Sponsored

While everyone is losing their minds, I'm just over here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Doing 3rd gear rolling burnouts, banging it off the rev limiter, tuning 100% e85 stock block big turbo cars to 500whp, watching stock block cars go 10's, watching my customers rack up 40,000+ miles since they were tuned, putting a bigger turbo on my stock block Mustang, designing products for industry leaders to make even more power, and watching the THOUSANDS of people enjoying their car everyday without a single worry in the world.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to remember they bought an economy car and not a cheaper alternative to a GT. There are components that should be upgraded if your intended purpose of the vehicle is to beat the snot out of it. I know I wasn't surprised one bit when I put a rotated GTX3076R on my stock block STI and it blew the hell up when I made 450whp on e85.

Brules Rule's on keeping your Ecoboost Mustang happy.

1. Maintain it, change the oil, change the plugs, keep up on maintenance.

2. Don't try to fix anything that isn't broken. If your car isn't smoking and there isn't any oil in your cold side charge pipe (throttle body) don't freak out your car is fine. If you do have a little bit of oil, purchase a UPR catch can (I prefer you did from my site ;) haha), and replace the check valve between the intake manifold and the catch can with a 1/2" Boomba Check valve, and gut the PCV. Your Boomba check valve is your new PCV.

3. LSPI is a problem if you make it a problem. Don't floor your car in 6th gear at 1000rpms like a dolt. Don't take off in 2nd gear from a light and floor it. Don't try to brake boost your stock turbo car, trust me it isn't spooling any faster because you are doing it. If you are still afraid of LSPI, then save your money and buy a big turbo kit. They will never spool below 3,000rpms and grenade your motor. Also, I'm not sure of other tuners but I put preventative measures in place to prevent any customers from doing any of the shenanigans mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph. Try to floor your car in 6th gear (MT) under 3,000rpms, let me know how much boost you get. NONE! I SHUT YOUR THROTTLE BODY YOU FRUIT LOOP! :D

4. Ignore all post about blown motors that a.) Don't know the cause b.) tried a tuner that only does Corvette tuning c.) Has a JMS Boostmax on their car d.) Is running E40, Nitrous, Methanol, and Big boost and complains that their motor failed because of a crappy OEM head gasket. No, it wasn't the head gasket that I have made 600+whp on, it was your train of thought thinking someone that has no experience tuning an Ecoboost vehicle will be able to get Ethanol, Nitrous, and Methanol to play nicely.

5. Treat your car like you would like to be treated. If someone stuck their foot in your O-ring and forced you to run non-stop without letting you pause to cool down, while holding a hairdryer in front of your mouth. You probably wouldn't last too long either would you? If you are going to beat every last ounce of power out of your car on the street, or you plan on drag racing or circuit racing a lot, make sure your damn car is setup to handle what you are putting at it. I have no mercy for you if your engine shoots out of your engine bay and kicks you in your baby maker because you didn't think an intercooler does anything.

6. Don't live in California.

Thanks! :headbonk:

[ame]
Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
6. Don't live in California.
This is a problem. I love living in California. I just can't stand the State of California.

Kjewer1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 92 Eagle Talon
You don't have to floor it at all to get into the LSPI operating zone, it's simple math. I agree though otherwise, I'm enjoying the shit out of my car.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
This is a problem. I love living in California. I just can't stand the State of California.
California is awesome, I love the Calabasasasaassaasaasaasssa area as I have family there. It just isn't that great if you refuse to use anything else but pump gas.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
You don't have to floor it at all to get into the LSPI operating zone, it's simple math. I agree though otherwise, I'm enjoying the shit out of my car.
I agree with this, but I had a customer take off in 3rd gear the other day and floor it....

Sponsored

Kjewer1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 92 Eagle Talon
I do that all the time, in my 6.7 liter. :D

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Living in California is pretty much the best, E85 stations every 5 miles, they rarely drop the mix below actual E85, and its cheap. Ill take sunshine, and hot chicks over 93 at the pump any day of the week, and 5 times on Sunday...:first:

Oh, I almost forgot do have 93 at the pump 15 minutes from the shop, so I guess that's zero reasons, not to like Ca...:gossip:

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Living in California is pretty much the best, E85 stations every 5 miles, they rarely drop the mix below actual E85, and its cheap. Ill take sunshine, and hot chicks over 93 at the pump any day of the week, and 5 times on Sunday...:first:

Oh, I almost forgot do have 93 at the pump 15 minutes from the shop, so I guess that's zero reasons, not to like Ca...:gossip:
Pass them emissions bruhhhh.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
SOB Why do you have to be 5 hours away!

Sponsored

Eco_roller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Stang / 1967 'Cuda 273
And if you are an Ecoboost noob, forget all you know about what you used to own. (I also own MR2 turbo, and a DSM) The first thing I was researching when I got the car was a boost controller. My eyes (and ears) are open now.

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Pass them emissions bruhhhh.
Emissions? Why would we have to do that. Many loopholes around CA Emissions. I haven't had to smog any one of my vehicles in over 5 years, and yes they are all registered legally... Just cause you don't know the tricks don't mean their aint any Bruhhhhhh....:D

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang

Bastard .... In all seriousness, I dont have good fuel up where I live in the Sierra Nevada Foothills, but love the mountains. I ended up mixing my fuel, I added 15 % Sunoco GT 260 to my 91, comes out to 93 octane, to everyone that lives in CA, its easy to do, just keep a small jug of fuel in your trunk with you at all times, mix at gas station. Adam is right our fuel is soooooooo bad, dont expect much out of your ecoboost on it.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Emissions? Why would we have to do that. Many loopholes around CA Emissions. I haven't had to smog any one of my vehicles in over 5 years, and yes they are all registered legally... Just cause you don't know the tricks don't mean their aint any Bruhhhhhh....:D
I don't need to turn tricks to live in Texas. :lol:

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I don't need to turn tricks to live in Texas. :lol:

You just do it for fun, then? [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Fingers