Oklahoma to San Diego in a Race Red GT350

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
*I would like to dedicate this thread to the makers of the Valentine One. Without it, I would likely still be trying to get my car out of Texas impound.* :headbonk:

After being screwed (see ADM) by literally every dealer in San Diego, I had to look out of state. Forum member Deathmonkey had secured an MAS GT350 and therefore did not need his allocation any longer. He graciously transferred his deal over to me with no added gain for himself. The deal was sticker, but I just had to pay the dealer opt-in fee of $1,000 and and give the dealer a $2500 deposit. I changed his order to Race Red with OTT white stripes, Track Pack, & Car Cover. This was back in August.

Fast forward to Monday, March 14th. My dealer called and let me know that the car had just arrived. This was the first photo I received:

Not only loaded in the wrong direction ... but on the top deck as well!!! :frusty: Anyway, I told the dealer to look over the car in detail and really check out the front end to make sure no damage from the careless truck driver.

He called the next day and said the car was perfect. I took the next plane to Oklahoma geared up with rolls of 3M masking tape, my camera, a radar detector, a few shirts and a tooth brush. Not too sure what TSA thought of me, but they let me on the plane regardless! :crazy:

The dealer sent someone to pick me up from Tulsa's airport and he drove me an hour and a half to the dealership. They stayed open late and truly provided a five star experience. I've never been treated with such respect by a dealer, so major props to Jack Bowker Ford in Ponca City, OK. Bob Banta is a true class act and I would go out of my way to give him any business I could.

The car had 6 miles on it. He personally drove it one mile to the gas station and back and that was all. He kept it in the service center the whole time, saved all the plastics, put the window sticker on parchment paper and really understood how much the car mattered to me. Enough talk, this was the first glance at my new GT350 :love:

Leaving Ponca City for OKC, I drove by the Conoco Plant. I work in the oil industry, so I figured this would be a fitting place for a photo:

The next day, before I departed from Oklahoma City, I managed to make the most beautiful car in the world hideous. I didn't think it was possible, so I should be given some sort of award or something. :first:

So, there I went in my Ronald McDonald GT350 down the I40. I won't go into too much detail since many reviews have already highlighted how awesome this car is, but I can tell you this is the best automobile I have ever driven. It completely blows my 2008 M3 right out of the water. Not even in the same league. Engine, handling, brakes, comfort, ergonomics, everything. It's a true treat to drive and made the next 1400 miles to San Diego the most enjoyable road trip of my life. I drove 770 miles from Amarillo to Phoenix on Friday (few detours on the way) and the Recaros didn't bother me one bit. The car was more than happy to drive 200 miles, pull off the fwy on Route 66, i mean Mexico, and do multiple 0-100+ pulls. Then just hop back on the I40 and run for another few hundred miles. Well, enough talk. Here are a few more of my favorite photos along the way and short video of one of Mexican detour pulls. :cheers:

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
I remember when he posted this opportunity and everyone gave him a hard time. Glad to see it worked out and deathmonkey was genuine with his deal.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
So cool that had to be a great trip for you, I'm hoping you enjoyed your trip, I know that I would have, if that had been me! Enjoy your new ride, be safe. :cheers: John

Great photos of your trip, I love the one of you and your 350 in Tucumcari New Mexico!

Sponsored

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaving Ponca City for OKC, I drove by the Conoco Plant. I work in the oil industry, so I figured this would be a fitting place for a photo:

Well that plant is now Phillips66, i still have a tendency to call them Conoco also. But amazing picture with that beautiful car!

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
I live near Ponca City and have the same deal with same dealer on a tech pack in orange, waiting on delivery, they've been great to work with. Enjoy your GT!

OP
OP

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
I live near Ponca City and have the same deal with same dealer on a tech pack in orange, waiting on delivery, they've been great to work with. Enjoy your GT!
Good to hear they are getting another one. Couldn't have asked for a better dealer to work with. :ford:

Sponsored

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
You may have started an new "thing" with the yellow front end! haha. enjoy

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
You may have started an new "thing" with the yellow front end! haha. enjoy
......and the black stripes . :thumbsup:

BTW, how long did it take you to tape the car ? Congrats on the nice ride.

Havoc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 350 / Track Pack ordered/VIN 0621
Congrats man, beautiful car. I am glad I drove mine back too.

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Love the way the trucker not only ignored the loading instructions, but also the street sign that said "No Parking"!!!!

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Oh yeah, great story too! Congratulations!!!!
Sponsored