Sponsored

ZL1 Addons rock guard install

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
The push pin has 2 parts. A male instert and a female receiver that expands. Remove the top part of the push pin first, then the base will pop out
got them. :) sorta feel like a dummy but didn't want to force them if they would break. guards going on!
Sponsored

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
So I just tried to install these. I don't see how these things are going to go on and not rub against the tire. I have a set of Project6gr wheels and stock tires on. Install process was to turn the wheels about 45 degrees to get to the push pins. Removed the push pins and held the rock guards against the wheel well to align the pin holes per the instruction. As I held the guard in place I noticed the inner edge of the guard rubs against the tire. Immediately stopped and put the pins back in. Im at a loss now. I suppose I could trim the inner part of the rock guard but not really interested in hacking them up. Anyone else run into this issue and if so how did you solve it? If no quick fixes you'll see them on eBay on the coming days. Help please.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
So I just tried to install these. I don't see how these things are going to go on and not rub against the tire. I have a set of Project6gr wheels and stock tires on. Install process was to turn the wheels about 45 degrees to get to the push pins. Removed the push pins and held the rock guards against the wheel well to align the pin holes per the instruction. As I held the guard in place I noticed the inner edge of the guard rubs against the tire. Immediately stopped and put the pins back in. Im at a loss now. I suppose I could trim the inner part of the rock guard but not really interested in hacking them up. Anyone else run into this issue and if so how did you solve it? If no quick fixes you'll see them on eBay on the coming days. Help please.
You should not be anywhere close to rubbing with these. Do you have a picture?

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
You should not be anywhere close to rubbing with these. Do you have a picture?

Holding them in place in this pic. The push pins are a PITA to take out again. As you see, the inner edge is virtually right up against the tire.

878e43c3deae6acdeabf5866f063ef72.jpg

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Now you have me nervous about fitment when my new wheels come in.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Now you have me nervous about fitment when my new wheels come in.
Do you have stock wheels ? Mine are fine with stock GT350 wheels ?

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have stock 19 wheels right now and didn't see any clearance issues but I'm bumping up to 20s

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Project6gR. 19 inch. Only 1/2 inch wider than stock. Stock tires.
What asking the other poster....

So your front wheels are 1/2 inch wider than stock, is it rubbing when in a fully locked position ?

I'm thinking that 1/2 inch is making a big difference therefore making contact with the flap.

I had to get longer aftermarket push pins as the original ones weren't long enough.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I have stock 19 wheels right now and didn't see any clearance issues but I'm bumping up to 20s
Well in that case, you might have rubbing issues with 20inch wheels.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
What asking the other poster....

So your front wheels are 1/2 inch wider than stock, is it rubbing when in a fully locked position ?

I'm thinking that 1/2 inch is making a big difference therefore making contact with the flap.

I had to get longer aftermarket push pins as the original ones weren't long enough.
where did you grab the longer push pins?

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would also like to know this. I have done 0 research on the matter but I am missing 1 push pin in the front of the wheel well and it hasn't been bothering me enough to look up if there is a specific size I need but if someone wants to hand feed me that information I would be grateful. :D

350_Horseman

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT350
Project6gR. 19 inch. Only 1/2 inch wider than stock. Stock tires.
I too have the R spec rims and would like to purchase these. But if this is the case, then no 350R would be able to purchase these. Which seems odd.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I would also like to know this. I have done 0 research on the matter but I am missing 1 push pin in the front of the wheel well and it hasn't been bothering me enough to look up if there is a specific size I need but if someone wants to hand feed me that information I would be grateful. :D
These are the ones i got at NAPA ! They fit perfectly and don't budge one bit.
IMG_1910.jpg

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Ok so i still haven't received my missing tape on my brand new rock guards nor am i sure if it was ever sent in the first place, so i'm wondering if someone can tell me what type and size 3M tape is needed so i can finalyse my install.

Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Thx
Hi, where were you able to purchase the 3M VHB tape (in Canada)? I installed mine, but the passenger side flap has pulled away from the tape near the bottom. They've been installed for a little over 2 weeks..
Sponsored