thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
It looks like he was making fun of the A10
Randy said he was driving with a smile on his face and one hand, versus a sweaty brow with the 'vette. My guess is, Randy doesn't want a car to drive itself as much as the automatic ZL1 does, and prefers the manual option, but in the end the Shelby made him giggle like a school girl and that's 'nough said about whether a few seconds matter or not.
Sponsored

Jakl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Imagine the hellcat challenger with...oh I don't know, a weight of 3700-3800 pounds.

Now imagine a GT350/R with 700+hp. At its current weight. The GT350/R would clobber it.
Oh absolutely! I will never argue the LX isn't portly, and it drives as such. But the hate strictly on the basis that the chassis is old is what I was referring to.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Love this pic from Jason Cammisa's IG post...

Also seems that Randy spun out in the R...
Looks like they were doing drifting/donuts by the tire marks in the back ground, but Cammisa also said he never even attempts to drift the 350 or the R haha I think it has to do with the electric steering not being able to react quickly enough

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have owned the GT350 and now the ZL1. The ZL1 should beat the GT350R hands down. I really don't think it is a good comparison. The ZL1 has 20% more horsepower, a lot more torque. Both have similar Brembos. The GT350R does have less weight which will help it but not enough. I am sure the ZL1 will be a manual. It is really the best against the best per manufacturer that's all. Both are good cars. The ZL1 is not as nice looking at first, and I did not like the whine. But it has grown on me. And I really don't care about seeing out the back. It has blind spot monitors which help a lot at night.
I totally agree with you.

MrBHutch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R | 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
any update to this?

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Randy sure does seem to love the R!

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I bought a ZL1 until the dealers tried to scumbag the deal i got my money back and bought the Shelby out of state, i still feel the GT350 is a much more special car in every respect, its not about 0-60 and 1/4 mile to make a car special its about the full experience. GM needs to step into the future and make a dual overhead cam motor. Comparing my GT350 to some mega cars ive driven and tracked it still blows my mind how damn good the GT350 is.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I bought a ZL1 until the dealers tried to scumbag the deal i got my money back and bought the Shelby out of state, i still feel the GT350 is a much more special car in every respect, its not about 0-60 and 1/4 mile to make a car special its about the full experience. GM needs to step into the future and make a dual overhead cam motor. Comparing my GT350 to some mega cars ive driven and tracked it still blows my mind how damn good the GT350 is.
I've thought the same thing but can you imagine how much money they are making not having to redev the entire platform. At this point, they might as well stick it out until everything is electric ;)

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
^ I'd love to see the Cobra R make a return. Aluminum body, 7.0 liter v8 motor, all in the R package weighing in under 3500lbs. Yea im dreaming!

When the hell are they going to release the video/results???
Sponsored