Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I hate to pimp my own video, but ironically it's a perfect example. The h-pipe testing was done without the JMS PedalMAX. The x-pipe testing was done coincidentally with the JMS PedalMAX.

Go to 3:45 to hear the differences. Both the h-pipe and x-pipe WOT testing was the pedal being slammed all the way down as fast as I can.

As far as driveability, it is hard to describe without actually using one. With a manual, 3.73, and a tune it made the throttle twitchy in 1st and 2nd gear on the street if you are not careful with it in sport/track mode. If you had a manual with longer gears or an automatic then I imagine you wouldn't have an issue.

Alternatively, you could (if he is willing) have your tuner change the throttle sensitivity tables. I am not sure if there are hardcoded limits where you could not replicate the throttle sensitivity to the likes of the JMS PedalMAX, but it is definitely able to be edited to some degree.

EDIT

To add, it's not much that there is lag with the stock tune and setup, it's just performs the way it is setup.

For example, if you press your foot all the way down then the throttle blade will open up to 100%. With the JMS PedalMAX, it does the same thing, it just snaps open quicker.
Exactly, and you cannot simulate this by pressing the pedal "faster" or "harder" .
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'll just have to take your word for it. But I' don't sense any lag in the throttle, and I came from a 750hp GT500 to this car. Give, no where near as fast.
I'm neither for or against it, just trying to give an honest opinion. I was planning on taking it off anyway because I felt it was a little too much with the 3.73's/tune and stop and go driving. My car is in the shop for FI right now and I will be taking it off definitely when I get it back.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I'll just have to take your word for it. But I' don't sense any lag in the throttle, and I came from a 750hp GT500 to this car. Give, no where near as fast.
No lag? Maybe because you are lund tuned? What effect did the lund tune have on throttle response?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Not really sure. I had the Lund tune in place before I had 100 miles on the clock. But it feels snappy enough, and with the nannies off I can break the tires loose at part throttle in 2nd gear as soon as I push the accelerator in.

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
I still have a "lag" and I have a Lund tune....went back & forth with Lund for a long time...never fixed it still got "Lag"

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I can confirm the Lund tune does increase throttle response over the stock tune. I believe most tuners up the throttle sensitivity over stock, at least in sport/track mode.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I have the Sprint Booster, which does the same thing as the Pedalmax. Think of it this way, stock feels more like the pedal actuates the throttle blade via a rubber band (to me). The pedalmax or Sprint Booster feels like the pedal actuates the throttle blade via a steel cable. Gives the car a more cable operated throttle feel.

Furious D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/PP
Was at the dealer today signing over the title on my EB buyback and was only planning on ordering a set of Roush heat extractors and AB exhaust.

They had both in stock!

Working on the install now that it's cooled off a little.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Loaded my version 8 Livernois tune. Pretty pleased!

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Just installed a Roush axle-back. VERY happy with the sound.

Sponsored

Gremlinsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
727 roush
Removed my stock gtpp exhaust that has two flow
Master mufflers grafted into it and started the install of the ark performance grip

Any one in Houston area want my old system? If not scrap yard bound

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Got an alignment at fancy Mercedes dealership lol.

ks_s550

Saini GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Blacked out the front pony and color matched the rear GT badge. Previously had the Coyote howler badge on the rear decklid but wasn't in love with it.
IMG-20160813-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20160813-WA0000.jpg
Sponsored