Race Red or Competition Orange?

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ok so I have a GT ordered in Race Red, but recently I have been thinking about changing it to Competition Orange as I currently have a red car and thought that it would be nice to have a different colour. Also the other 3 cars ordered from my dealer that I know of are all RR and I would like to have something different.

As CO is difficult to photograph I don't have a good idea of what it actually looks like. Can the people on here that have a CO mustang give me an idea of what shade it is as it looks different in every picture.

Do you guys think that I should change? All help will be appreciated.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Go CO, there's a lot of RR's coming in to the country in general, and the orange does look nice in person, there's no photo, no matter how hard i've looked on google, of a nice unedited/remastered/touched up CO mustang. It just doesn't look 'right' on pictures, but my god in person does it do bits for you.
It's that right shade on 'Burny fire orange' a mid point between bright orange (talking lambo orange) and red.

It's deffo the choice if your aim is to stand out. Only made nicer by the stripes on it, or a contrasting black roof if you haven't got the Custom pack.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
See, I found the CO a bit dull. Thought it would be a lot brighter. But I did see it on a grey day. I bet in the sunshine it looks great, we all know how much of that we get.

Think RR is a great colour but will be very popular. You picked it for a reason

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
MM's right, it's very hard to judge the colour without seeing it in person. I also agree that black stripes/roof/wheels help to tone it down as, personally, it can be a bit "much" on it's own.

My best description would be that it can seem a little salmon-pink in dull weather, but bright sunshine brings out the best in it. Mind you, if you've seen Mustangs in the US, all the colours look sooooooooooo much better under some decent sunshine!

I also like the fact it's a colour rich in Mustang history. It was first used in the '69/'70MY and was called, back then, Calypso Coral. It then came back again for the SN95 Terminator and then again on the late S197s :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
See, I found the CO a bit dull. Thought it would be a lot brighter. But I did see it on a grey day. I bet in the sunshine it looks great, we all know how much of that we get.

Think RR is a great colour but will be very popular. You picked it for a reason
See i was fortunate enough to see it in the 4PM november sun (it was bright) and it looked nice, equally yes, on dull days it's very bleak, but the racing stripes or well positioned black accents really offset the car and make it something else imo.

[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] That's my younger brothers initials, damnit TT! :lol:. Can always count on you for some nice mustang facts! (Magnetic looks better here than in states IMO, dull skys make it look almost black-chrome)

Sponsored

OP
OP
NornIron91

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to email tomorrow to see if I can still change. It would have been really helpful to see it in person but that's not going to happen.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
All I know is the comments I have had about my colour have been outstanding. Everyone loves it and it really stands out.
One thing I would say is I really believe you want to stick with the black wheels with the Orange. That is just my opinion btw!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to email tomorrow to see if I can still change. It would have been really helpful to see it in person but that's not going to happen.
As long as no one thinks you are making a political statement by having an orange car!

Don't be disappointed if your colour is locked in. Race red looks great and is very Mustang.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I would have to say stick with RR - its the classic Mustang colour and as others have said, it does look great. That's my vote anyway :)

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I have CO and am really glad I didn't change my order. I was tempted by Guard and Magnetic, as I didn't want to stand out. I did the same with my Boxster 10 years ago. Wanted Speed Yellow but went with Seal Grey to be conservative.

Then I thought, it's a Mustang, why do I want to hide away. Too many grey, silver and blue cars on the road.

Looking out of my window on a dark grey winter's day and the car looks fabulous.

Orange looks great, especially as it makes that long bonnet stand out when you are driving.

The only way to describe it, to my mind, is a brighter version of the orange '69 Charger in The Dukes of Hazzard :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Magnetic :ninja:

Hammer Time

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Auto
Henry was right all those years ago "any colour you like as long as it's black" :ninja:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I have CO and am really glad I didn't change my order. I was tempted by Guard and Magnetic, as I didn't want to stand out. I did the same with my Boxster 10 years ago. Wanted Speed Yellow but went with Seal Grey to be conservative.

Then I thought, it's a Mustang, why do I want to hide away. Too many grey, silver and blue cars on the road.

Looking out of my window on a dark grey winter's day and the car looks fabulous.

Orange looks great, especially as it makes that long bonnet stand out when you are driving.

The only way to describe it, to my mind, is a brighter version of the orange '69 Charger in The Dukes of Hazzard :D
Have you updated your Sync wallpaper yet? ;)
50YearORNG.png

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Nice. Now how do I do that?
Sponsored