Expired tags in Arizona

GManAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I realized the other day that I've had my new Mustang for almost a year! The purchase day was 1/21/15 and the new sticker came in March sometime. So they never sent me anything in the mail or email, I go to the AZDOT website today and low and behold my tags expired on the 15th of January! :shrug:

I go online to get a new tiny little sticker to put on there and WTF!!!
$497.00 for one year and $897 for two! Never had a car this expensive to register before. Also, an $8.00 late fee. :headbonk:

Sorry, just needed to vent. After all the other crap that happened this month I had to put it on a credit card, but at least I'm legal again.
Sponsored

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Oof. I'm not looking forward to that bill.
My registration in Colorado was $650 for the first renewal. Does not pay to drive newer than 10 year old shit.

OP
OP
GManAZ

GManAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Of course I went for the 2 year option. At least I won't have to smog it for a while!
I just hope they use some of that money to sweep the darn roads around here so I don't have to buy another $500 Pirelli because of a stupid nail, or $650 windshield for a thrown rock! :frusty:

Sponsored

OP
OP
GManAZ

GManAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Arizona tags are based on much you paid for the car...ouch
I guess that tells me something. My 1993 Ranger is about 10 bucks! :headbang:

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
That's cheap. My first renewal (transferred tags from old car) was $1200 for property tax and renewal. My bill came for this year and it dropped to $850.00
SC use to have a loophole where if I transferred tags from a car I sold (renew just before selling) the tax rate would be on current appraisal the next year. Tried this with the wife's new car a few years ago and I was charged the same rate as if I put plates on a new car, even though it was a year old at the time.
You buy a new car, and they will get their cut!

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. My renewal was whole $55...
I used to think living in Ohio stunk, but the more I read about registration, taxes, fees, etc I can deal with our crappy Winter.

Our $55.00 renewal fee is VERY cheap compared to other states and we don't have E-Check or Inspections (most places, I know Cuyahoga county does)!

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
flat $65 registration here, not the BS property tax like registration some states have

Sponsored

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
flat $65 registration here, not the BS property tax like registration some states have
Good to know. Texas/Florida/South Carolina/Georgia are my most likely future destinations if I ever leave Ohio.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I will add, it is based on the school district you live in since the majority of the tax goes back to the local school district.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
For some reason I didn't receive a bill for tab renewal. I've always gotten one in the mail every other year. After reading your post it dawned on me that I have expired tabs! I'll have to go to the MVD tomorrow and get that taken care of.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Mine is $340 in CA and I thought we would have been the worse...$650 though? Holy shit!!

azsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor
I realized the other day that I've had my new Mustang for almost a year! The purchase day was 1/21/15 and the new sticker came in March sometime. So they never sent me anything in the mail or email, I go to the AZDOT website today and low and behold my tags expired on the 15th of January! :shrug:

I go online to get a new tiny little sticker to put on there and WTF!!!
$497.00 for one year and $897 for two! Never had a car this expensive to register before. Also, an $8.00 late fee. :headbonk:

Sorry, just needed to vent. After all the other crap that happened this month I had to put it on a credit card, but at least I'm legal again.
Arizona has some of the highest if not the highest registration fees for vehicles. It's ridiculous.
Sponsored