Sponsored

Upgrading stock GT350 Stereo and more

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I watched the excellent hour+ long Town and Country Ford Sync3 tutorial today. I mention this only because I didn't realize you could simulataneously adjust the balance and fader by moving the sound focal point on the touchscreen. I also didn't realize that Spotify has an equalizer. Tweaking these two adjustments resulted in a substantial improvement in sound quality.
Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I watched the excellent hour+ long Town and Country Ford Sync3 tutorial today. I mention this only because I didn't realize you could simulataneously adjust the balance and fader by moving the sound focal point on the touchscreen. I also didn't realize that Spotify has an equalizer. Tweaking these two adjustments resulted in a substantial improvement in sound quality.
Are you streaming Spotify via Bluetooth to Sync3? Too bad Sirius compresses the chit out of their stations, otherwise, it might not be too bad. FM definitely sounds better to me.

Don't have Spotify, is it better than Sirius?

davidnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT
Did you do the work or was it by chance Earmark?

Earmark was pointing me to what I think are the Audison speakers you have. A coax speaker for the back and the 6.5" component for the doors and pillars.

I'm not going to do anything else except change the speakers. They sounded pretty good at the store of course, but not sure if $600 of speakers with the stock Track Pack radio will be worth it. The sounded much better then the Hertz speakers... but not sure if the Audison are overkill for the stock base radio.

With other bits and pieces and labor, its $1000.

Just not sure If it is worth it...

I would not mind giving a try at doing it myself. I'm more of a mechanic than interior audio person. That would save some money. I just don't no have difficult or forgiving the interior bits are on this car.

I'm wondering if theses will work to adapt the speakers to the Ford openings in both the doors and rear tray.
http://metraonline.com/part/82-5605
Yes ....Earmark Plano did the work.....very happy overall....

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
i have the tech pack, left the stock radio in, added the jl audio rear sub and all jl audio speakers with an amp. it sounds really clear now! was worth it for me!
This is what I am looking to do without the sub. I just want to replace speakers and add an amp. Do you have a recommendation for components to get that accomplished?

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Are you streaming Spotify via Bluetooth to Sync3? Too bad Sirius compresses the chit out of their stations, otherwise, it might not be too bad. FM definitely sounds better to me.

Don't have Spotify, is it better than Sirius?
I access Spotify via BT and it is a THOUSAND times better than Sirius. You can adjust the streaming quality to "Extreme" which is 320 kbits/s. This improves the sound quality, especially bass, tremendously.

Sponsored

VoodooShelby

What a bad_ss car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I access Spotify via BT and it is a THOUSAND times better than Sirius. You can adjust the streaming quality to "Extreme" which is 320 kbits/s. This improves the sound quality, especially bass, tremendously.
That is the kinda info I like. Haven't got my car yet but when I do I will try this out. Thanks :cheers:

Nazaar33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2006 Infinity M45, 2009 Nissan GTR, 2015 F150
i have the tech pack, left the stock radio in, added the jl audio rear sub and all jl audio speakers with an amp. it sounds really clear now! was worth it for me!
I did exactly the same as you did..however now I am dealing with alternator whine. :-(.

Have not been able to solve yet with noise filters or checking all the grounds. Any tips you have are greatly appreciated!!

Mike

Limey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Upgrading audio in my 16 GT350

I ran into issues with the noise cancellation software from the factory head unit on my upgrade and we ended up having to completely remove the 4 channel amp.
Got a weird noise through the speakers that sounded like George Jetson's space craft when I started driving and couldn't eliminate it no matter what we did.
I ended up with just replacing the factory speakers, kept the LC6i sound processor and 500w mono amp for the sup. Sounds better but the factory head unit doesn't drive the Kappa 100w coaxial speakers. Pretty disappointing.

Limey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
My installer also tested the Active Noise Control issue by plugging in an iphone directly to the amp wires from behind the head unit and the noise went away completely while driving so we determined the source of the noise was coming from the head unit itself and not the routing of the wires to the trunk. FYI

Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
im not sure what my installer did, but have not ever got any engine noise or whining from mine, running the LC6I, Amp, then speakers and sub. Only issue ive ever had happened twice, started car and somehow the remote turn on did not turn on the amp, so only had very low sound from the front center speaker(they did not hook that to the amp, left it alone). All i had to do was turn off car, open door to make sure radio went off, then restart and it was fine.

Limey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Wish that were the case with my installation. Can you give me list of all the components that you installed including the speakers, amp, sub amp, and sub? I have the LC6I.
I should get the same results unless Ford changed something in the cars manufactured in 2016. Also did the installers leave your cabin mic active for hands free calling?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
Wish that were the case with my installation. Can you give me list of all the components that you installed including the speakers, amp, sub amp, and sub? I have the LC6I.
I should get the same results unless Ford changed something in the cars manufactured in 2016. Also did the installers leave your cabin mic active for hands free calling?
yes, cabin mic left alone, all works fine, hand free, talking to sync, etc. the put in the LC6I, JL Audio HD 900/5 amp, JL Audio C3-650 speakers in rear, JL Audio C5-650 in front-even put the tweeter in factory location in pillar. Ordered JL Audio stealthbox sub fit for the car. Only other thing i saw they use was just some standard wiring kit and hooked some power directly on the battery. They ran new wires from amp to speakers, mounted amp and LC6I in the spare tire well at my request. I have sync 3 in my 2016, everything works, phone, voice commands, etc. Name of the place was Motor Trendz in Peoria, AZ, 623-249-6819, Javier was main person if you want to call, tell them Art said to call and was the first GT350 they did.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)