it... and for Christ's sake DON'T EVER contemplate asking Ford to fix it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Sounds laughable that they need to make so many alterations just to repair a bit of damaged trim. You'll return and it'll just be the chassis left.

You mentioned before that someone ignored the original note about the damaged trim, can see now why they did that!

I guess that at least they are repairing it for you and showing willing to get it done whatever the cost. So A for effort :)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I see they've already covered their asses by stating some parts are one fit only, so when you get a rattle, they can say "told you so"!! I assume you asked them to order up all those broken clips so they can replace them?

I'm sure all will be fine.

Last edited:

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
If I can get pics tomorrow or Monday I will. Popped in yesterday to the workshop and it's f*cking scary what they've done so far... nearly had a coronary when I saw it :eek: .

Inside of the car forward of the seats is gutted... just the frame of the dashboard and the steering column, which they've confirmed also has to be removed (as it runs through the frame of the dashboard), as well as the air-conditioning and most of the gubbins under the scuttle panel just beneath the windscreen (under the bonnet)...all got to be removed (for access to bolts that hold dashboard in place).

It's apparently 'structural' as well (acts as a sort of brace/tie-bar between the 'A' posts/bulkhead).

They've been working on it since Tuesday lunchtime and were 'hoping' they might get the dashboard out late today (so 3.5 days just to get this far).

Approximate cost to fix this (bearing in mind they charge £75 per hour for labour... although don't know how much they'll charge Ford Warranty... or how much they'll get paid) is likely, including the new RHD dashboard assembly (which is bloody huge and sitting in front of the car in a box the size of Biggie Smalls coffin) which had to be specially shipped from the US, is likely to be in the region of £5-6K.

It's utter madness, and if I'd known this was what was required, or what they were intending to do to fix such a stupidly small mark, I would have lived with it, and they could have perhaps just offered me a token gesture and I would have been happier than seeing what I've seen so far, but Ford never gave me the option.

Nuts that they don't want to underseal Mustangs under warranty (if they can get away with it) but will be shelling out this much to fix a mark the size of a fingernail.

They (or at least the mechanic that's working on it and the service desk guy) seem 100% confident all will be good in the end, but I'll be utterly amazed if I get the car back without replacement marks/damage elsewhere and something not working.

As the mechanic himself mentioned, the dashboard (and most of it's components) are only meant to be one time fit and normally stay in the car from the day it's built to the day it's crushed... so a lot of the clips and fastenings are not designed to be removed/replaced, which is really making things difficult.

I reckon (at current pace), and they didn't indicate otherwise when I asked, that it will be at least Thursday/Friday next week before I get the car back.

My only advice at this point [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] (with regards to you having a similar damage mark) is learn to live with it and love it... and for Christ's sake DON'T EVER contemplate asking Ford to fix it.
I can only imagine what you're going through right now. I'd probably want to be placed in an induced coma until it was over as I wouldn't be able to sleep with worry knowing what they were doing to my car. My puddle lamp has gone all quasimodo on me today and it fills me with dread letting them fix that. I hope you get it back as new but knowing what I do about Ford techs I won't hold my breath. :faint:

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic

Look at it this way, if everything does not go back together 100% perfect then at least Ford will have to do something about it. I feel the pain but bear with it, they will have to get it perfect or you just reject the work and refuse to sign it off. If you do that then they won't get paid via warranty I would think?

Sponsored

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Got a £1 key fob in a goodie bag from them in my service... doesn't bloody fit in the trollies as it's bigger than a £1 coin!

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Got a £1 key fob in a goodie bag from them in my service... doesn't bloody fit in the trollies as it's bigger than a £1 coin!
Likely a 1 Euro coin size.

Never mind... handy for any trips away until the EU collapses!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Likely a 1 Euro coin size.

Never mind... handy for any trips away until the EU collapses!
Until then, woo ;)! :lol::lol:

How's the car looking now / what's the update?

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Busy day work-wise so not managed to get round there today, but going there first thing tomorrow.

Thankfully the weekend weather was sh!t here... so didn't miss out on the Mustang enjoyment front which made things easier.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Currently trying to book mine in to the right dealer!

Need the gearbox out and taking apart to replace what is likely to be the input shaft bearing.

My local Basingstoke branch have booked me into their Farnborough branch as they're a Transit centre and therefore have the right tools to be able dismantle the box (same MT82 box apparently).

Called them and the service guy was surprised to hear Ford do a manual Mustang. :frusty:

Called the Guildford branch (the actual FordStore dealer in the company) to clarify that that's the reason I've been booked into a Transit dealership that, by their own admission, have never seen, never mind worked on a Mustang.

I'm starting to think about just taking it to Modurstang and paying for it out of my own pocket.

This is on top of having to reject a £13K Mondeo I bought from a Ford dealer last week as it threw a fit less than 24hrs into my ownership.

So all in all, my Ford experience over the last week or so has been less than stellar! :lol:

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Currently trying to book mine in to the right dealer!

Need the gearbox out and taking apart to replace what is likely to be the input shaft bearing.

My local Basingstoke branch have booked me into their Farnborough branch as they're a Transit centre and therefore have the right tools to be able dismantle the box (same MT82 box apparently).

Called them and the service guy was surprised to hear Ford do a manual Mustang. :frusty:

Called the Guildford branch (the actual FordStore dealer in the company) to clarify that that's the reason I've been booked into a Transit dealership that, by their own admission, have never seen, never mind worked on a Mustang.

I'm starting to think about just taking it to Modurstang and paying for it out of my own pocket.

This is on top of having to reject a £13K Mondeo I bought from a Ford dealer last week as it threw a fit less than 24hrs into my ownership.

So all in all, my Ford experience over the last week or so has been less than stellar! :lol:
Taking mine into Guildford next Monday, 07.30 for a while you wait service so I can watch them through the window. They do an underbody video at the start of the service, should be interesting viewing.

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
Picked up my GT a few days ago and a frigging love it oddly I've seen about two GT convertibles since owning the car.

My only problem was that they DRILLED THE FRIGGING BUMPER. My dealer apparently told them twice and the dips hits did it anyway. He promised to get it fixed but I really don't know how they will be able to sort it as it's already been drilled and I wanted a eu sto n sho.

Lucky I didn't buy one for when I got the car.

No freebies with the vehicle apart from half a tank of gas which was cool, they did not have the mustang key rings but I have been promised that I'll be getting two of them.

To be honest the dealer seemed capable it just seems communication between different people screws everything up.

That being said I love the car get loads of compliments from people and it's great to drive in sunny weather like today. I literally feel like Michael Knight out of Knightrider when ever I drive the car which is great.

At the moment I don't mind the stock exhaust and I'm probably going to do 1000 miles on it before I decide what I want to change about the vehicle. Most likely will be getting new tyres first
IMG_20170304_134913_615.jpg

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
All guns blazing demanding a new bumper. All Ford dealerships are fucking morons. Don't worry you're not alone. We've all been there in one form or another.