OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Err nah, really don't like them.
I am likely to go for a Trex black mesh grill and toying with the idea of modding the original one as you suggest
Sponsored

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
I'm not sure about them either- will get my car before getting them - may get the painted engine cover that they do though.

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Decided I could wait until tomorrow to take some pics so just been down to tesco car park to take these

Gotta say. I am very, very pleased!!

Sorry about the poor quality

20160205_205907_resized.jpg

20160205_205732_resized.jpg

20160205_205816_resized.jpg

20160205_205942_resized.jpg

20160205_210045_resized.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Okay gloss black looks really nice! Very very very very nice, you've just tied the entire car together so well, take a bow!

Sponsored

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Thanks for the comments. They actually do matter.
I have been planning these bit for the last 18 months. I have a folder on my desk top full of links and pics of spoilers etc.
I always wanted to do this from the day I realised I was being forced into black wheels.

But to actually do this, send a beautiful car to the body shop, have it stripped, have the rough finish of the plastic bits smoothed off, a spoiler STUCK on the rear window and another bolted to the boot well, I have been nervous I admit.

Then the negative comments on here (and thats what a forum is for) really started me thinking what have I done!!

I can honestly say that when I got out the car at tesco and saw it under lights, I was gobsmacked. It just looks just what I wanted it to. It some how looks more expensive and exotic.

Not everyone will like it and I hope they dont in some ways but I really do. I am so pleased!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I can honestly say that when I got out the car at tesco and saw it under lights, I was gobsmacked. It just looks just what I wanted it to. It some how looks more expensive and exotic.
This is the reason we mod, adapt and change our cars, for ourselves, I like what you've done :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Is that boot spoiler in the right place? Looks too far forward to me.
You had to come up with something!! lol.
I will have a look tomorrow. I dont think you can get it wrong as it comes with a template that you line up with the boot.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You had to come up with something!! lol.
I will have a look tomorrow. I dont think you can get it wrong as it comes with a template that you line up with the boot.
It will look 'forward' on the pictures from behind or above it because of how the boot is, when there's picture of a side view, it's lined up correctly as it's meant to go up with the curvature of the boot. Correct?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Very very nice :thumbsup:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Looks goooooood! ...... but as you say, the grill looks like it needs something now. Were you not tempted to gloss that also?

The finish would also look super-cool on any other colour of car - except, ironically, the black probably! Not sure what would work against the black, TBH. Those gloss finish grill power bars however, probably would look good on a black car - especially with a US spec lower grill.
Sponsored