Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What does E85 do to the engine. Why would Ford make it compatibleb to begin with?
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
checked their website, didn't specify weather at the time but a 2016 Camaro SS hit 400hp at the wheels, and with 7psi ended up with 540. looked like the same dyno.

I wonder if there is any more to be had with the FP throttle body, or 2.75 exhaust mufflers.
I wish someone like accufab would make the 100mm throttle body. I'm so tired of ford performance teasing with all the stuff they mention and they drop the ball. It's been almost a year and still not a single performance part. Ok woopie oil catch cans and a gt350R rear seat delete. I bought the R seat delete from the dealer before ford performance even talked about offering it. A larger 100mm tb and a CAI tube that retains the oem filter box would be nice. I have the JLT and it's just collecting dust in my garage. I didn't see enough gains on the dyno to convince me to keep it. IMO it's ugly and I actually like the stock ones looks better. Please someone make a damn 100mm tb. Months ago I considered a hogan fabricated intake, but I'm not dropping 3-5K on a intake unless I know it's going to give substantial gains. If I seen a 100mm tb offered Today I would buy it in a heartbeat!

G-FORCE

PATRIOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
MANY
Looks to be right in line with others on the corn. Mine put down 498 / 402 torque on 93 pump with full American Racing Exhaust and a preliminary lund tune on a NGauge. No I have not data logged and re-tuned, might be some left but for now it is safe and runs well for a N/A car at 3650lbs.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wish someone like accufab would make the 100mm throttle body. I'm so tired of ford performance teasing with all the stuff they mention and they drop the ball. It's been almost a year and still not a single performance part. Ok woopie oil catch cans and a gt350R rear seat delete. I bought the R seat delete from the dealer before ford performance even talked about offering it. A larger 100mm tb and a CAI tube that retains the oem filter box would be nice. I have the JLT and it's just collecting dust in my garage. I didn't see enough gains on the dyno to convince me to keep it. IMO it's ugly and I actually like the stock ones looks better. Please someone make a damn 100mm tb. Months ago I considered a hogan fabricated intake, but I'm not dropping 3-5K on a intake unless I know it's going to give substantial gains. If I seen a 100mm tb offered Today I would buy it in a heartbeat!
A throttle body is basically the only performance part I'm super excited for and hoping it gets released. It's pretty widely accepted that the throttle body is the biggest bottleneck on the Voodoo. I fully believe that a 100mm (half inch bigger than stock, remember everyone) would add 10 - 15 lb ft of torque across the entire curve and also smooth out the dip at 2500 - 3000 RPM too.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
A throttle body is basically the only performance part I'm super excited for and hoping it gets released. It's pretty widely accepted that the throttle body is the biggest bottleneck on the Voodoo. I fully believe that a 100mm (half inch bigger than stock, remember everyone) would add 10 - 15 lb ft of torque across the entire curve and also smooth out the dip at 2500 - 3000 RPM too.
I agree completely. Some throttle body manufacturer should of jumped on this a year ago.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
FP said they were doing one. I guess getting GT350 parts out to the GT crowd was the priority. With a larger group of potential customers and all.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
also smooth out the dip at 2500 - 3000 RPM too.
That can be done with cam timing too. If you look at this graph and one and compare from some others you'll see the dip in hp here isn't nearly as pronounced.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
3-5K for an INTAKE!? :eyebulge: lord jesus LOL

Do we know for certain that the TB is a big restriction for these engines? Am very new to NA, all my past cars have been turbocharged, so the TB was literally almost never a modification. Assuming this is a much bigger deal on NA engines??

EDIT: Saw nastangs post, be interesting indeed if Ford offered this upgrade such that it wouldn't affect our factory warranty!

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Hogan is well worth the money if you're purely after performance, they make some of the best manifolds available. You'll see them on many Pro Stock as well as Comp Eliminator engines. It's what we ran in C\ED. Their manifolds are a work of art, IMHO.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Do we know for certain that the TB is a big restriction for these engines? Am very new to NA, all my past cars have been turbocharged, so the TB was literally almost never a modification. Assuming this is a much bigger deal on NA engines??

EDIT: Saw nastangs post, be interesting indeed if Ford offered this upgrade such that it wouldn't affect our factory warranty!
Hogan intakes are works of art. Each one is custom made for your set up. I only waited because ford performance at the time said it was in the works for a 92 and 100mm tb. That was months ago.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
This is 93 vs. e85. Per Corbin who tuned the car at Fathouse.

This is similar power to Swednesky 4hp variation who I believe is running catless. The main difference I believe would be heat as this car was tuned in a hotter environment based off the date on Swednesky's dyno sheet.

Variation between the two cars across the country is minimal, torque is quite different in peak numbers but also on two different style dyno's.

So I think it's safe to say on e85 with longtubes, intake and full exhaust you are looking at 525whp. What I find extra interesting is both of these cars on this combination make more torque than the procharged car :)
In essence e85 is worth 25 hp over 93? So for those of us cursed with 91 more like 35 hp.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
ARH seem to get most folks a couple more HP, I wonder If someone will break the 526 mark soon?
Looks to be right in line with others on the corn. Mine put down 498 / 402 torque on 93 pump with full American Racing Exhaust and a preliminary lund tune on a NGauge. No I have not data logged and re-tuned, might be some left but for now it is safe and runs well for a N/A car at 3650lbs.
This is 93 vs. e85. Per Corbin who tuned the car at Fathouse.

This is similar power to Swednesky 4hp variation who I believe is running catless. The main difference I believe would be heat as this car was tuned in a hotter environment based off the date on Swednesky's dyno sheet.

Variation between the two cars across the country is minimal, torque is quite different in peak numbers but also on two different style dyno's.

So I think it's safe to say on e85 with longtubes, intake and full exhaust you are looking at 525whp. What I find extra interesting is both of these cars on this combination make more torque than the procharged car :)
Pretty similar, however I have the factory air intake, as far as I know that is the only difference.

Here is my Dyno sheet for reference:

I am hoping to see some more performance parts out soon, I want to achieve 550whp next.

Also I was 466 baseline on 91 and 511.8 tuned on 91.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
In essence e85 is worth 25 hp over 93? So for those of us cursed with 91 more like 35 hp.
Yea. Big gain over 91 for sure. This particular car is true flex fuel capable according to the tuner which makes it nice.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Yea. Big gain over 91 for sure. This particular car is true flex fuel capable according to the tuner which makes it nice.
I have flex fuel as well and am a lot less than that difference. Only a ~14hp difference from 91 to e85.
Sponsored