NSW Mustangs

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Had an awesome morning, it was great to meet up with a few guys who already have their mustangs and others who have theirs on order.

Big thanks to phil who took me out for a spin in his mustang GT.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I've got a question for you blokes who've taken delivery, and have manuals.

The US versions have a hill-hold function, do we get that on the import versions? Or is that related to line lock, so we miss out

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
I've got a question for you blokes who've taken delivery, and have manuals.

The US versions have a hill-hold function, do we get that on the import versions? Or is that related to line lock, so we miss out
Yes we do get the hill hold function. Took me a little while to even realise it is there, it is not as "intrusive" I guess is the word as some are, so if you want to roll back on a hill you can still. I think it senses when the clutch is being released before it activates, hard to explain it, but works well.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
^^^^ Thanks for the photos guys! Timing didn't work out for me this morning. This venue is relatively close to where I live so hopefully can meet up there next time.

PS: Saw a White Ecoboost exiting Masters on Mulgoa Road this afternoon. My first sighting in the wild!

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yes we do get the hill hold function. Took me a little while to even realise it is there, it is not as "intrusive" I guess is the word as some are, so if you want to roll back on a hill you can still. I think it senses when the clutch is being released before it activates, hard to explain it, but works well.
Thanks mate, car looks awesome btw! Same spec as my order, with the same plate style - love it

Sponsored

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder does if this function works rolling forward ??:shrug:

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
I wonder does if this function works rolling forward ??:shrug:
Ok so you got me thinking and I had to put down my burbon and go out on the driveway and try it now.
Yes it works if you are also backing up a hill, no I did not have to go on the road to try it so was not on any public road after having a beverage.:)

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Gnome , I have a very steep driveway, the thought of doing a reverse burnout every time I closed the garage door made shiver !! Get back to that burbon &enjoy your nite !!

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Damnit!! I was at this exact spot Saturday afternoon! Wish I paid attention as to when this meet was! If the hill hold function is anything like my Focus ST it works perfectly both front and back (so if you want to reverse up a driveway it works as well)

Also how did u attach the front plate on the RR GT? I was thinking we would have to bend it a little bit to stick it on. I'm thinking double sided tap to save me drilling the front bar?

Sponsored

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Damnit!! I was at this exact spot Saturday afternoon! Wish I paid attention as to when this meet was! If the hill hold function is anything like my Focus ST it works perfectly both front and back (so if you want to reverse up a driveway it works as well)

Also how did u attach the front plate on the RR GT? I was thinking we would have to bend it a little bit to stick it on. I'm thinking double sided tap to save me drilling the front bar?
I read that Clancy ford Bathurst used 6mm spacers on the front screw holes and fitted Altrex plate frames. Looked good and let the plates flat.
This will be my plan.
Peter

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
I read that Clancy ford Bathurst used 6mm spacers on the front screw holes and fitted Altrex plate frames. Looked good and let the plates flat.
This will be my plan.
Peter
You are correct ,but I will add that the spacers were actually 10mm diam(approx)rubber hose/tube cut to about 10-12mm long, then as you screwed the plate on the rubber splayed a bit and gave support.It ended up being about a 6mm standoff. Then fitted Altrex covers. Regards Phil.

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
You are correct ,but I will add that the spacers were actually 10mm diam(approx)rubber hose/tube cut to about 10-12mm long, then as you screwed the plate on the rubber splayed a bit and gave support.It ended up being about a 6mm standoff. Then fitted Altrex covers. Regards Phil.
That's the detail I was looking for.
Thanks
Peter

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks guys, appreciate it, I'm not keen drilling holes in the bar though. The black holder they put on at the dealer is that drilled on or stuck?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Anyone driving a white GT around Bellevue Hill this morning?
Sponsored