Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Fun fact: 6 years ago, I was suppose to pay $600....never paid it:ninja:

Never received any letters or anything from the IRS.

Bottom line: If you owe, don't pay:lol:
I have friends at the IRS and they checked into that for me. Turns out you are part of a trial program where they cut costs by matching up people who owe with people having the same amount coming to them. They sent your address to some outlaw biker they owed $600 to and you guys can settle things between you. I wouldn't worry, he goes by Tiny, so probably some milktoast.
Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I haven't had tax return in 10+ years...
I always end up paying thousands extra each year...
You're welcome to those who get returns. You can have some of my money.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Congratulations! Best wishes to you. I am married for 28 years, I can tell you it gets better and better.
Thanks. Many of my mods are on hold right now.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
Katzkin leather

Sponsored

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
Add to my Whipple savings fund!

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I set up my W4 so I break even and don't owe or get a refund. Why do you guys give the government a free loan all year? You could be using that money during the year and invest or buy stuff unless you are just really poor at saving money?

Sponsored

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
I assume they just collected in subsequent year tax returns?
They didn't it was my first time filing taxes when I was 16-17 I think, technically I was suppose to get those 600 back, but in order to help my parents save on their taxes, they claimed me as a dependent...so that's what made me owe money.

then I filed for an extension to pay off those 600, got a letter that approved it and at the time I was barely making anything working PT in HS, so I kind of was going to wait until they sent me another letter, but never got anything sent again....so I left it at that.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
The government doesn't care about "LOANS". They just print as much money as they want. Where have you been?

I agree that making it come out even or owing is preferred, but I'm another one of those perennially getting a refund. I know it's not the "best" way, but it's what I like to do.
You are one of those print money people...

It is best you let the gov't manage your money since you must think they do such a great job.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
probably doesn't make much difference to "owe", as you will only get about 1% in savings rate these days. Before taxes :faint:
You can find deals... I found a navy fed certificate at 5% for one year, cap at $5,000.00.

Right now I think they are at 3%.. but 3k.

There are things like that all over the place, if you look.

I'll give it to you, not much of a gain... but do stuff like this over 30 to 50 years and it adds up.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dude I'm in the same boat I went from 1 to 2 on W4 but I made more money in 2015 vs 2014 still getting a healthy $1500 back I'm all ears for advice I would love to get $200ish back and have more in paycheck. I thinking of bumping up to 3 on W4. I'm 25work in advertising have student loans and good credit no kids no house. Any CPAs out there ?
do the tax calculator on turbo tax or on the irs website. It will tell you exactly what to elect.