Sponsored

Whipple Finally Running but Have Questions

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
After having to take a day off of work to fix my SCT issue I finally got my car running. On first start up I noticed the new fans weren't running. I remember reading to make sure the fuse was the right size. I checked it and sure enough it was a 10amp and it was blown, replaced it with a 20 and fans kicked on. Now my question is there only one fuse I needed to replace or is there another fuse that needs to be replaced? Second question, is there any special way of bleeding the engine coolant or the coolant for the intercooler? Thanks guys for all the help to get me through this install with very minimal problems.
Sponsored

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
The fuse should be 25 from what they said to me, I had the same issue. Just run the car and add coolant as needed.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Although the 20 should hold I think you could slap a 25 in there.

I didn't have to burp mine I just ran it and added coolant when/if needed.

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
I had to do the same in mine. The provided fuse isn't big enough. I use a 25. Also I ran mine for a few days and noticed the coolant level is low due to it cycling through. That is completely normal just go to your local auto parts store and pick up the kind recommended in the install guild 50/50 distilled water and fill on your own.

OP
OP

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Just took it out for the first time and it ran good and didn't throw any codes. However, any time I would put it in neutral and coast it would idle around 2k rpms and if I revved it up it would drop down to about 1500 rpms and then idle at 2k again. Whenever I came to a complete stop it idled completely fine. Anyone know what I can check to fix this problem?

Sponsored

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
Just took it out for the first time and it ran good and didn't throw any codes. However, any time I would put it in neutral and coast it would idle around 2k rpms and if I revved it up it would drop down to about 1500 rpms and then idle at 2k again. Whenever I came to a complete stop it idled completely fine. Anyone know what I can check to fix this problem?
Works with speed sensor and is normal.

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
After having to take a day off of work to fix my SCT issue I finally got my car running. On first start up I noticed the new fans weren't running. I remember reading to make sure the fuse was the right size. I checked it and sure enough it was a 10amp and it was blown, replaced it with a 20 and fans kicked on. Now my question is there only one fuse I needed to replace or is there another fuse that needs to be replaced? Second question, is there any special way of bleeding the engine coolant or the coolant for the intercooler? Thanks guys for all the help to get me through this install with very minimal problems.

Is this the fuse in question?

FullSizeRender.jpg

OP
OP

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
The fuse I'm talking about came encased on its own next to the relay for the fans.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I had the 10 fuse to,which is right next to the relay,not in the fuse box but I have the complete kit ,not the competition kit, put a 25 in case it burns up again but should hold on 20,and check that the coolant is flowing while engine in idle, its easily noticeable on the Ic reservoir,I had to add a lil bit for atleast 4 times

Sponsored

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the 10 fuse to,which is right next to the relay,not in the fuse box but I have the complete kit ,not the competition kit, put a 25 in case it burns up again but should hold on 20,and check that the coolant is flowing while engine in idle, its easily noticeable on the Ic reservoir,I had to add a lil bit for atleast 4 times
I check my coolant once a week. You will refill it a few times the first few weeks, then check it once a month.

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
engine coolant wise i filled it once and its been good but the heat exchanger/intercooler coolant i fill pretty much every time i take the car out. usually have to add a cup or two to top it off. no leaks so it must just take awhile to work its way into everything.

itzqwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium pp 401a
where should coolant level be cold...my filler neck has arrow for up & down mark.....should level be at least at bottom of arrow mark cold....(whipple setup)

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Do you use the same coolant in the IC as what is used in the radiator? I assume this answer is yes, as it looks like my radiator and IC coolant are both the Ford orange 50/50 coolant. Just curious to verify though.

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use the same Zerex G-05 and Distilled water 50/50 for the IC and the radiator. That's what my installation guide said... =)
Sponsored