Sponsored

Why more GT500's for sale than 350’s or Mach 1’s?

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
See all of you gt500 owners next month for the next gt350 vs gt500 fight … we hit long term ownership last month… this month which has the most for sale… thinking next month we can fight over which looks better… we haven’t had that fight for a while… what do you guys think? Should I put it on the calendar?

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
See all of you gt500 owners next month for the next gt350 vs gt500 fight … we hit long term ownership last month… this month which has the most for sale… thinking next month we can fight over which looks better… we haven’t had that fight for a while… what do you guys think? Should I put it on the calendar?
Holy cow, you guys fight with 500 owners too? I thought you only beef with Mach 1 owners! 😂

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Holy cow, you guys fight with 500 owners too? I thought you only beef with Mach 1 owners! 😂
yes… and we fight with the GT guys … and definitely with the Dark Horse guys … we are just a rowdy bunch lol

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The Dork Horse guys just auto lose, those things are hideous 🤣
I like the styling of S650 but it’s really hard to distinguish the DH from a GT. Ford messed up on that, the Mach and Shelby’s have distinct visual traits that set them apart (in addition to performance traits obviously).

Hopefully they do better with whatever the next Shelby-like variant is (Cobra is the rumor I’ve heard).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I like the styling of S650 but it’s really hard to distinguish the DH from a GT. Ford messed up on that, the Mach and Shelby’s have distinct visual traits that set them apart (in addition to performance traits obviously).

Hopefully they do better with whatever the next Shelby-like variant is (Cobra is the rumor I’ve heard).
I never got the dark horse nonsense. Less HP than a 350 and less capable, yet initially HUGE markups. I recall inquiring at my dealer for kicks and was told 60K markup. I couldn't believe it. A few months back, my sales guy reached out to check interest, they had one on the floor they couldn't sell.

Hmm, I wonder why?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I never got the dark horse nonsense. Less HP than a 350 and less capable, yet initially HUGE markups. I recall inquiring at my dealer for kicks and was told 60K markup. I couldn't believe it. A few months back, my sales guy reached out to check interest, they had one on the floor they couldn't sell.

Hmm, I wonder why?
The name is lame and by all accounts it’s a fine car but nothing special. There were a few dealers charging $15-$20k markups initially, most are down to MSRP now because they can’t move them. Shocking, right?

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I don’t mean to turn this into a DH bashing but I would drive a 350 or 500 with pride. That DH is just butt effing ugly.

Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I don’t mean to turn this into a DH bashing but I would drive a 350 or 500 with pride. That DH is just butt effing ugly.
I’ll take a Mach 1 with handling pack over the Dark Horse…not that the Dark Horse is bad but I like the Mach 1 with handling pack very much… Eruption Green …

armytc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
The Dark Horse is an O.K. car but nothing special considering the price.
Sadly, the name is about as exciting as watching paint dry. They are too close in looks to the GT and the EcoBoost. The Shelby's and Mach's had the looks and some beautiful colors. The Dark Horse is mostly shades of primer.
Would I like to own one? Yes, but not at the prices they are asking. Boss, Cobra, and Mach 1 have been traditional names. Why screw up a good thing? The Dark Horse should have been a special edition like the Black Package in Black only.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It's 2024 and Shelby's, the Mach 1, and the Boss are buried, all the while possibly being on stand-by. So for now the Dark Horse carries the torch. Definitely creates a unique shadow. I'm a huge fan of the dual throttle body and TR3160 tranny (no pun intended) as well as the fact that GM and Dodge/Chrysler/whatever the f*** they are now have raised the white flag. I remember the Mustang II days and this effort at failure pales in comparison.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
How about the Probe. :lipssealed:

It's 2024 and Shelby's, the Mach 1, and the Boss are buried, all the while possibly being on stand-by. So for now the Dark Horse carries the torch. Definitely creates a unique shadow. I'm a huge fan of the dual throttle body and TR3160 tranny (no pun intended) as well as the fact that GM and Dodge/Chrysler/whatever the f*** they are now have raised the white flag. I remember the Mustang II days and this effort at failure pales in comparison.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Any common issues with first year GT500 vs the last years made? But as I am looking at the cheaper ones, I do see branded titles / salvage etc. It is often a issue with high HP cars that are being sold again very shortly after being bought.
Sponsored