Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III
I've been doing a lot of research on different wheels and just can't find something I like. I want something different outside of the common 5 spoke style. I've looked at Velegen, vossen, and all those "V" brands I can't spell. I was thinking maybe a JDM style or Euro Style step lip wheel. Haven't seen many GTs with them tho so can't picture what they look like fitment wise. I need some opinion and pictures if anyone has any. Thanks.
Yes it was Vossen and now everything is "V' something:D....It maybe confusing but we make low pressure cast, Flow Formed Technology, Vossen x Work Wheels and our flagship Vossen Forged lineup. No other "V" company is close to what we offer in regards to a full lineup of the highest quality wheels available.

You asked for JDM style and we are the only brand here that offers a very exclusive and amazing partnership with Work Wheels Japan. The Vossen x Work series is designed and engineered by Vossen in the USA and built in Japan by Work Wheels. I've been lucky enough to visit all their factories to see our wheels being made.

This is true JDM and we have a few Mustang owners on these wheels. We offer traditional Mustang fitments as well as the option to custom build your set!

We offer three distinct styles, step lip or flat lip, various colors and lip finishes. Here is Brian's as an example (click here for his thread)

26181195524_ba83ce6ef6_b.jpg

26514135000_c8e9e2edc7_b.jpg
Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
Hey man i hear you on the vossen velgen varoswhatever...they post something up and everybody have drooling orgasms and im here like what? Its their millionth 5 spoke lookalike!!!! But to easch his own i guess... so heres what i did

27330937595_cefed55e57_b.jpg

Theyre concave like everything seems to be these days, but also have that step lip and exposed hardware look i like a lot. My car is DIB so theyll look amazing, at least in my mind they do. Theyll go on in a week or so
Can't wait to see it! I'm buying these for mine in Slate Grey. I like that they emulate a lip due to the exposed hardware as well. Kind of a best of both worlds. The Rohana RC7's are virtually the same wheel but just look a bit more boring imo.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
People really don't understand what a JDM wheel style is vs an American style, or a Euro style.

And nobody asked for a "race car looking wheel" for sure...lol. But as is usual, most just wanna post what they have, because they're proud of their ride.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27672
[MENTION=15427]OxfordPP[/MENTION] has a great example of a JDM wheel on our chassis.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Since I was the first one to custom order my WORK wheels, which we all know are JDM wheels.

I will keep this thread inline and post some pictures of the inside of my wheels just to show how beautiful they are and why they command the price they do.
inside1.jpg
inside2.jpg
TPMS.jpg
work3.jpg
work5.jpg

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Todd you have unarguably the best JDM wheel setup on an S550. A wheel with a lip can definitely look good on this platform but I feel a style with less spokes looks better like yours. The styling of the S550 doesn't lend as well to a mesh style wheel like the CCW Classic or BBS mesh wheels.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Todd you have unarguably the best JDM wheel setup on an S550. A wheel with a lip can definitely look good on this platform but I feel a style with less spokes looks better like yours. The styling of the S550 doesn't lend as well to a mesh style wheel like the CCW Classic or BBS mesh wheels.
Thanks man! I really appreciate that compliment:thumbsup:

I agree on the mesh style and the S550. They don't go well together. I am a huge CCW fan and loved them on the 03-04 Cobras. Beautiful wheels that are built with amazing quality, too.

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're very welcome! In all fairness yourself and S550_Sema on IG (unsure of his name on here) are tied because you guys are running the same wheels haha. Killer setups again though.

I think the CCW on the New Edge were just the ultimate wheel for the Cobra, they just fit so well especially with the 315s out back. The S550 just doesn't have the same aggression with 315s because the body is a bit bigger overall but I'm glad they fit!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
You're very welcome! In all fairness yourself and S550_Sema on IG (unsure of his name on here) are tied because you guys are running the same wheels haha. Killer setups again though.

I think the CCW on the New Edge were just the ultimate wheel for the Cobra, they just fit so well especially with the 315s out back. The S550 just doesn't have the same aggression with 315s because the body is a bit bigger overall but I'm glad they fit!
He is running the WORK Emotion CR ultimate (Kiwami) so its a bit different style and manufacturing process but similar looks.

Agree on everything you said about the new edge.

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He is running the WORK Emotion CR ultimate (Kiwami) so its a bit different style and manufacturing process but similar looks.

Agree on everything you said about the new edge.
Ah I had a feeling they might just be similar and not the same wheel exactly. Nice to know you are each probably the only ones out there with your setups then.

Side note, you have the Solo Mach Thunder right? I think I saw that you posted in the Solo review thread. How do you like it? I met a local recently (Assclown on here) and he has the Thunder setup. I've been leaning towards the Street Race setup as I want the volume but I'll see when the time comes next spring.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mag_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic (Base Model w/ Recaro)
Yes it was Vossen and now everything is "V' something:D....It maybe confusing but we make low pressure cast, Flow Formed Technology, Vossen x Work Wheels and our flagship Vossen Forged lineup. No other "V" company is close to what we offer in regards to a full lineup of the highest quality wheels available.

You asked for JDM style and we are the only brand here that offers a very exclusive and amazing partnership with Work Wheels Japan. The Vossen x Work series is designed and engineered by Vossen in the USA and built in Japan by Work Wheels. I've been lucky enough to visit all their factories to see our wheels being made.

This is true JDM and we have a few Mustang owners on these wheels. We offer traditional Mustang fitments as well as the option to custom build your set!

We offer three distinct styles, step lip or flat lip, various colors and lip finishes. Here is Brian's as an example (click here for his thread)

I've been looking at those but can't find any distributors for those wheels... I really really really like these (maybe a different finish but the model is amazing)
80-vossen_x_work_series_vws_1_vossen_wheels_2016_1010_9c8c539ebad1fef831986a5a8afb70ae5f9feaea.jpg

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

well...... you got me there Mike lol, you guys do have a partnership with the gods of all time JDM wheels, good thing our name dont start with a " V " lol.
I just dont post because most of our wheels that are considered near JDM is actually on the VIP crowed. so ill stay away from this thread :D

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III
I've been looking at those but can't find any distributors for those wheels... I really really really like these (maybe a different finish but the model is amazing)
80-vossen_x_work_series_vws_1_vossen_wheels_2016_1010_9c8c539ebad1fef831986a5a8afb70ae5f9feaea.jpg
Hey email [email protected] and tell them I sent you so we can assist you. :cheers:

well...... you got me there Mike lol, you guys do have a partnership with the gods of all time JDM wheels, good thing our name dont start with a " V " lol.
I just dont post because most of our wheels that are considered near JDM is actually on the VIP crowed. so ill stay away from this thread :D
hahahaha....:headbang:

DoingOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium, Recaros & PP
Mine are extra JDM.....I skipped the middleman and had someone in Japan buy them for me off the Japanese Yahoo site. :bolt:

.....and saved me several hundred dollars in the process. :thumbsup:

So from what I've seen, I think there are only 4 people with real JDM wheels here?
Sponsored