Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
GREAT post, Mark, you covered everything. I didn't do nearly the amount of investigating that you did but I got lucky and I'm very happy with the QJ.

It does help with detailing the car but not as much as yours but I don't mind sitting on the floor for some of it.

My garage is reasonably deep, at least I can get a Super Duty in (but it's tight.) :-) But you have tons more room side to side and that certainly helps with maintenance and detailing. Plus, as you said, most chores are easily doable with your lift. I think we both got the models best suited for our needs.

And @sy1462, if you go with a QJ, I'm pretty sure you'll be quite happy with it. I have two support posts in my garage and I mounted the QJ Wall Hangars on one of them so I can hang both sides of the lift. Other than bumping a knee on that steel from time to time, (laughing) they're up and out of the way. (but they are NOT light.) All that remains are the hoses and the compressor, neither of which take up any space at all.

upload_2020-5-19_10-5-15.png
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I did look at the MaxJax since I also have a 9' ceiling. However in my garage, in the space I would set up the MaxJax or any two post lift, it would not allow me to open my door fully without hitting the post. My garage has a lot of width but not depth for the cars since I have a work bench, tool chest and other items taking up that space. Also wanted a lift that would make it very easy to detail the car which was the main reason for the lift. I can walk around the entire car detailing the mid and lower sections while I am standing. As far as having access under the car, you are right this is the only drawback to the scissors type lift I have but the area that is inaccessible is from the rear of the transmission to the gas tanks. There is really nothing in that area that needs servicing. Of course if you wanted to replace your exhaust then yes this scissors type lift would not work.

I installed the Lethal Performance resonator delete X-Pipe prior to getting this lift. However, since I have had the lift, I have changed the engine oil and filter, installed the Steeda front G-Trac Brace, Rear IRS subframe braces, alignment kit, bushing support system, rear diff urethane bushings and vertical links. Also replaced the brake pads with G-Loc GS-1 pads (for very little dust) and have had the wheels off and on the car several times (testing different wheels and tires). I mainly bought this lift for cleaning and detailing the car which has been the best addition to my garage ever. At my age (65) it has become very difficult for me to kneel down on the ground then get back up :)

The reason there are so many types of lifts is because people want them for various reasons and you need to get the one that fits for you. Every lift has it's advantages and disadvantages.
Mark, did you notice a loss in braking bite switching to G-loc? I tried them with the GT350 brakes I had on my last car and the loss of bite was too much for me, so I switched back to the OEM pads.

Jaime

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime, I did notice a loss in braking bite but not enough for me to want to switch back. While they don't bite like the OEM pads, the pedal effort still seems the same so I am fine with it. I replaced them because I have a real issue with pads that create a lot of dust and sticky dust at that. I am very happy with the amount of dust these produce which is very little and washes right off.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Anyone know if they make a typical jack that's powered like the QuickJack's are? I'd love one of those QJ's but too expensive but a smaller jack that prevents the pumping by hand would be much cheaper and still quick.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mark, please share your design on your future ramps, I want to try and build a set and I know they will be just fine here in the desert.
I decided to have a friend of mine make me a set of aluminum ramps that are similar to the RaceRamps I have now. I am going to have him make them 4" wider so it can accommodate more vehicles and only 2 1/2" tall instead of 4" so that the arms on the lift can just swing right out without having to raise the lift up to clear the ramps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I think that's a most excellent decision, Mark. Being lower and wider is a bonus.

Strange, but I don't notice much brake dust at all from the OEM pads. Maybe I'm not using the brake enough. <grin>

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Could be the terrain. You may live where it is flat and I’m in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains so just going back and forth to town I go up and down hills. If I cleaned the wheels and make one trip to town (3 miles one way) by the time I get home my wheels no longer have that super shiny black gloss. After replacing the pads I’ve been to town three times and they still look shiny. Using my finger on them there was very little dust.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I have 220 miles on my car and the wheels have some dust but nothing like the dust produced on my 2013 with the stock pads, 6 miles and you had a lot of dust.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
I have 220 miles on my car and the wheels have some dust but nothing like the dust produced on my 2013 with the stock pads, 6 miles and you had a lot of dust.
EARL: I have 276 miles on my CFTP GT500 now!!!

Allen

Last edited:

Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Mark, what width do you recommend and or are going to have? Is the rear tire width wide enough or a little wider?

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Mark, what width do you recommend and or are going to have? Is the rear tire width wide enough or a little wider?
I have 325-30 X 20 Toyo R888R tires on 20" X 12" rims on all 4 corners on my 2020 CFTP GT500!!!

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
What measurement did u give quick jack for the lifting points
So this answers my question - The BL-5000 EXT will do my '19 GT and a Tesla Model 3, which has a slightly longer wheelbase.

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
GREAT post, Mark, you covered everything. I didn't do nearly the amount of investigating that you did but I got lucky and I'm very happy with the QJ.

It does help with detailing the car but not as much as yours but I don't mind sitting on the floor for some of it.

My garage is reasonably deep, at least I can get a Super Duty in (but it's tight.) :-) But you have tons more room side to side and that certainly helps with maintenance and detailing. Plus, as you said, most chores are easily doable with your lift. I think we both got the models best suited for our needs.

And @sy1462, if you go with a QJ, I'm pretty sure you'll be quite happy with it. I have two support posts in my garage and I mounted the QJ Wall Hangars on one of them so I can hang both sides of the lift. Other than bumping a knee on that steel from time to time, (laughing) they're up and out of the way. (but they are NOT light.) All that remains are the hoses and the compressor, neither of which take up any space at all.

WhTs the measurements to order the quick jack that u can up with

upload_2020-5-19_10-5-15.png
Sponsored