Sponsored

The hardest thing I have had to do....

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
I've driven both, actually. and yes.. the s550 gt that i sold was FI. Procharged. it had upgraded pads. it always got fresh fluid before tracking. IMO there is no comparison in the brakes.

My tech pkg car is one of the ones that needs coolers, which i'll be adding shortly. that is the only downfall for me right now, which is being addressed.

not arguing. just shedding some light.

Have you driven a gt350? I'd reserve judgement until you have.

I'm saying R comps go on both cars so there is no excuse. Tire for tire, same brand, same compound.

Next time I'm in DFW with my car, or you're in New orleans, happy to oblige.
You didn't substantiate any of your previous arguments. So you subjectively like the brakes on the GT350 better? What pads were you running on the GT? Did you ever experience brake fade? If you did, what track and what kind of lap times are you throwing down? Do you have any videos of this?

Give me some real info. I mean, I get it, you like your GT350. I would too. I'm sure it's an absolute pleasure to drive and a brilliant machine. That doesn't mean I still wouldn't be able to shit all over one for less than $15k in upgrades. I know I could in fact.

And I'm fine with equal tires. But I'm not sure why RComps have to be brought in. But wither way, wouldn't matter.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I looked at bumping to a GT350 as well, but the difference in cost was far too vast in my opinion and not worth it to me. Besides, I'd probably never track one anyway if I had it, so there's that too.

Meh, I'll throw various GT350 engine bits and a few other choice parts at my lowly, low-mile GT and be happy with it. :thumbsup:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My Corolla gets more MPG than the GT 350 and the GT Premium. What now? Yeah, that's right. I struggle to pass people driving normally on any given day so it's almost like I'm racing, but no one is paying attention.

The struggle is real, folks.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
this reminds me of the EB guys and their napoleon complex with their GT counterparts. of course when you throw money at something you can make it faster.

does it mean i'd rather have a whippled GT than a GT350? absolutely not.

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
this reminds me of the EB guys and their napoleon complex with their GT counterparts. of course when you throw money at something you can make it faster.

You nailed it. Thanks for agreeing with me that the GT can be faster than the GT350 for less money.

I'd still rather have a GT350R than my GT. ;)

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's

Excuse me?!

I can actually relate to the OP in some regards..

I mean, technically speaking, I could dump $5k into my EBM and probably smoke most NA GT's in a straight line or on a track.. but it will never sound like a GT, won't drive like a GT, won't be as special as a GT.. at least not to me. I would rather have a GT with some pipes instead of a crazy fast modded EBM.. Kind of like how the OP would rather have a GT350 than a crazy modded GT.

:thumbsup:

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
Right on brotha

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I love having a crazy modded car. Makes it my car, ya know? I'd be afraid of modifying the Shelby since it means a lot to have that kind of car stock.

lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Description of Your Car(s)
I've fallen out of the modding camp, but then again, until I have the cash to drop on a factory 5 roadster, a weekend car is out of the question. Some people get lucky, but modding my previous two daily drivers (built, supercharged) was some of the worst decisions I've ever made.

My advice: do not supercharge your car unless you have cash in hand to replace the entire drivetrain--engine, trans, rear end, etc.

People always talk about being faster for less money. Sure, initially that's usually the case, but in my experience, shit will break and you will end up with a car with as much money into it as the difference between the gt and the 350, yet less reliable than an Alzheimer's patients memory. This is not even to mention the lack of warranty, the limited number of people that could diagnose issues or fix problems should you not have the time, etc.

I would have financed the 350 and gotten what I wanted without having to seriously mod anything. The 350 would hold value much much more. My two cents.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Sorry, but I think YOU are still missing the point. I would bet you as much money as I have that I could spend less than $15k on modding a GT PP and be able to outlap a stock GT350R, by a significant margin, all day long.

If you think that a GT350R is some end all be all of performance car than you are sadly mistaken. There is a reason that you can almost always build out a lower price point car and whip up on more expensive cars. It has to do with the fact that I can spend money on only the shit that matters whereas a manufacturer is consistently making compromises.

Lets do some simple math here. Good set of coilovers(MCS, JRZ, etc.) with camber/caster plates $3500-4000. Set of lighter wheels (Forgestar) with some sticky tires (RE-71R), $3000. Long tubes, cat back, intake, GT350 IM, Ngauge, tune, $4000. This still leaves me with another $4k to spend where I could go cams, and other engine mods to make more power. Or forget all the other power mods, throw on a centri running low boost, add a meth kit and still be under $15k.

If you don't think that car would be faster around a road course you are a fool.
This post is hilarious ^.
Foregstar rims arent even light and you are definitely not getting wheels + tires for only $3k, maybe 9.5 wide square setup wheels from American Muscle :lol:
Then you talk about brakes? Your brake setup is not better than a two piece rotor all around setup that is on the GT350.
Have you gotten coli overs professionally installed and the car corner weighted?
Have you installed long tube headers on these cars?
How much are intake and exahust cams for the s550 5.0, how much would it cost to install and tune the car to run them?

At the end of the day it is still a GT, resale value will plummet, the GT350 will only steadily go down. Lol, 15k on a GT just to keep up with a GT350 is hilarious. Ever think what would happen when the GT350 has 15k in mods? :headbonk:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Do I want a GT350? Well, that's a stupid question, of course I do. But is it worth ~$30K difference (I'd want a Tech, and I've been doing the math) over my GT? Not to me, but some will differ.

Just depends on the buyer's situation and what's most important. Does he/she want the latest/greatest factory-built car of the moment, soon to be eclipsed by the Next Big Thing?

Another angle....as you see in my sig, most of my past Mustangs have been special-edition models to some degree. Personally, I don't tend to mod these types of cars too much beyond the simplest bolt-ons with the interest of keeping the potentially-collectible nature intact, whether I keep them or not. My '96 had a fairly potent 2V 4.6/5.0 Teksid-blocked stroker, and was arguably the most fun of all of them - and I didn't feel bad about tweaking the snot out of it.

Cars are one of the worst investments there is. Most of these cars won't be worth much down the road anyway since they build too many and too many end up garage queens and will thus be plentiful in later years. The special cars in prime OEM trim will just retain some of their initial premium at that point.

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
This post is hilarious ^.
Foregstar rims arent even light and you are definitely not getting wheels + tires for only $3k, maybe 9.5 wide square setup wheels from American Muscle :lol:
Then you talk about brakes? Your brake setup is not better than a two piece rotor all around setup that is on the GT350.
Have you gotten coli overs professionally installed and the car corner weighted?
Have you installed long tube headers on these cars?
How much are intake and exahust cams for the s550 5.0, how much would it cost to install and tune the car to run them?

At the end of the day it is still a GT, resale value will plummet, the GT350 will only steadily go down. Lol, 15k on a GT just to keep up with a GT350 is hilarious. Ever think what would happen when the GT350 has 15k in mods? :headbonk:
Like I said earlier, arguing on the interwebs is pointless. Constantly have to deal with people spouting absolute BS. Nonsense that is completely false.

I have a set of 19x10 Forgestars, they weigh 23.2 lbs. Sorry, but thats pretty light by any standard. Sure you could spend a TON more and get something sub 20lb. I am running 285 tires all the way around. The exact cost I have in the tires and wheels, including mount and balance, shipping, everything, is $2781.

Better is subjective. Did I say the brakes would be "better". I said you could upgrade to a set of good pads and put good fluid in and have no issues with fade. That's a fact.

The rest of your post is a joke. I'm not even sure what relevance any of it has to my argument. And why would I get coil overs professionally installed? That shit is easy as hell. I don't have scales to corner weight my car though. But again, wth does that have to do with anything?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
I've fallen out of the modding camp, but then again, until I have the cash to drop on a factory 5 roadster, a weekend car is out of the question. Some people get lucky, but modding my previous two daily drivers (built, supercharged) was some of the worst decisions I've ever made.

My advice: do not supercharge your car unless you have cash in hand to replace the entire drivetrain--engine, trans, rear end, etc.

People always talk about being faster for less money. Sure, initially that's usually the case, but in my experience, shit will break and you will end up with a car with as much money into it as the difference between the gt and the 350, yet less reliable than an Alzheimer's patients memory. This is not even to mention the lack of warranty, the limited number of people that could diagnose issues or fix problems should you not have the time, etc.

I would have financed the 350 and gotten what I wanted without having to seriously mod anything. The 350 would hold value much much more. My two cents.
same here, after modding my WRX. i was lucky enough that the engine didn't blow after 80k hard miles. won't be taking that chance again, ever.

oh and selling a previously modded car was pain in the ass too....

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Keyboard hero.....internet Rambo....etc. :crazy:
He does sound like a keyboard hero, lol. He is sure as shit thinks his mustang will take down a gt350 or out drive people in their gt350.

Tyhenry, let's see pics of this 285 square setup you are running, if u have the wheels and tires for the price you mentioned 2781, it sounds like they are wrapped around cheap ass tires. :lol:

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
He does sound like a keyboard hero, lol. He is sure as shit thinks his mustang will take down a gt350 or out drive people in their gt350.

Tyhenry, let's see pics of this 285 square setup you are running, if u have the wheels and tires for the price you mentioned 2781, it sounds like they are wrapped around cheap ass tires. :lol:
As my car currently sits it wouldn't outrun a Gt350, never said it would. Doesn't mean I can't out drive someone in their Gt350 though ;)

Why do I need to post pics of the setup? You can price it all out yourself. I got the wheels for $1379 shipped, the Bridgestone RE71R's were $1337 shipped and it was 65 to mount and balance. Oh yeah, forgot, $75 for new TPMS sensors. So $2856.

Ill post pics for you later. They purttyyy.
Sponsored