Sponsored

Ford, Shelby American and "limp mode" cooling concerns

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
No offense and sounds awesome for all those Tech/base cars out there, but just a reminder that until something is actually offered for sale, everything said is just words... vaporware.

I have no doubt something will come out eventually, but I would reserve excitement until there's a price and shipper tracking number in hand.
I agree with you 100%. It seems like most of what we hear is either rumor or speculation. No company has a made an official announcement. Anyone can say we are working on it but it may never happen.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I agree with you 100%. It seems like most of what we hear is either rumor or speculation. No company has a made an official announcement. Anyone can say we are working on it but it may never happen.
You are correct and I would be happy not to post if that is what the group wants

hal_farthead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT350 - Tech pkg
You are correct and I would be happy not to post if that is what the group wants
I personally will take any early info I can get so I can make a better informed decision about a 2017 before all the allocations are spoken for.

Thanks Tim!

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
So the Track Pack and R both have the Tranny fluid coolers and for the most part run fine? It is the Base model and Tech Pack that do not have the coolers and end up in Limp Mode on the track? What is stopping people from getting the R or Track Pack coolers installed on their 350?

Once again, Ford has produced an awesome Limited Edition vehicle with an Achilles Heel. The Boss, my car, has the crap MT-82 Tranny that won't shift easily into gear at high RPM's. My Boss is probably my last Ford, they worry about saving a dime on Halo cars instead of making them work for their intended purpose.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I think every manufacturers's high performance car has an Achilles heel so to speak... some are major while some are minor tidbits. For the most part, I wouldn't let any of these deter/stop me from chasing/buying a car I personally really like or want.

Gomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Shelby GT500 KR, 2016 Shelby GT350
What is stopping people from getting the R or Track Pack coolers installed on the 350?
Cooler pump is internal on Track Pack and R cars... And nothing is keeping us from adding a trans cooler once there is one available.. Right now there is not.

Gomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think every manufacturers's high performance car has an Achilles heel so to speak... some are major while some are minor tidbits. For the most part, I wouldn't let any of these deter/stop me from chasing/buying a car I personally really like or want.
:amen: I have dropped some pretty serious coin on my C7Z getting coolant and oil temps down. And this on what GM claimed was their most track capable Vette ever. Also, we had to wait for the after market to produce solutions.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Cooler pump is internal on Track Pack and R cars... And nothing is keeping us from adding a trans cooler once there is one available.. Right now there is not.
Ah, so it is inside the tranny and not something that can be just bolted on?

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
:amen: I have dropped some pretty serious coin on my C7Z getting coolant and oil temps down. And this on what GM claimed was their most track capable Vette ever. Also, we had to wait for the after market to produce solutions.
I hear you loud & clear on that one... I enjoyed my C7 Z06 but the reliability for track use was its Achilles heel. I'm not sure if you followed my thread but at least I was able to not only recoup but also gain on the GM buyback I went through. I do miss having my Z06 but I I'll wait & see how if any improvements are made. At least my replacement isn't too shabby. Anyway the bottom line in regards to this topic is that we all hope that Ford will come out with a very viable resolution soon.

Sponsored

TRACK CRAZY GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2010 VW GTI, 2016 Mustang GT350
Sorry, looks like you took my comment the wrong way. I appreciate your info. but I would really like to hear an official comment from Ford or an aftermarket company.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I think having a tranny on a track car like the Boss, that won't shift into gear at high RPM's is far from minor. On a Fiesta SE, might be fine, but not on a Boss....

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Not trying to be argumentative or dismissive but Is there any reason you cannot install any number of aftermarket coolers on the car? I suspect both the rear and the trans would be far better cooled with larger aftermarket coolers than what the R or track pack have.

The only difference between this car and any other mustang is that this one has a computer that shuts it down. There has to be some tune to disable or extend the temp limit. Everything else just runs hot. Like 340+ degrees hot on a 30 min or so session.

Don't fear an aftermarket cooler. It's not a bad setup.

Gomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear you loud & clear on that one... I enjoyed my C7 Z06 but the reliability for track use was its Achilles heel. I'm not sure if you followed my thread but at least I was able to not only recoup but also gain on the GM buyback I went through. I do miss having my Z06 but I I'll wait & see how if any improvements are made. At least my replacement isn't too shabby. Anyway the bottom line in regards to this topic is that we all hope that Ford will come out with a very viable resolution soon.
Guess I didn't see that thread. I like mine enough to mod it. DeWitts radiator and now DeWitts external oil cooler. I have run it at COTA with the new radiator and it made a big difference on coolant temps but engine oil temp was still high. Haven't had a chance to track it since the new forward mounted engine cooler but I'm pretty sure that it will make a big difference. Love the CC brakes...

They all have things about them that we wish were better. If you really like the car, fix it. If you don't, do what you did and be super happy if you don't lose money getting rid of it.

Gomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not trying to be argumentative or dismissive but Is there any reason you cannot install any number of aftermarket coolers on the car? I suspect both the rear and the trans would be far better cooled with larger aftermarket coolers than what the R or track pack have.

The only difference between this car and any other mustang is that this one has a computer that shuts it down. There has to be some tune to disable or extend the temp limit. Everything else just runs hot. Like 340+ degrees hot on a 30 min or so session.

Don't fear an aftermarket cooler. It's not a bad setup.
Doood !! I don't EVEN fear the aftermarket. Bring it on! If you have info on an aftermarket trans cooler for my Tech Pack GT350, please do tell. I had no problem at all going aftermarket for cooling on my Z06/Z07. Glad I did, even if GM is saying it voids my 100,000 mile warranty.
Sponsored